Pollution refers to the adverse change in the environment after introducing toxic substances. We live in an era where we are subjected to pollutants regularly. We do realize that pollution disrupts the natural balance in our ecosystem. However, we are also to blame for not controlling it effectively. Urbanization, industrialization, burning of fossil fuels, etc., contribute to the increase in pollution. We cannot comprehend that if we don’t act now, soon we might not get a chance to control its outspread. Thus, today we will discuss the topic of pollution and its attributes in general. Below we have provided 10 lines on pollution for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 students, written in easy and simple words. These few lines can help you write an essay, paragraph, composition, and summary on pollution.
Ten Lines on Pollution
- Pollution is the contamination of the environment.
- The literal meaning of this term is dirt or impurity.
- It is harmful to all living organisms.
- Pollution can be of many types.
- Air, Water, Soil, Noise, and Light pollution are a few types of pollution.
- Pollution has adverse effects on our health.
- It causes phenomena like global warming and acid rain.
- Pollution has degraded our natural resources.
- In India, pollution is a major environmental issue.
- Measures to control and prevent pollution must be adopted.
- Pollution is the act of adulteration of natural resources.
- It is caused by both natural and man-made activities.
- Flood, earthquakes, volcanoes, and forest fires are a few natural causes.
- Man-made causes include industrial discharge, waste effluents, sewage, etc.
- The toxic elements which contaminate our environment are known as pollutants.
- Pollution is not just a national but a global threat.
- Pollution gives rise to numerous chronic ailments in humans and animals.
- Thermal, radioactive, and light pollution are a few types of pollution.
- Using eco-friendly resources like wind energy, solar panels can help control pollution significantly.
- The three R’s, namely reduce, recycle, and reuse, must be implemented to prevent pollution.
- We have all been familiar with pollution in the past few years.
- It is the contamination of our atmosphere by toxic elements.
- Vehicular exhaust is one of the prime sources of air pollution.
- Effluents from industrial chimneys like carbon monoxide also pollute our air.
- Waste-water sewage runs down the lakes and pollutes the water bodies.
- Harmful chemicals used in pesticides and fungicides destroy the soil quality.
- The hazardous waste products from nuclear plants cause radioactive pollution.
- Pollution can cause numerous diseases, some of which can be fatal.
- Spreading awareness regarding this health hazard is of utmost importance.
- Using renewable resources is the best way to tackle this problem.
We hope you LIKE this article – 10 Lines on Pollution. You can read more 10 Lines about essays, events, sports, festivals, technology, and many more.