10 Lines on World Environment Day: The basis of the existence of all species is taking proper care of the environment. People can’t survive in peace without the presence of a healthy and clean surrounding. A healthy environment makes sure that the earth is not filled with diseases and toxic substances. However, in recent years, people have started abusing the environment excessively. To make people aware of the dangers of not taking proper care of the environment, the United Nations designated 5th June as World Environment Day (WED).
Ten Lines on World Environment Day
Below we have provided ten lines on World Environment Day in English, written in easy and simple words for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 school students.
- The General Assembly decided to designate 5th June as the World Environment Day on 15th December 1972.
- The celebration became worldwide from 1974.
- This day is marked to raise awareness against environmental issues, over-population, and wildlife crime.
- 143 countries participate in the celebration of World Environment Day each year.
- India hosted the World Environment Day in 2018 with the theme “Beat Plastic Pollution”.
- The efforts of UNESCO to preserve the world’s assets are recognized through this day.
- Although this day is celebrated worldwide, it is not a public holiday.
- This day highlights the growing concern for the quality of the environment.
- The primary colours of this day are green, brown, and blue.
- People celebrate this day by organizing campaigns and planting saplings to create a better environment.
- World Environment Day marked the opening of the Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment in 1972.
- World Environment Day is celebrated on a global scale.
- This day is dedicated to make people aware of the environmental conditions and take necessary measures to protect it.
- Narendra Modi planted a Kadamb sapling to commemorate this day.
- The theme for World Environment Day 2020 was Biodiversity.
- In 2020, World Environment Day was hosted by Columbia and Germany.
- The first World Environment Day was held in Spokane USA under the slogan ‘Only One Earth’.
- Organizations promoting the need for preserving nature celebrate this day.
- The celebration of this day is essential, especially for students.
- It helps in creating environmental awareness from the very beginning and hence paves the way for a better future.
- World Environment Day is celebrated to lay stress on environmental issues.
- This day makes people aware of declining ecological conditions.
- Campaigns are arranged to highlight the deteriorating scenarios and the steps one should take to prevent nature from further decline.
- India first hosted the World Environment Day in 2011.
- On this day, people in business, teachers, scholars, and activists come together to talk about the importance of conservation of the environment.
- This day also lays stress on illegal poaching of wild animals.
- The UN theme for WED 2020 is ‘Time for Nature’.
- Governments all over the world increase their precautions for preserving nature during this day.
- India was the host country for the 43rd edition of the WED in 2018.
- Since its introduction, WED has been celebrated by 25 countries around the world.