A dog is proudly considered a man’s best friend, and it is the most popular domestic animal and a favourite pet companion for humans. The scientific name of the dog is Canis lupus familiaris’. Dogs are trained to perform specific tasks, and they are enrolled for police services too. They are omnivorous creatures who belong to the class of mammals. The most incredible quality of dogs is their faithful and loyal nature.
Ten Lines on Dog
- Dogs are the most commonly found mammals on Earth, and they have four legs.
- Dogs can be classified under ‘wolves’ subspecies, and they show similar tendencies to eat flesh and meat.
- Dogs have very sharp teeth or canines to cut and ingest the flesh that they prey on.
- The dog’s home is popularly called a kennel, but they also live in shelter homes and training centres.
- Dogs eat vegetarian and non-vegetarian food like rice, vegetables, bread, biscuits, meat, and milk.
- Wild breeds of dogs are found in the jungles of Africa and Australia, and they show substantially varying features compared to their counterparts.
- The young dog is called a puppy, and a group of puppies is called a ‘litter’ while a group of adult dogs is popularly called a’ pack of dogs.’
- A veterinary doctor treats dogs that are unwell and also vaccinates them periodically.
- Dogs are very popular due to their perfect sense of eyesight and olfactory responses in their nose.
- Sniffer dogs help bomb squads and police personnel to locate the precise location of crime scenes and bombs and act on them in time.
- Dogs are omnivorous mammals found in different sizes, colours, body weights, and breed patterns.
- They can hear sound frequencies between 47,000 to 65,000 Hz, which are very high pitched for a human ear.
- Dogs have an average lifespan between 10 to 13 years, and it also depends on the type of breed they belong to, where exotic and well-bred dogs have a larger life span.
- Dogs respond to stimuli by barking and creating howling sounds when their caretakers need attention.
- Typically, dogs give birth to four or six puppies at a time, and they are lactated by the female bitch until they are old enough to find food on their own.
- In snow countries like Siberia, Alaska, Greenland, etc., dogs act as a means of transport by drawing sledges along with their movements on ice-capped surfaces.
- Canines are the most faithful companions of man, and they can understand a man’s feelings and help him ward off his loneliness, depression, and stress to a large extent.
- A dog gets well adjusted to the surroundings where it lives, and it always takes care to protect its master and other housemates from possible danger.
- Dogs are fun-loving animals, and they enjoy swimming, jumping, and playing around with children with balls and toys.
- They are some of the most compassionate creatures on Earth, and they form ever-lasting bonds with their masters and rejoice to see them come back after a hard day’s work.
We hope you LIKE this article – 10 Lines on Dog in English. You can read more 10 Lines about essays, events, sports, festivals, technology, and many more.