10 Lines on Television: In this fast-paced world, one of the quickest and easily accessible modes of entertainment is television. There are no homes where there isn’t a television. Some families even have age-old black and white TV. No matter the kind of show, it can be watched on television. Everything starting from reality shows to movies is broadcasted on television. People can even connect their TVs to the internet to watch shows online on the big screen.
You can read more 10 Lines about essays, events, sports, festivals, technology, and many more.
Ten Lines on Television
Without a television, a house is incomplete as it brings enjoyment and relaxation amongst the worries and daily chores of our lives. Below we have provided a few sets of ten lines on Television in English, written in easy and simple words for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. These few lines are useful for essay and paragraph writing too.
- Television is a machine which broadcasts shows and programmes.
- It was invented in 1920 and became widely used around 1950.
- The word Television comes from ancient Greek ‘Tele’ meaning ‘Far’, and the Latin word ‘Visio’ meaning ‘Sight’.
- The abbreviation, TV, dates back to 1948.
- TV shows pictures from various television networks.
- The television transmits signals from the broadcasting station with the help of an antenna or satellites.
- The early televisions could not transmit colour; hence all the pictures were in grey.
- The colour television system was developed in between 1960-1980.
- Cable Television started in 1992.
- The first person to establish an all-electronic television system was Philo Farnsworth.
- In India, television was introduced in 1962 with only one channel.
- Now, more than 66% of households own a television set in India.
- More than 1.4 billion households own a TV in the world.
- The Golden Age of television was between 1950-1970, where the selling rate of TV went up by 86%.
- The first-ever colour TV set was named CT-100.
- The early televisions were bulky due to the presence of Cathode Ray tubes screen.
- Modern televisions have replaced that with lighter and more efficient LCD, OLED, and plasma displays.
- Currently, cable TVs and satellite televisions are popular.
- TVs can be used for streaming movies, music, Netflix, and YouTube.
- Televisions can also be connected to video game consoles for playing games.
- The television is the medium of entertainment and news.
- The first colour transmission TV was demonstrated by John Logie Baird.
- The television also serves as an educational platform for children.
- Over 1600 channels are broadcasted on the television, with 30% of them being educational.
- In 1998, high definition TV was introduced.
- Smart TVs with integrated internet were introduced in the late 2010’s.
- Early televisions ran on analog signals which are being quickly replaced by the digital signals which provide a higher clarity.
- Nowadays, television can also be watched on smartphones and tablets by screencasting or connecting the device to the television.
- Currently, almost all households have satellite TVs with external Set-top boxes.
- DTH or direct to home satellite televisions are being used which transmit only digital signals from a direct broadcast satellite.