Every corporate giant houses a CSR initiative within its working limits to help society and encourage the healthy habit of giving back to the society from what we own. Employees are encouraged to participate in CSR initiatives so that they develop a healthy spirit of social responsibility towards people and society that we all are part of.
The Infinity Group, chaired by Shri. Ravindra Chamaria chose to take the CSR efforts a step ahead by offering the Anant merit scholarship. The one-stop motto of this company towards the scholarship includes providing benefits to students without discriminating on the grounds of religion/ sex/ caste or other parameters.
Thousands of students are benefited from these scholarships all over India, and they have been striving to reach out to more candidates year after year. A unique feature of this organization is the kind offer they are extending towards Akshaya Patra subscribed schools.
Special scholarships are awarded to these schools to encourage higher education among these students. The scholarship also provides a host of other facilities like skill development training, workshops, career counselling activities etc. as part of their educational initiatives.
The article we are discussing below deals with Anant merit scholarships in detail. We discuss various parameters of the scholarship with respect to the eligibility criteria, application process [both online and offline], important documents required, selection process followed renewal scheme and important information. We also provide a list of FAQs that students may need to know apart from the important contact details.
Anant Merit Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||The Infinity Group|
|Scholarship Name||Anant Merit Scholarship|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline (Both required)|
|Eligible Standards||Only students domiciled in West Bengal may apply.|
Anant Merit Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Let us understand the necessary eligibility conditions laid down by the organization for candidates to fulfill. Candidates who have completed their class 10th/ 12th exams are eligible to apply. The exact conditions are specified below:
- Candidates should have scored minimum 70% marks in their 10th or 12th exams, whichever is applicable.
- The annual income of the candidate’s family should not exceed INR 5000 per month.
- Candidates should be studying in West Bengal domiciled schools only.
Anant Merit Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
The application process for the Anant merit scholarship is quite different from other schemes. There are two parts of application processing that a candidate needs to follow. Both offline and online formalities are to be followed for every application. Let us understand the online part first:
Online Application Process
All candidates are required to read through the instructions below they start filling in the application form. The application form contains a plethora of details like personal details, contact number, educational details and income details.
All fields that carry an * are compulsory, and the form shall not be processed further if these fields are left blank. In case the candidate gives false information at the time of application, then such applications shall be disqualified at the time of candidate verification process.
After entering all details, candidates need to attach certain documents and recent passport size photo of the candidate. All these attachments should be in the correct format specified. Lastly, the filled in application form that was downloaded also needs to be attached. After checking all the details and marking them as correct, the form can be submitted.
Offline Application Process
Candidates need to download the application form from the official website www.ananteductaion.org and fill up the details. Later, the filled-in form needs to be attached to the online application form. Follow this link to download a soft copy of application form – https://bit.ly/2yZvfGn.
Required Documents for Anant Scholarship
The organization shall not accept any application form sent without attaching the requisite documents. Supportive documents are essential to establish the credibility of the candidate to further process each candidature. Candidates should note that copies of all documents need to be attested by the head of the institution or by a gazette officer before attaching them with the online application form. List of all essential documents are listed below:
- Copy of Income certificate
- Copy of caste certificate
- BPL card copy OR Antyodaya card
- Ration card copy
- Address proof
- Proof to validate Date of birth of candidate – Class 10th marks cards/ birth certificate
- Disability certificate [ wherever applicable]
- Aadhaar card copy
Candidates need to note that they have to produce original hard copies of all documents in person if they are later called in for a personal interview process. Apart from basic documents cited above, bank-related documents also need to be produced. The list of such documents is:
- Parents proof of address – Electricity bill/ Voter ID Card/ Aadhaar Card [ Both original and self-attested copies need to be produced ]
- Parents PAN Card / Voter ID card/ Aadhaar card [Both original and self-attested copies need to be produced ]
- Candidates’ 10th class or 12th class admit card/ mark sheets or birth certificates [Both original and self-attested copies need to be produced ]
Anant Merit Scholarship Selection Process
The Anant merit scholarship scheme follows a simple procedure to sort out applications and select the best deserving candidates for the scholarship. The process followed is explained below step-wise:
- Candidates need to submit online applications within the stipulated deadline.
- The organization sorts out applications based on different parameters. Those applications matching the criteria will be given higher preference.
- The filtered list of candidates shall receive a telephonic call from the Anant call center. Candidates shall be given details and directions for appearing to the interview.
