10 Lines on Parrot: Parrot is one of the most amazing birds on Earth. It belongs to the order Psittaciformes. There are more than 390 species of parrots around the globe. They are predominantly found in tropical areas. Their vibrant feathers and prominent beaks make them appear quite attractive. Parrots are well-known for their intelligence, and they make lovely pets. They mostly talk and love to imitate our voice. Despite the abundance in their species, reports suggest approximately 140 of these species have been endangered.
Below we have provided few sets of ten lines on Parrot in English, suitable for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 in easy and simple words.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Parrot
- Parrot is one of the most attractive birds in this world.
- It is generally found in warm countries.
- There are more than 390 species of parrots.
- Parrot has a curved red beak and bright green feathers.
- Parrots are found in many different colours as well.
- There are black rings around their necks.
- They have a thick tongue.
- They live in the hollows of the trees.
- Parrots eat fruits, leaves, seeds, and grains, etc.
- They can be quite talkative and can easily imitate humans.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Parrot for School Students
- Parrot is a medium-sized bird predominantly found in the tropical regions of the world.
- Australia, Central America, Asia, and Africa have the highest population of these birds.
- The beauty of the parrot is well-recognized, especially because of its vibrant features.
- They can be as short as 3.5 inches or as long as 40 inches.
- Parrots can weigh up to 1.6 kg on an average.
- Kakapo is the world’s heaviest parrot.
- The average life span of this bird varies close to 50 years.
- Parrots are omnivorous and like to eat insects, seeds, and fruits, etc.
- Parrots are extremely clever and have higher learning capacity than other birds.
- They make amazing pets. Many people keep them at home.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Parrot for Higher Class Students
- The scientific name of the parrot is psittacines.
- It seems to be the descendants of oviraptorosaurs which happened to exist almost 50 million years ago.
- Parrots communicate with each other vocally as well as by fluttering their tails.
- They are the only birds that use their feet to consume food.
- The anti-bacterial pigment present in their feathers makes them look so vibrant and colourful.
- Despite their beauty, they can be aggressive and attack others once in a while.
- These are intelligent beings who can easily find their mating partners for life.
- They commonly lay 2 to 8 white round-shaped eggs.
- Baby parrots can take up to 4 years to completely transform into adults.
- The overall population of parrots seems to be decreasing. Around 33% are on the verge of extinction.