10 Lines on Christmas: Christmas is a Christian religious festival. It is celebrated worldwide on the 25th of December every year. The birth anniversary of Jesus Christ is commemorated across all countries and particularly in Bethlehem where he was born. Jesus Christ was the son of Mother Mary, and according to popular beliefs, he was born on Earth to alleviate the pain and sufferings of people and guide them towards honest living principles. The festival spreads the message of love, kindness, happiness and friendship. It aims to remove hatred, jealousy and ill-feelings from the world.
Ten Lines on Christmas
Below we have provided Ten Lines on Christmas in English, written in easy and simple words for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. These few lines sets are useful for essay and paragraph writing too!
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Christmas in English for Class 1, 2 & 3
- Christmas is undoubtedly one of the most widely celebrated religious festivals in India, and we can see all critical places illuminated with colourful lights for the occasion.
- Jesus Christ is popularly worshipped on Christmas festival on 25th of December as he is believed to be the lord of humanity by Christians.
- The day mainly signifies spreading of love and endearment for all fellow beings on Earth and removes feelings of hostility and resentment from our mind.
- People do a lot of good deeds on the occasion of Christmas like distributing gifts, cakes and sweets amongst relatives and friends.
- People wish and greet each other as “Merry Christmas” irrespective of their caste/religion/ community they come from, to foster brotherly ties.
- Visiting churches is a customary practice and indulging in charitable activities to help the poor and needy with gifts and foods adds to the goodness of the festival.
- Every Christmas celebration is incomplete without the presence of an attractively decorated pine tree, popularly called the “Christmas Tree”.
- Churches are decorated with lights of all hues and sizes and bells are rung at midnight to signify the birth of Jesus Christ.
- Christmas is declared as a public holiday, and all schools, offices and government services are shut on this day.
- Children wait to receive gifts from Santa Claus and invite him warmly to their well-decorated houses.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Christmas Day (The Christian Festival)
- One of the most significant and holy festivals of Christians celebrated on 25th of December to commemorate the birthday of Jesus Christ is the “Christmas” festival.
- Cake shops and sweet stalls are beautifully decorated for the entire season commencing from Christmas as the festival is all about giving and sharing.
- Public places are illuminated in bright, colourful lights, and many events and special shows are held to bring people together on occasion.
- Particular highlights of the day include prayers to the lord at churches, preparing a host of delicacies at home and spending time amongst relatives and well-wishers.
- Carols or memorable songs in praise of lord are sung in chorus by family members and many groups together.
- People usually take a break starting from Christmas until the arrival of the New Year day usually to extend Christmas celebrations by going on a vacation with family and spending more time with them.
- Wrapping of unique gifts and packing cakes, puddings and cookies for small kids is considered very auspicious for the festival.
- Unique flowers are offered to Lord Jesus Christ on the evening of Christmas, and the entire family jumps into celebration mode by buying new clothes, decorating houses and Christmas trees.
- Romans are believed to have started Christmas celebrations for the first time in the year 336 AD.
- The origins of the word ‘Christmas’ according to popular beliefs comes from the famous words “ Jesus Christ’s Mass” or only “ Christ’s mass”.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Merry Christmas in English for Class 5 to 8
- Christians worship and respect Jesus Christ and celebrate his birth anniversary on the 25th of December every year.
- The era in which Christ was born, saw the widespread practice of violence, discrimination, prejudice and bigotry everywhere.
- The world needed a saviour to help save people from greed, intolerance, hatred and Jesus Christ showed the path of liberation from all these sins.
- Christians all over the world celebrate the festival majorly but what’s more interesting is the fact that people from other religious beliefs also take part in the festival activities with equal enjoyment.
- The charming hymns and carols are a treat to the ears and unique bands singing them in the evenings bring life to the festivities.
- Christmas depictions imitating the birth events of Jesus Christ are re-created as models in many Christian associations and offices to celebrate the festival with more grandeur uniquely.
- The tallest Christmas tree decoration at the Vatican City takes place many months in advance, and people take to the streets greeting and hugging each other on the midnight dawn of Christmas.
- Adults disguising themselves as Santa Claus by wearing red-white attires and caps to provide surprise gifts to children are a visual treat to watch.
- The White House, Washington holds a special place as far as decorations are concerned, as it hosts more than 40 beautifully decorated Christmas trees decked with around 14,000 precious ornaments.
- Christmas celebrations unite people with a sense of love, peace and happiness with each other, while people greet everyone with cards, e-wishes, gifts, takeaways, chocolates, cookies, cakes and specially prepared delicacies.