One of the most favoured outdoor games is cricket, and it is played at both national and international levels. People of all ages and genders play this sport, and many take it up professionally after going through years of training. Below we have provided 10 lines on cricket for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 students, written in easy and simple words. These few lines can help you write an essay, paragraph, composition, and summary on cricket.
Ten Lines on Cricket
- My favourite game is Cricket.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the commanding body of Cricket and its players worldwide.
- The game was first started in 16th century England and became popular in the British Empire in the 19th century.
- The first international cricket match took place at St George’s Cricket Club between USA and Canada in 1844.
- There are two teams in Cricket comprising of 11 players each.
- Cricket is played on a field called ‘pitch’ with two teams, one assigned to bat and the other to bowl.
- The batting and bowling teams are decided based on a coin toss.
- There are two ‘Umpires’ on the field and one outside the field responsible for making calls and maintaining the game’s regulations.
- Whichever team scores the most runs wins the game.
- The Test match, ODI, and T20 are the popular formats of the game.
We hope you LIKE this article – 10 Lines on Cricket. You can read more 10 Lines about essays, events, sports, festivals, technology, and many more.