10 Lines on Computer: ‘Modern problems require modern solutions’- and there are very few things that can solve our problems better than a computer. In this digital world, where everyone is looking for means to reduce their workload and save time, the computer is like our saviour and the solution to most of our qualms. Not owning even a basic model of a computer is almost unimaginable in the 21st century. According to the recent census, 89.3% of families have a computer in their homes.
Below we have provided a few lines about computer, written in easy and simple words for classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 students. These ten lines can be useful for essay and speech writing too!
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Computer
This set of ten lines on computer are suitable for classes 1 to 5.
- A computer is an electronic device designed to process the commands that are given by the user.
- Charles Babbage is known as the ‘Father of the Computer’.
- The Antikythera mechanism is the first known mechanical analog computer discovered in 1901.
- Computers can be classified into various types, but the three main types are Digital, Analog, and Hybrid.
- The physical components of the computer are known as ‘Hardware’, and the ones that are stored inside the computer are known as ‘Software’.
- The data given to the computer is known as ‘input’, and the results shown by the computer is known as ‘output’.
- The input devices of a computer are mainly: keyboard, mouse, scanners, and microphone.
- The output devices are monitor, speakers, printers, etc.
- The CPU is the brain of the computer and processes all the data that is given by the user.
- A computer is used for various purposes like storing data, watching movies, and playing games.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Computer
- A computer is a device that is used in all the sectors of society.
- As of 2019, there are over 2 billion computers in the world.
- Computers follow a general set of instructions called programs.
- The hardware, software, and the peripheral system make a fully functional computer system.
- The word computer is officially in use from the early 17th century and means ‘one who computes’.
- The Roman Abacus, used for arithmetic calculations was developed in Babylonia in the 2400 BC.
- Electronic calculating devices were first developed during World War II.
- The microcomputer revolution in 1970 resulted in the mass development and modifications of computers, which led to the Digital Revolution in the late 20th century.
- There are more than a thousand computer manufacturers within the USA itself.
- Currently, Lenovo is the top computer selling brand with 16.8 million computers sold by 2015.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Computer
- A computer is a digital device which works on a binary system consisting of bits (0 and 1).
- The main memory of the computer is called the Random Access Memory (RAM) from where data can be easily accessed.
- ROM is the read-only memory, which is non-volatile and permanently stores the instructions in the computer.
- The systems software of a computer is called the operating system which manages the hardware, software, and functions of the computer.
- Windows Microsoft is the most dominant operating system having a market share of 82.74%.
- The most powerful computers are called supercomputers and are used in physics, climate research, and molecular modelling.
- Charles Babbage built the first analytical engine, and hence a mechanical computer in the 19th century.
- Kenbak-1, invented by John Blankenbaker, was the first-ever personal computer to be sold in 1971.
- The IBM 5100 was the first mobile computer, and the IBM 5120 is known to be the heaviest desktop computer.
- Smartphones and tablets are also computing devices which run on ‘System on a chip’, i.e. a computer device which runs on a microchip.