10 Lines on Pollution: Pollution refers to the adverse change in the environment after introducing toxic substances. We live in an era where we are subjected to pollutants regularly. We do realize that pollution disrupts the natural balance in our ecosystem. However, we are also to blame for not controlling it effectively. Urbanization, industrialization, burning of fossil fuels, etc. contribute to the increase in pollution. We cannot comprehend that if we don’t act now, soon we might not get a chance to control its outspread. Thus, today we will discuss the topic of pollution and its attributes in general.
Ten Lines on Pollution
Below we have provided a few sets of ten lines on Pollution in English, written in easy and simple words for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Pollution for Kids
- Pollution is the contamination of the environment.
- The literal meaning of this term is dirt or impurity.
- It is harmful to all living organisms.
- Pollution can be of many types.
- Air, Water, Soil, Noise, and Light pollution are a few types of pollution.
- Pollution has adverse effects on our health.
- It causes phenomena like global warming and acid rain.
- Pollution has degraded our natural resources.
- In India, pollution is a major environmental issue.
- Measures to control and prevent pollution must be adopted.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Pollution for School Students
- Pollution is the act of adulteration of natural resources.
- It is caused by both natural and man-made activities.
- Flood, earthquake, volcanoes, and forest fires are a few natural causes.
- Man-made causes include industrial discharge, waste effluents, sewage, etc.
- The toxic elements which contaminate our environment are known as pollutants.
- Pollution is not just a national but a global threat.
- Pollution gives rise to numerous chronic ailments in humans and animals.
- Thermal, radioactive, and light pollution are a few types of pollution.
- Using eco-friendly resources like wind energy, solar panels can help control pollution significantly.
- The three R’s, namely reduce, recycle, and reuse must be implemented to prevent pollution.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Pollution for Higher School Students
- We have all been familiar with the term pollution in the past few years.
- It is the contamination of our atmosphere by the toxic elements.
- Vehicular exhaust is one of the prime sources of air pollution.
- Effluents from the industrial chimneys like carbon monoxide also pollute our air.
- Waste-water sewage runs down the lakes and pollutes the water bodies.
- Harmful chemicals used in the form of pesticides and fungicides destroy the soil quality.
- The hazardous waste products from nuclear plants cause radioactive pollution.
- Pollution can cause numerous diseases, some of which can be fatal.
- Spreading awareness regarding this health hazard is of utmost importance.
- Using renewable resources is the best way to tackle this problem.