10 Lines on Cricket: One of the most favoured outdoor games is Cricket. It is played in both national and international levels. Although Cricket is prevalent everywhere, it is mostly played in the Commonwealth countries. This sport is played by people of all ages and genders, and many take it up professionally after going through years of training.
Ten Lines on Cricket
Below we have provided a few set of ten lines on cricket, written in easy and simple words for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10. These ten lines are useful for essay and paragraph writing competition.
- There are two teams in Cricket comprising of 11 players each.
- The points scored in Cricket are given on the basis of the number of runs made.
- The three main items used to play this game are the bat, ball, and wickets.
- The batting and the bowling teams are decided on the basis of a coin toss.
- The team which bats have two players on the field, and the team which bowls has its players all across the field, called fielders.
- Once the batsman hits the ball, he runs towards the opposite wicket and comes back to this own side, that’s how a run is scored.
- If the ball hits the wicket on the side of the batsman, he is considered to be ‘bowled out’.
- The batsman can be considered to be out if the fielder hits the wicket on his side before he completes a run or catches the ball before it gets out of the field.
- The entire process of the game is observed by the referee, who checks if the players are violating rules and gives warnings based on them.
- When ten out of eleven batsmen are out, the innings is considered to be over, and the teams switch positions.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the commanding body of Cricket and its players all over the world.
- The game was first started in 16th century England and became popular in the British Empire in the 19th century.
- The Women’s Cricket Association was founded in 1926, and the first Women’s Test Match took place in 1934 in between England and Australia.
- The Test match, the ODI, and the T20 are the popular formats of the game.
- Test matches are international matches which last up to five days.
- ODI is the One Day International game with 50 overs of batting and ten overs of bowling for each bowler.
- The T20 is more popular due to the T20 World Cup and the IPL (Indian Premier League).
- The T20 World Cup started in 2007 and takes place every two years.
- Till date, Australia has won the World Cup five times, with India and West Indies winning the cup two times each.
- Captain Rohit Sharma is known to score the most runs in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, with five centuries.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) was founded at Lord’s on 15th June 1909.
- There are 12 full members and 92 associate members of the ICC.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) founded the IPL in 2008.
- The World Cup was first played on 7th June 1975, and the T-20 World cup was started in 2007.
- The first international cricket match took place at St George’s Cricket Club between USA and Canada in 1844.
- Cricket is played on a field called ‘pitch’ with two teams, one assigned to bat, and the other to bowl.
- There is a particular ‘area of play ‘inside the field where the batsman, the bowler, and the wicket-keeper are positioned.
- The period in which the batting team is allowed to bat is known as innings, after which the teams switch roles.
- There are two ‘Umpires’ on the field, and one outside the field responsible for making calls, and maintaining the regulations of the game.
- Whichever team scores the most runs, wins the game.