AMU 2021: The full form of AMU is Aligarh Muslim University. The entrance exam for AMU is expected to be conducted around April/May 2021. AMU has been a pioneer for several years since 1920 in delivering quality education for the masses. AMU entrance test offers admission in to several UG/PG/ diploma and doctoral programs. It serves both Indian as well as foreign country students. AMU entrance test is a university-level exam that offers admission into engineering, technology, science, arts, commerce, agriculture and many other courses. This article provides complete information about AMU 2021 entrance test that includes exam dates, application form process, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility conditions etc.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
AMU 2021 Exam Dates
The tentative dates for AMU entrance test events are listed below:
For B. Tech Programs
|Deadline to submit application form||3rd week of March 2021|
|Admit card release date||4th week of April 2021|
|AMU entrance test 2021||2nd week of May 2021|
|Answer key availability||3rd week of May 2021|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2021|
|Commencement of counselling session||last week of June 2021|
For Other Courses
|Course Name||Application Last Date||Exam Date|
|B. Com (Hons.)||2nd week of March 2021||2nd week of April 2021|
|BA (Hons.)||2nd week of March 2021||2nd week of April 2021|
|B.Sc (Hons.)||2nd week of March 2021||2nd week of April 2021|
|MBA/ MBA (IB)/ PG||3rd week of March 2021||Last week of May 2021|
|M.Sc. in biotechnology||3rd week of March 2021||Last week of May 2021|
|B.Arch.||3rd week of March 2021||2nd week of May 2021|
|B.Ed.||3rd week of March 2021||Last week of May 2021|
|BA (Hons.) foreign language||3rd week of March 2021||3rd week of April 2021|
|BA (LLB)||3rd week of March 2021||2nd week of April 2021|
|SSSC & diploma in engineering||2nd week of March 2021||3rd week of April 2021|
|MFM / MTTM||3rd week of March 2021||Last week of May 2021|
|Diploma courses through CET||2nd week of March 2021||Last week of April 2021|
|MCA||3rd week of March 2021||1st week of June 2021|
|MA (Mass Communication)||3rd week of March 2021||1st week of June 2021|
|MSW||3rd week of March 2021||1st week of June 2021|
AMU 2021 Application Form
The application process for AMU 2021 is explained below:
- AMU 2021 application form shall be made available in the online mode.
- For each course that the applicant intends to apply, a separate application needs to be furnished. For all courses that will have a combined entrance test, a single application form is sufficient.
- Candidates must first finish the registration formalities before proceeding to the application form. Registered login details shall be communicated to the candidate’s e-mail ID and phone number.
- A single applicant sending multiple form submissions shall lead to rejection.
- For B. Tech programs, deadline to send applications is till the last week of March 2021.
- No application correction facility after form submission. Candidates need to be careful while filling up details.
- These issues in the submitted forms could lead to rejection – incomplete forms, wrong details entered, a fee not paid, submitting form after the due date is crossed.
- Candidates must save a hard copy of the submitted form and fee receipt for future references.
- Online fee payment is possible through net banking/ UPI/ credit cards or debit cards.
- Offline fee payment can be made by:
- Obtaining fee challan from Canara Bank/ ICICI bank or
- Through Demand draft in favour of “finance officer” payable at Aligarh only.
Course wise application fees are tabulated below:
|B. Com / B.Sc/ BA(Hons.)||INR 400|
|B. Tech/ BA LLB/ MBA/ MBA (IB)||INR 650|
|MBBS/ BDS||INR 500|
AMU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The various eligibility conditions for UG and PG courses are listed below:
- For B. Com (Hons.) course – Candidate should have passed class 12th in commerce subject or equivalent from a recognised university of India. He should have attained a minimum 55% as qualifying marks. He should have passed these qualifying subjects – Compulsory Accounts and English with any two subjects among these – business studies, economics, commerce, business organisation, banking, mathematics, statistics, entrepreneurship.
- For B. Tech – Candidate should have passed class 12th/ diploma in engineering/ equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks from a recognised university of India. Candidate should have compulsorily studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English subjects.
- For BA (Hons.) – Candidate should have passed class 12th or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognised university of India. He should have studied compulsory English along with any of these three subjects – accountancy/ Arabic/ banking/ biology/ biotechnology/ chemistry/ business organisation/ business studies/ commerce/ computer science/ home science/ economics/ education/ English/ fine arts/ physical education/ geography/ Hindi/ history/ Islamic studies/ maths/ philosophy/ physics/ political science/ civics/ Persian/ psychology/ Sanskrit/ sociology/ statistics/ Urdu/ modern Indian languages.
