10 Lines on Environment: The natural world around us and the geographical surroundings together constitute our environment. Our environment is made up of both living and non-living things. Environment broadly encompasses natural processes, features, characteristics and influences. They include human interactions with nature. Habitats are closely linked with resources and further with human settlement systems at varying extents.
You can read more 10 Lines about essays, events, sports, festivals, technology, and many more.
Ten lines on Environment
- The environment simply means the surroundings around us, including plants, animals, birds, nature, trees, insects and all other organisms.
- Without a well-defined environment life on earth cannot even be imagined by us.
- The environment is classified into natural and human-made systems.
- The natural environment includes all-natural resources, including rivers, lakes, mountains, trees, and human-made environment refers to human-built structures like buildings, dams, houses, complexes etc.
- Environment structured by man influences the natural environment to a very great extent.
- With increased human activity, the ecological balance in the environment is disturbed.
- The environmental crisis has led to many disasters like floods, landslides, tsunamis and earthquakes.
- We have to conserve our environment by planting more trees, keeping our surroundings clean, saving water and reducing pollution around us.
- World Environment Day is globally celebrated on June 5th every year.
- In a healthy environment, all-natural cycles follow a systematic order without any disturbance.
- The plants, animals, insects, wind, humans and resources constituting both natural and man-made are collectively called the environment.
- All elements of the environment help life to sustain and grow on earth.
- A clean and healthy environment consists of clean spaces, pollution-free air and very less damage by human activity.
- The progress and development of a nation are marked by conservation of its natural resources and preservation of its environment.
- With a greater focus on rampant economic growth and industrialization, the natural environment suffered a severe setback with increased levels of pollution.
- Deforestation has wiped out soil layers causing floods, and rampant exploitation of resources has caused a severe shortage of food and water supplies in many nations.
- The environmental crisis is looming significant in many countries, and steps are taken to preserve nature for a better and greener tomorrow.
- We have to take steps to conserve the environment by keeping our surroundings clean, reducing the usage of chlorofluorocarbons, wise garbage management, saving water, growing more trees and reducing the usage of chemicals and pesticides.
- When our environment is unhealthy, living organisms suffer from various diseases and genetic complications.
- All interactions in our environment are interrelated and connected, and one element has an impact on the rest.
- The interaction between physical, chemical, biological systems determines our surrounding world – the environment.
- The environment is classified into living and non-living things or biotic and abiotic components.
- Living things are systems that have life within them, including humans, plants, animals, birds, animals and insects.
- Non-living things are further classified into naturally occurring resources like mountains and rivers and human-made resources like schools, offices and buildings.
- All human actions directly or indirectly affect the surrounding environment.
- All entities of the environment are interdependent and co-existing with each other.
- Environmental pollution, contamination, depletion of resources and other harmful human interventions have damaged the environment completely.
- To spread awareness on the need to conserve nature and environment, the United Nations started worldwide celebrations of Environment Day on June 5th every year from 1972.
- Increased use of technology, modernization and selfish exploitation of resources has caused environmental degradation.
- All of us have to take small steps to conserve our environment and prevent further endangering of environment and other natural resources around us.