10 Lines on Taj Mahal: One of the 38 World Heritage Sites in India is Taj Mahal. It is a grand palace made of pure marble and adorned with Jewels and is based in Agra. Taj Mahal is living proof of India’s advanced architecture and brings pride to our country. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in India. People from all over the world come to admire this beauty which was built during the Mughal rule in India.
Below we have provided a few lines on Taj Mahal, written in easy and simple words for classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 students.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Taj Mahal
Below we have provided ten sentences about Taj Mahal, suitable for classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Taj Mahal was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1653.
- It is located near the southern bank of river Yamuna in Agra.
- It was built in remembrance of his wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- It took approximately 32 million rupees to build Taj Mahal in 1653.
- The architect who led the construction was known as Ustad Ahmad Lahauri.
- A garden of 300 meters surrounds Taj Mahal.
- Taj Mahal has a total of four towers on its four sides.
- Twenty thousand artisans were involved in the building of Taj Mahal.
- It is considered as the best specimen of Mughal architecture by many.
- Both Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal’s tombs are situated in the lower level of the Mahal, towards Mecca, the holiest city in Islam.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Taj Mahal
Below we have provided a few lines Taj Mahal, suitable for classes 6 to 8.
- Taj Mahal is regarded as one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- It became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983.
- Taj means ‘Crown of the Palace’.
- The Taj Mahal is an emblem of love; Rabindranath Tagore described it as ‘A Dream of Marble’.
- In the Mahal lie the tombs of Shah Jahan and his wife, Mumtaz.
- The tombs lie in the centre of a 42-acre land bordered by a crenellated wall.
- Taj Mahal is based in Agra, making it a popular tourist destination.
- Taj Mahal’s designs had been influenced by Persian architecture.
- It is believed that Shah Jahan got the land for Taj Mahal from Maharajah Jai Singh in exchange for a palace in the centre of Agra.
- Taj Mahal is so famous that visitors who stay more than three hours in Taj Mahal have to pay a fine due to over-tourism.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Taj Mahal
- Mughal emperor Shah Jahan commissioned the construction of Taj Mahal in 1631.
- Taj Mahal was built for his loving wife Mumtaz Mahal who died while delivering their 14th child in 1631.
- Construction started in 1632 and continued for around 21 years.
- The interior walls of the palace are about 25 meters high and adorned with gemstones.
- The garden surrounding the Mahal is divided into sixteen flowerbeds.
- There is a reflecting pool at the centre of the garden, and the rest of the area is decorated with trees and fountains.
- Right outside Taj Mahal lie the towers of the rest of Shah Jahan’s wives and Mumtaz’s favourite servant.
- UNESCO inscribed Taj Mahal as “the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world’s heritage”.
- In 2018, around 6.5 million people visited the Taj Mahal.
- The grounds are open on weekdays from 6:00 to 19:00, and the mosque is open on Friday from 12:00-14:00.