- Interviews shall be conducted for students in the given timeline.
- Post interviews, the final list of selected candidates shall be displayed and notified. Such candidates shall adhere to all bank related formalities and complete them in time.
- Further, the organization shall open individual bank accounts for all the selected students.
- The scholarship amount is directly credited to the newly opened individual bank account.
Anant Scholarship Renewal Process
Candidates should stick to renewal criteria for the continuation of scholarship without any breaks. The list of criteria is explained below:
- The minimum score in 10th and 12th standard to be 70%. Any candidate who scores below 65% shall not receive any further grants from the organization.
- In the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year exams, candidates are required to score minimum 60% [ all of them taken into consideration]
- Mark sheets of both 10th and 12th standard.
- In case a candidate faces any trouble on medical grounds, then such candidates can take exceptions and report the same to the organization at the earliest.
- All candidates who are not offered specific marks/ percentages and instead awarded grades should bring the same to the organization’s notice. Grades can then be converted to marks.
- All candidates desirous to attempt national level competitive exams for entry into professional courses for further studies shall also report the same to the organization without fail.
- In case a candidate changes his branch of study/ college/ stream etc. all such candidates should provide attendance proof attested by head of the educational institution.
- For all scholars who are availing grant from other scholarship schemes, the following documents need to be submitted: name of scholarship provider, duration of the scholarship and respective amount granted.
- For the following changes, documents to be produced are:
- Document in case candidate changes his stream of education
- Document in case candidate changes his educational institution
- Bonafide letter in case candidate is unable to attend the current year exam.
- Bonafide letter in case candidate fails his exam in the current year.
- For girl scholars, who on account of getting married during the time of scholarship grant, shall submit the following documents without fail: marriage certificate, address proof of spouse/ new residential address, income proof of her husband.
Important Information about Anant Scholarship
Candidates need to read the following important information regarding Anant scholarships carefully. Applicants who miss out on reading important guidelines may skip crucial information. List of guidelines:
- The first and most important thing about this scholarship is the correct entry of data in the application form. After form submission, no changes are allowed to be made. Incorrect or wrong entries shall not be entertained.
- Maintaining a strict timeline is essential. All applications submitted after the deadline shall not be accepted. Any requests to extend the deadline shall also not be granted.
- Applications that are not complete with respect to mandatory fields are unacceptable.
- Candidates must strictly adhere to eligibility criteria norms.
- Half of the scholarships are exclusively reserved for female candidates
- Physically disabled candidates are welcome to apply for this scholarship.
- Only students domiciled in West Bengal may apply. Other state candidates are not entertained.
- The Anant Education Initiative is the final deciding body with respect to the selection of candidates and all scholarship related matters.
- Personal interviews for candidates selected in the first round of application screening will be held only at Kolkata.
- All changes and queries shall be addressed to the Anant educational initiative staff.
- Any significant changes in the provided details shall be brought to the notice of officials.
- The paper format for all photocopies should be A4 sized only.
- Candidates should provide the appropriate and working e-mail ids only.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I do not have the original document [hard copy] at the time of application submission, is it acceptable?
Original documents are needed for submission at the time of person interview if your application is selected.
- I forgot to send my mark sheets to the Anant officials for the purpose of renewal in the given deadline. Can I still receive a scholarship amount?
No. Non-receipt of mark sheets in the stipulated timeline will lead to cancellation of scholarship.
- My father joined a new workplace. Should I update the details to Anant officials too?
Yes, any change in the financial condition of the candidate should be immediately notified to Anant officials.
- I received a call from the call centre, which I presumed to be from Anant Educational initiative. I was asked to disclose my bank details. Shall I go ahead?
Any missed call from Anant representatives should be reverted back at the earliest by the candidate. Also, beware of fake and fraudulent calls. No Anant official shall ever ask any candidate for his bank account details / ATM PIN numbers or other related details. Kindly don’t disclose the same.
- If I provided false information that doesn’t sound too significant in my view, should I let it go or bring it to Anant officials?
Even the slightest of wrong information provided shall lead to discontinuation of scholarship without any further notice.
For all your queries and doubts, please feel free to reach Anant officials at the below given details:
Address: Anant Education initiative Infinity Think Tank, Tower 2, 3rd floor, Plot A3, Block GP, Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
Contact number: +91 33 40050410
E-mail address: email@example.com