10 Lines on Winter Vacation: The stress-buster family vacation time that helps us to unwind, relax and spend lots of time with near and dear ones is the much awaited winter vacation. The winter vacation usually extends to a fortnight starting with Christmas celebrations and terminating with the arrival of New Year. Both Christmas and New Year festive celebrations are considered very important for Christian communities. It is a time to get together with near and dear ones, go on a vacation, spend time with children, prepare delicious meals at home and send particular messages and greetings to well-wishers. The mood is usually festive, and people offer special prayers to God to prevail in goodness in the world.
Ten Lines on Winter Vacation
Below we have provided a few sets of ten lines on winter vacation in English, written in easy and simple words for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. These few lines are useful for essay and paragraph writing too.
- During the cold winter vacation, people bond with their relatives to celebrate festivals together and create unlimited memories for a lifetime.
- People love to relax and spend lots of time at home and take a break from their usual office going hectic work routine.
- The elders of the house plan family trips and vacations to places that energise and offer enjoyment to children and adults alike.
- People love to relish on cakes, sweets, candies and hot spicy soups during this time of the year, especially on festival days.
- All houses wear a welcome sign through elaborate decorations, lights of all hues, candles and attractive colours which spread messages of love, kindness, warmth and well-being amongst all people.
- Children wait to receive unique gifts from their parents and well-wishers and enjoy sharing goodies with their siblings and cousins.
- Winter vacation is also the time for a lot of shopping and people love to go out to buy bells, stars, Christmas caps and coats, decorative lights, chocolates and candies.
- People in business look forward to the winter vacation season when buyers get excited with shopping sprees, and sellers offer attractive discounts on various items.
- The extreme cold and freezing weather conditions in the northern hemisphere regions force people to stay indoors and play games and build snowmen with their children.
- Teachers encourage students to practise their hobbies during the winter break and offer them fewer assignments to let them enjoy family time.
- Winter vacations are a much-needed break from the daily routine, and they offer respite in terms of less work and more playtime with the family.
- Children look forward to visiting their grandparents and spending quality time with them listening to their stories, helping them prepare sweetmeats and decorating houses to gear up for Christmas.
- Along with fun and enjoyment, students also need to take care of their school assignments and study equally well, for lesser hours, though.
- The winter break offers a fantastic opportunity for youngsters to involve in volunteering and charitable activities and donate items like sweaters, shawls and jackets for the poor and needy.
- Winter nights with family are fun-filled and spent in front of a small fireplace in the living room or circling the heater to feel warm and cosy.
- Evenings are spent with cousins and siblings enjoying themselves in the snowfall by collecting a handful of snowflakes and clicking photographs to create beautiful memories.
- Adventure holidays to snow-capped mountains to enjoy skiing, ice-skating, snowball games or lazing around in beaches relaxing are some of the exciting activities to do.
- Community events like cultural evenings and carol singing sessions lighten up people’s minds, and they engross themselves in God’s service.
- Winter breaks are also the time when people go out to buy their favourite seasonal fruits and vegetables and prepare hot spicy soups to adjust to the weather conditions.
- Cleaning the house, organising themes, arranging to light for the home and collecting decorative candles for welcoming guests during the festive season are the usual ways of celebration during this period.
- After long months of hard work, struggle and exams, it’s finally time to take a short break for celebrating Christmas and New Year during the winter vacation break.
- In some regions of the northern hemisphere, frequent gusty winds and snowstorms prevent people from venturing out of their homes, so all they do is stay indoors and spend quality time with their families.
- The season in between Christmas and New York calls for parties, gifts, decorations, themed celebrations, festive illustrations, sales, discounts and shopping.
- People love to bring a large pine tree to their homes and adore it with elegant lighting sets, bells, ringing balls, shining objects and colourful stars.
- Mothers prepare delightful cakes, pastries, candies, chocolates and sweets for the entire family and children relish them to the fullest.
- People send greetings, wishes and invite their relatives, extended family members, cousins and friends to come together to celebrate, play games and have a lot of fun with each other.
- Offices are shut down for the freezing season, and businesses offer huge discounts and increase their sales during the festive season.
- Tourism business takes a new high as a lot of tourists visit sightseeing and scenic places and holiday destinations see bookings and accommodation shortage during this season.
- Children are encouraged to work on their creative instincts and prepare dolls, toys, snowmen, greeting cards, reindeer’s, gift packs, hampers, and share them amongst other kids in their neighbourhood.
- Snowboarding is exciting and customary outdoor activities for many families, and they take buckets, shovels and play with snowballs and tread along the snow path to enjoy the beauty of this season.