In an academic environment, plagiarism is just unacceptable and professors constantly guide and warn students to avoiding and committing it in the first place.
But, no matter what, students take help from online sources and commit plagiarism either intentionally or unintentionally.
However, a certain percentage of plagiarism might be acceptable in educational institutes and to keep that percentage checked professors take help from plagiarism checkers.
Picking the best and most authentic plagiarism checker from hundreds of options available is a difficult and concerning issue for college teachers because students’ grades depend on plagiarism.
And college professors must use the best plagiarism checker that gives the most accurate percentage of plagiarism so that fair grading can be possible.
If you are a college professor and looking for an authentic tool then below is the list of three best plagiarism checkers for you.
3 Recommended Plagiarism Checkers for Professors
These three plagiarism checkers are shortlisted after considering each and every important factor.
This is one of the best plagiarism checkers available on the internet and is totally recommended for professors as this tool is completely free and provides the most accurate percentage of plagiarism in any content.
Online Plagiarism Checker allows teachers to check plagiarism in multi-lingual academic papers which is a very great thing for teachers because academic papers are mostly multi-lingual.
Another great thing about this plagiarism checker is that it can find even paraphrased content which means professors can use this tool to check whether or not students submitted unique or paraphrased assignments.
- Crosscheck content: This plagiarism checker is created on advanced AI and ML algorithms that empower the tool to crosscheck any content against online sources and its private database, and this makes this tool ideal for college professors.
- Generate results with percentage and source: This plagiarism detector generates results in two ways, one in percentage format that shows the total percentage of plagiarism and uniqueness in the source text.
- And second by generating the matched sources from where the text is plagiarized, even if there is one plagiarized line or a sentence, the tool will underline that line or sentence and also list its matched source.
- Allow users to download plagiarism report: This plagiarism checking tool generates a complete plagiarism report and allows users to download the report straight from the tool, professors can download the report and use it as proof when questioning students for violating anti-plagiarism policy.
Next, we have check-plagiarism.com, a plagiarism checker that is free to use with 2000 words limit.
This duplication checker is recommended for professors as it works by checking sentences one by one and comparing them with billions of online sources so that there won’t be any glitches in the process.
Professors can use this plagiarism detector to check plagiarism in any language of academic papers and the results will be 100% accurate.
- No sign-in or registration: Professors can use this plagiarism detector without signing-in or any registration, the tool does not ask to provide login credentials before use which makes this tool the safest option for college professors to check academic plagiarism.
- Sentence based checking: The advanced AI algorithm of this tool performs sentence-based checking, takes sentences of the source text one by one then scans and compares those sentences one by one and at the end highlights the plagiarized and unique sentences within a few seconds.
- Multiple files support: This plagiarism detector supports almost 5 files format that includes Txt, PDF, Doc, and Docx, teachers, and professors can upload any file between these formats, this way teachers can more easily and quickly run any document to check plagiarism.
Last but not least, we have Editpad, a specially designed plagiarism detector for teachers. This tool allows teachers to check phrases and sentences from different sections of students’ papers.
Professors can copy selective sentences from students’ assignments and paste them into the search box shown on the tool to ensure whether or not the assignment is copied.
This tool works best with sentences or phrases that are more than six words because more words are likely to perform well in screening and the tool compares them more quickly with available online sources.
- Automatically edit long phrases: This plagiarism detector is not like ordinary plagiarism detectors, it has a unique feature of automatically editing phrases that contain more than 32 words because such phrases are long and take more time to scan and process.
- Allow users to search content with multiple search engines: Another great feature of this plagiarism checker is that it allows users to search content with either Google or many others.
- Display results by showing a list of webpages : This plagiarism detector display results by showing a complete list of web pages that contain phrases or sentences you inserted into the tool and also shows the percentage of plagiarism.
- And if there is no plagiarism in the phrases you entered in the search box, the tool will display search results like:
Plagiarism is something prohibited in the academic environment but students don’t take plagiarism seriously and submit plagiarized assignments and essays.
Therefore, it is the responsibility of professors to check every assignment students submit against plagiarism, so that students know the consequences of plagiarism and avoid committing it in the first place.
Checking plagiarism manually is not easy, therefore, college professors prefer using AI-powered plagiarism detectors but, getting their hands on the best plagiarism checker is a little challenging.
So, if you as a professor struggles in finding the best plagiarism checker below are the list of the top 3 plagiarism checkers recommended for professors and teachers.
Go, check them out!