10 Lines on Rainy Season: The rainy season or the monsoons are a boon to the farmers of the country. Lakes and rivers get filled with rainwater, and they turn into tourism hotspots. Monsoon is derived from the Arabic word ‘Mausam’ which means the rainy season. Rain showers create wet places everywhere, and monsoon distribution is not the same across the Indian subcontinent. This means different areas receive rainfall during other times of the year. India receives medium to heavy rain during the year. Children love to dance in small water puddles and make paper boats to sail on them. Peacocks can be seen dancing merrily during the rainy season. Monsoons set in after the summer season and hence they offer a lot of respite from the heat.
Below we have provided ten lines on Rainy Season in English, written in easy and simple words for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 students.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Rainy Season
Ten lines on Rainy Season for classes 1 to 5
- The monsoon season in India is usually characterised by mild showers, pleasant and cold weather conditions, light thunderstorms followed by lightning during the night.
- India welcomes the monsoon season in June to September right after the hot summer season.
- The Indian agricultural economy depends on timely rainfall for profitable crop production and to provide water for its irrigation canals.
- Families love to spend quality time with their family members by staying indoors and enjoying hot cups of coffee/ tea and spicy soups.
- Plants, vegetation, and crops flourish and fill themselves with greenery during the rainy season.
- Animals love to take shelter in their dwelling place or under the trees and await the much-needed respite from high temperatures.
- In the Indian subcontinent, every state has its unique pattern of rainfall distribution graph, and some areas receive heavy rainfall while others receive very poor downpours.
- Monsoon first sets in the coastal parts of the Kerala state and then moves in the upward direction spreading rain waves to other countries.
- Rainforests in India exhibit grandeur of flora and fauna in the monsoon season and these regions are the Western Ghats, the northeast states and Andaman and the Nicobar Islands.
- Rainy season affects the health of people with an increase in mosquito breeding activities, and people tend to fall sick with different types of fevers and dengue cases.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Rainy Season
Few lines on Rainy Season for classes 6 to 8
- The rainy season is usually accompanied by cloudy weather conditions and heavy downpour of rain, making the temperature humid and cold.
- Mawsynram, a village in Meghalaya, receives the highest recorded rainfall in India and is also regarded as one of the moistest places on Earth.
- Leh region in Northern parts of the country and Jaisalmer in Rajasthan receive very scanty rainfall up to 50 cms annually.
- There are different monsoon standard systems followed in the world; some of them are Asia-Australian systems, West African patterns, North and South American rainfall types.
- Absence of rainy season in many parts of the world creates water scarcity, destroying crops and vegetation and loss of livestock and animal lives.
- Along with rain showers, monsoon can set in thunderstorms and more than 5, 00,000 lightning strikes in a year across the world.
- The arid and dry Arizona regions receive 32% of rains during the months between June to September, and dust storms usually accompany them.
- The monsoon forecasting unit of the Indian Meteorological Department was set up in the year 1886, and by far they have been able to correctly predict timely rainfalls and prevent drought situations in the country.
- India has seen very heavy rains and floods during the year 2016, causing widespread damage to human lives and property and submerging the Kaziranga National Park completely.
- Pre-monsoon showers that occur before the actual rainy season are popularly called ‘Mango showers’ in the state of Karnataka as they help to ripen mango saplings and increase their productivity at his time of the year.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Rainy Season
Few sentences about rainy season, suitable for classes 9 to 12
- When the south-west monsoon winds attain speed and start blowing with greater intensity, the season of monsoon sets in India.
- Rainy season brings in a whole new freshness and creates green scenic beauty and adds to the elaborate flora and fauna of the Indian rainforests.
- Timely rains bring respite to farmers and help them to irrigate their crops properly, and excessive rainwater flows out of the land into nearby streams and channels.
- On the other hand, heavy rainfall creates a flood-like situation causing widespread destruction of crops and bringing down the marketable value of crop production.
- Many disease outbursts like dengue, cholera, malaria, typhoid, diarrhoea and dysentery occur during the rainy season and can cause widespread epidemics too.
- Children wearing raincoats and protective rainwear to cover themselves along with holding umbrellas while going to schools are a common sight during the rainy season.
- Some of the regular protective clothes to be worn during the rainy season are raincoats, gumboots, hiking pants and light wear clothes.
- We should take care to dry clothes well during rainy season as wet and damp clothes attract fungal growth, bacterial and mould emergence on the fabric surface.
- People use dehumidifiers to beat the cold and humid weather and also to keep the house warm and germ-free.
- Common crops that we get in monsoons are rice, sugarcane, and cotton and soya beans apart from season fruits like litchis, pears and mangoes.