- For MBA in Financial Management – Candidate should have passed a bachelor’s degree from a recognised board or university with minimum 50% marks.
- For M. Com – Candidate should have passed B. Com (Hons.) from a recognised board university with a minimum of 55% marks.
AMU 2021 Exam Pattern
The following section describes the AMU exam pattern followed for the year 2021:
- The exam shall be held in offline mode, with different dates for various courses.
- The number of sections in the exam paper shall vary depending on the course applied for.
- B. Tech paper shall have three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- MBA paper shall have four sections – Data interpretation and numerical ability, environmental awareness, intelligence and reasoning skills, comprehension and verbal ability.
- Exam paper will have only MCQs. 150 MCQs for B. Tech and 100 MCQs for MBA papers.
- Exam duration is of three hours.
- For every right answer, 1 mark shall be awarded. 0.25 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
The distribution of questions and marks is tabulated below:
|Course Name||Time Duration||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Marking Pattern|
|B. Tech / B.Arch.||3 hours||150||150||1 mark for correct answer, 0.25 marks deduction for wrong answer|
|B. Com (Hons.)||2 hours||100||100||1 mark for correct answer, 0.25 marks deduction for wrong answer|
|BA (Hons)||2 hours||100||100||1 mark for correct answer, 0.25 marks deduction for wrong answer|
|MBA||3 hours||200||200||1 mark for correct answer, 0.25 marks deduction for wrong answer|
AMU 2021 Syllabus
The brief syllabus for various courses is listed below:
- For B. Tech programs – AMU entrance test 2021 will have topics from physics, chemistry and maths from class 11 and 12.
- For BA (Hons.) – Important topics are Indo-Islamic culture, Aligarh movement, General English, reasoning, intelligence, general awareness, current affairs.
- For MBA – Entrance test syllabus includes topics from environmental awareness, quantitative aptitude, numerical ability, comprehension, verbal ability, reasoning, intelligence, data analysis and interpretation.
AMU 2021 Preparation Tips
The following preparation tips prove especially useful for candidates preparing for AMU entrance test 2021:
- Candidates must be well versed with the complete exam pattern, syllabus and marking scheme of the exam.
- Candidates must refer good and recommended books for preparation.
- Online mock tests, last year’s papers and sample papers prove extremely useful for preparation.
- Prepare a good study timetable and follow the daily routine.
- Make adequate time for revision with previously prepared revision notes.
- Make detailed notes for studies and crisp points exclusively for revision.
- Solve problems, numerical and examples to practise well for the exam.
AMU 2021 Admit Card
AMU 2021 admit card shall be available in the online format a few days before the exam. Candidates who have successfully registered themselves shall receive the admit card. Candidates can download admit card by logging into the website with correct credentials. AMU Admit card shall contain vital candidate and exam related information along with important instructions for the exam. Candidates must paste their passport sized photograph on the hard copy of the card. The admit card, along with a valid photo ID card needs to be presented to the invigilator during the examination.
AMU 2021 Answer Key
In various sets, the answer keys shall be made available for all the papers in an online format. Candidates can estimate the approximate marks they may have secured in the exam through the answer keys. Candidates can present objections and challenge answers presented in the answer keys through valid supportive reasons.
AMU 2021 Cut off
Candidates who can successfully score cut off marks in the exam are eligible to move further ahead towards the admission process. Cut off marks are published according to different courses and categories in separate lists. Cut off marks depend on various factors like the toughness of the exam paper, a number of candidates appearing for the exam and previous year cut off marks. Such candidates scoring qualifying marks shall be shortlisted for the counselling process to allot admission seats.
AMU 2021 Result
Around the second week of June 2021, candidates can expect AMU entrance exam results for the year 2021. Results will be available in the online mode and can be retrieved by entering login details. Candidates shortlisted in the merit list can seek further admission process. Results are likely to be published in this format – the name of a candidate, marks scored, rank obtained, the overall aggregate score, section-wise marks scored in the exam, etc.
AMU 2021 Counselling
Soon after the result announcement, counselling and interview sessions shall take place. Counselling time slots and schedules shall be published online on the website. The university notice boards shall also display the counselling and interview schedules for student’s information purpose. Candidates shortlisted for the counselling procedure shall make personal arrangements to attend the session and select a seat and fulfil admission process. During the document verification round, candidates are needed to produce certificates and mark sheets to the authorities without fail.