Aditya Birla Scholarship 2021: The Aditya Birla Scholarship program was conceived by the Aditya Birla Group in memory of their honourable leader Late Mr. Aditya Vikram Birla. The group helped formulate the scholarship to help deserving and meritorious students achieve success in their career and to enable a future led by great leaders. In this regard, the Aditya Birla group has been partnering closely with big names like IITs, IIMs, BITS Pilani and other institutes of excellence to work closely on the scholarship program. Candidates selected for this scholarship shall be exposed to a sea of opportunities in the industry, and they also get to interact with the best of global performers. This article gives detail information about Aditya Birla Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, selection procedure, rewards and benefits.
Aditya Birla Scholarship 2021 Highlights
|Provided by||Aditya Birla Group|
|Scholarship Name||Aditya Birla Scholarship|
|Scholarship Amount||Maximum reward up to INR 1,80,000|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Aditya Birla Scholarship – Key Dates
The following are the most important dates with respect to Aditya Birla scholarships
|Last Date of Application||July 2021|
|Interview call to shortlisted candidates||August 2021|
|Interview date||September 2021|
Aditya Birla Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
A select list of institutes have been put together by the Aditya Birla Group, students studying in these places can apply for this scholarship. Take a look at the list given below:
- IIMs [Indian Institute of Management] – Centers located at Ahmedabad/ Bangalore/ Kolkata/Lucknow/Indore/ Kozhikode and Shillong.
- XLRI located at Jamshedpur
- Students pursuing B.Tech degree at IITs – Centers including Mumbai/ Delhi/ Chennai/ Kanpur/Kharagpur/Roorkee/ Guwahati
- BITS Pilani Campus
- For students pursuing law courses, they should be studying in one of these centers – NLSIU [Bangalore] / NALSAR [Hyderabad] / WB national institute of judicial services at Kolkata/ National Law University at Jodhpur and Gujarat National Law University.
Aditya Birla Scholarship – Rewards
The rewards provided to the selected list of applicants provide funds to the student to cover his academic fees/ tuition fees and hostel fee [wherever applicable]. Depending on the institute where the candidate is pursuing his course, these rewards shall vary correspondingly. He scholarship amount is listed below institute-wise:
- For candidates studying in IIMs/ XLRI – financial grant of INR 1,75,000 per annum
- For candidates studying in IITs/ BITS Pilani – financial grant of INR 1,00,000 per annum
- For candidates studying in one of the above mentioned Law institutes – financial grant of INR 1,80,000 per annum
Aditya Birla Scholarship – Application Process
All candidates who were in the top slot of ranking obtained during admission to their respective course at these premier institutes shall apply. The top 20 rank holders in the admission list shall get an invite from the Aditya Birla group to apply for this scholarship. The detailed process is explained step wise here:
- Visit the official website of Aditya Birla Scholarships – www.adityabirlascholars.net
- Go to the scholarship zone
- Carefully read through all the information pertaining to this scholarship.
- Download the application form from the relevant tab.
- Fill up details correctly.
- Attach hard copies of supportive documents.
- Submit the hard copy of the application form together with the documents to the Dean of your educational institution.
Documents Required for Aditya Birla Scholarship
These are the list of documents to be produced along with the completed application form to the Dean of the educational institute:
- Mark sheets and certificates of the last examination qualified.
- The first page of bank passbook
- Aadhaar card of the student.
All documents need to be presented as photocopies and don’t forget to get them attested.
Aditya Birla Scholarship – Selection Process
The Aditya Birla group involves a unique scholarship selection committee so that the right funds reach out to the appropriate beneficiary.
- The first process is an extensive first-hand screening of the received applications.
- Both academic and co-curricular performance of students shall be taken into account for the first round of screening.
- Candidates need to write an essay as specified by the group. This acts as the second merit for considering applicants for the next and final round.
- All candidates selected in the second list shall be called in for an interview process.
Total of 16 students forms engineering and management streams plus 8 from Law background shall be chosen.
Aditya Birla Scholarship 2021 – FAQs
1. Where are the interviews conducted for shortlisted candidates?
Answer: All interviews shall be held at Mumbai only.
2. Are the travel expenses for attending interview refundable to the candidate?
Answer: Yes, travel and accommodation charges plus token allowances are provided to students who are shortlisted for interview.
3. What metrics decide the renewal of scholarships?
Answer: The group shall continuously monitor candidates, and it includes both qualitative and quantitative factors.
4. Are there any selection criteria for renewal of scholarship?
Answer: Yes, candidates need to write a long and detailed essay of 250 words on “Being an Aditya Birla Scholar – Experience Sharing”.
5. How is the scholarship amount disbursed to selected candidates?
Answer: A cheque containing the scholarship amount shall be given to the Dean of the institution, where a candidate is studying.
Address: Aditya Birla Center, ‘C’ Wing, First Floor, S K Ahire Marg, Worli, Mumbai – 30.
Helpline Number: 91-22-66525000