The calendar period between October to February is usually called the winter months. Winter reaches its peak during November and late December. Winter is when days are short, and nights are considered long. Sun rays are not very prominent during this season, and they are more or less mild and see scanty distribution here and there. Spells of cold winds blow from the northern regions downwards. It is that time of the year when woollens are out from our wardrobes to protect us from freezing. People prefer to stay indoors during the winter season and use heaters and bonfires to keep themselves warm. Below we have provided ten lines on winter season for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 students, written in easy and simple words.
Ten Lines on Winter Season
- Winter season is the coldest among all four seasons. It starts from December and lasts till mid of March.
- Many important festival celebrations happen during the winter season like Christmas, Navaratri, and New Year.
- People love to drink hot beverages and soups during winters to keep themselves warm from the harsh winds.
- During the winter season, fruits like apples, oranges, papayas, and grapes are grown in abundance as the weather is suitable for their cultivation.
- Hill stations become very cold during this season, so people should refrain from visiting these places in winter.
- Adventurous people prefer hiking, mountaineering, and trekking during this season because the weather supports these activities.
- Along with the harsh cold, many regions of the world experience gusty hailstorms, rains, and snowfall making life miserable.
- During winters, temperatures are generally shallow, and at mountain ranges, they can go to minus degrees centigrade.
- It is best to include a lot of spices in our diet as they produce heat and protect our body against common ailments like cold and cough during this season.
- It is good to exercise well in winter mornings as the air remains fresh and clean, unlike summer mornings, and people can maintain good health during this season.
We hope you LIKE this article – 10 Lines on Winter Season. You can read more 10 Lines about essays, events, sports, festivals, technology, and many more.