Christmas is a Christian religious festival. It is celebrated worldwide on the 25th of December every year. The birth anniversary of Jesus Christ is commemorated across all countries, particularly in Bethlehem, where he was born. Jesus Christ was the son of Mother Mary, and according to popular beliefs, he was born on Earth to alleviate the pain and sufferings of people and guide them towards honest living principles. The festival spreads the message of love, kindness, happiness, and friendship. Below we have provided 10 lines on Christmas in English for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 students, written in easy and simple words. These few lines can help you write an essay, paragraph, composition, and summary on Christmas.
Ten Lines on Christmas
- One of the most significant and holy festivals of Christians celebrated on the 25th of December to commemorate the birthday of Jesus Christ is the “Christmas” festival.
- According to popular beliefs, the origins of ‘Christmas’ come from the famous words “ Jesus Christ’s Mass” or only “ Christ’s mass.”
- Churches are decorated with lights of all hues and sizes, and bells are rung at midnight to signify the birth of Jesus Christ.
- The day mainly signifies the spreading of love and endearment for all fellow beings on Earth and removes feelings of hostility and resentment from our minds.
- People wish and greet each other as “Merry Christmas,” irrespective of their caste/religion/ community they come from, to foster brotherly ties.
- Visiting churches is a customary practice and indulging in charitable activities to help the poor and needy with gifts and foods adds to the goodness of the festival.
- Every Christmas celebration is incomplete without the presence of an attractively decorated pine tree, popularly called the “Christmas Tree.”
- Christmas celebrations unite people with a sense of love, peace, and happiness with each other, while people greet everyone with cards, e-wishes, gifts, takeaways, chocolates, cookies, cakes, and specially prepared delicacies.
- Christmas is declared as a public holiday, all schools, offices, and government services are shut on this day.
- Children wait to receive gifts from Santa Claus and invite him warmly to their well-decorated houses.
We hope you LIKE this article – 10 Lines on Christmas. You can read more 10 Lines about essays, events, sports, festivals, technology, and many more.