10 Lines on Winter Season: The calendar period between Octobers to February is usually called the winter months. Winter reaches its peak during November and late December. Winter is when days are short, and nights are considered long. Sun rays are not very prominent during this season, and they are more or less mild and see scanty distribution here and there. Spells of cold winds blow from the northern regions downwards. It is that time of the year when woollens are out from our wardrobes to protect us from freezing. People prefer to stay indoors during the winter season and use heaters and bonfires to keep themselves warm.
Ten Lines on Winter Season
Below we have provided a few sets of ten lines on Winter Season in English, written in easy and simple words for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. These ten lines are useful for essay and paragraph writing too.
- Soon after the monsoons, the climate suddenly becomes cold everywhere, marking the onset of the winter season.
- People love to drink hot beverages and soups during winters to keep themselves warm from the harsh winds.
- During the winter season, fruits like apples, oranges, papayas and grapes are grown in abundance as the weather is suitable for their cultivation.
- Carrots, radishes, onions and turnips are readily available vegetables that flourish well during the winter season.
- Hill stations become very cold during this season, so people should refrain from visiting these places in winter.
- Marigold, roses and petunia are commonly available flower blooms during this season.
- Adventurous people prefer to go on hiking, mountaineering and trekking during this season because the weather supports these activities, but proper care should be taken.
- Along with the harsh cold, many regions of the world experience gusty hailstorms, rains, and snowfall making life miserable.
- During winters, temperatures are generally shallow, and at mountain ranges, they can go to minus degree centigrade.
- Driving cars very early in the morning can be risky as visibility remains very poor during winters.
- Children love winter as they can play many activities like skiing, snowball rolling, creating iceman, ice hockey etc.
- During winters, children are usually given winter vacation, and they can spend quality time at home by wearing warm clothing.
- Roadside eateries allow people to ward off cold by lighting small bonfires by burning small logs of wood and serving them hot coffee and tea.
- Luxurious homes have a separate provision for a fireplace in their living room, and others prefer for the budget-friendly heaters to keep their families warm from inside.
- Animals are the most affected creatures during winters as they keep wandering from place to place in search of a reliable shelter to protect from cold.
- Cultivation of crops takes a beating during winter as the early morning fog does not let all crops grow and provide great produce.
- Morning dew drops on flowers and leaves during the winter season are a visual treat to the eyes.
- This season also promises fewer appearances of lizards and mosquitoes because they hole up in their homes against the chill weather.
- It is best to include a lot of spices in our diet as they produce heat and protect our body against common ailments like cold and cough during this season.
- Winter is synonymous with the celebration of Christmas and stories on reindeer bringing Santa Claus by riding on the snow are very exciting to read.
- Between the closure of autumn season and the onset of the spring season, we have the winter season between October to February.
- In India, harsh colds and bitter weather spells can be experienced for almost 2 to 3 months continuously.
- Many important festival celebrations happen during the winter season like Christmas, Navaratri and New Year.
- At few places, farmers rejoice the harvest season of the rice crop, which suitable grows under this climatic condition.
- Ice capped mountains and snow-filled lands give eye-catching imagery, and photographers enjoy this season very much for the lovely sceneries.
- It is good to exercise well in winter mornings as the air remains fresh and clean, unlike summer mornings and people can maintain good health during this season.
- Economically poor people find it challenging to cover themselves with warm clothing; hence every year, nations report many deaths due to too chill weather.
- Winter is usually very harsh in the Polar Regions and countries falling under the temperate zones, while the tropical regions remain relatively less cold.
- Bird migration from very chill places to warm areas is a common experience during the winter season.
- We decrease water consumption during winters, causing our body to dehydrate due to lack of fluids, so we should take proper care of our health during this season.