10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar: Sachin Tendulkar, the former captain of the Indian national team, is one of the greatest and most talented batsmen in the history of India’s cricket. Not just India, his talent and sportsmanship is an inspiration for all the cricket playing nations in the world. Sachin Tendulkar started playing cricket from the age of eleven, and went on to become the captain of the Indian cricket team in 1996 and remained the captain for two tenures.
Below we have provided a few lines about Sachin Tendulkar, written in easy and simple words for classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 students.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar
- Sachin Tendulkar was born on 24th April in 1973.
- He received guidance from a renowned cricket coach named Ramakant Achrekar at Shivaji Park.
- He represented Bombay in the Ranji Trophy, India’s domestic cricket tournament at the age of 14.
- He was the youngest person to score a 100 not out in a match against Gujarat in a first-class cricket tournament.
- Sachin Tendulkar debuted in international cricket at the age of 16 in 1989.
- Tendulkar became the first overseas player to represent Yorkshire at the age of 19 in 1992.
- He scored the highest runs in the 1996 World Cup where he scored two centuries.
- Fans of Tendulkar lovingly call him ‘Master Blaster’.
- Tendulkar has played the highest number of ODI matches and has not been out in 41 of them.
- In 2003 World Cup he was proclaimed as the “Man of the Tournament”.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar
- Sachin Tendulkar was born in Bombay in a Maharashtrian family.
- His parents are Ramesh and Rajni Tendulkar.
- Sachin Tendulkar was named after the famous music director Sanchin Dev Burman.
- Sachin Tendulkar got married to Anjali Tendulkar in 1995 and has a son and a daughter.
- In 1987 Cricket World Cup, Tendulkar served as the ball boy.
- He was the first player to score a double century in an ODI.
- Tendulkar is the only player to have completed more than 30,000 runs in international cricket.
- Tendulkar has received the Arjuna award, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Padma Shri, Bharat Ratna and many other awards.
- The Time magazine included Tendulkar’s name in the top 100 ‘Most Influential People in the World’ list in 2010.
- He retired from all formats of cricket on 16th November in 2013.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar
- Sachin Tendulkar made his Test debut on 15th November 1989 at the age of 16, against Pakistan.
- Tendulkar is the only cricket player who has scored a hundred international centuries.
- He is the youngest player to have debuted for India in the ODIs.
- He holds the record for the highest number of runs both in Test and ODI matches.
- The years 1994-1999 is considered as his best years.
- Tendulkar took 78 ODIs to score his first century.
- His name was added to the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in 2019.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the first-ever sportsperson to receive the Bharat Ratna.
- He has played 664 international cricket matches and scored a whopping 482 runs on 2011 World Cup.
- Tendulkar played his 200th Test match against West Indies at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai in 2013 and took retirement from all forms of cricket.