Andhra Pradesh residents living in cities and towns of the state, who are living below the poverty line or just above the poverty line can apply for a ration card from the government. These residents can purchase necessary food items and other essential commodities at subsidised prices by procuring a ration card. The rate of subsidy is fixed by the government. The ration card is recognised as a valid government issued document and can be utilised for address proofs.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Andhra Pradesh Ration Card List 2022
These steps help visitors to view the ration card details easily:
- Go to the official website pertaining to the food department of the Andhra Pradesh government.
- Traverse through the home page and select the district from the drop-down menu. Next, choose the appropriate Mandal details.
- Visitors must be able to find an option to export the required list into Microsoft Excel. The Andhra Pradesh Ration Card
- List can be viewed easily, and details are obtained once the export is carried out correctly.
Andhra Pradesh Ration Card Eligibility
People whose monthly income falls below the range of INR 10,000 per month in rural areas and INR 12,000 per month in urban areas meet the eligibility requirements to apply for a ration card.
How to Apply for Andhra Pradesh Ration Card
Citizens can apply for Andhra Pradesh Ration Card in both online and offline modes. Let’s see each one in greater detail below:
Follow these steps to apply for Andhra Pradesh Ration Card online
- To apply for Andhra Pradesh Ration Card, visit the MeeSeva website portal.
- Click on the MeeSeva Online portal after the website is opened.
- Here, click on ‘Nre Registration’. Soon after, an application form shall be displayed on the computer screen.
- Fill in all the details correctly in the form. Do not leave any field blank. Apart from form filling, the procedure also requires users to create a login ID and password.
- Check all the entered details and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The same login ID and password details can be used to log in to the MeeSeva portal.
- Now, apply for a ration card by filling in details into the relevant application form. After the form filling task, upload all required documents. Ensure all the fields are correctly filled, and all forms are suitably arranged and uploaded.
- After the form filling and document uploading task, review everything once and click on the ‘Submit’ button. The form will be successfully submitted.
- After successful form submission, you will receive a reference number. This number can be used to track the status of the ration card anytime on the portal.
The following steps should be followed to apply for Andhra Pradesh Ration Card in the offline mode
- Download the ration card application form by visiting the online MeeSeva portal website. Take a hard copy printout of the application form and then fill it in by hand correctly.
- Go personally to the nearest ration shop in your locality. Hand over the form to the concerned person by attaching it with the relevant documents.
- Alternatively, the application form can be obtained from the nearest ration shop itself. The form can be filled out, attached documents, and submitted to the designated person.
- Hereafter, you will be provided with a reference number. Using this number, the status of the applied ration card can be checked in the online mode.
Documents Required for Andhra Pradesh Ration Card
To apply for Andhra Pradesh Ration Card, eligible citizens need to produce the following list of documents:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Income Proof
- Latest Photographs
- MeeSeva Application Form duly filled with correct information and signed. The form can be successfully downloaded from the MeeSeva website portal.
How to Check Andhra Pradesh Ration Card Status 2022
Here are the steps to be followed to check the status of the Andhra Pradesh Ration Card in the online mode:
- Visit the official website.
- Traverse through the homepage and click on the ‘Check Status’ tab.
- Enter your Ration Card number or Aadhaar Number correctly in the requisite field.
- The ration card status shall be displayed on the computer screen.
How to Download Andhra Pradesh Ration Card
Here are the steps to be followed to download Andhra Pradesh Ration Card in the online mode:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Consumer Affairs Food and Civil Supplies, Andhra Pradesh Public Distribution System portal.
- Traverse on the page and locate the “Print Ration Card” option.
- Click on the option. In the relevant box, enter the correct ration card number. Check the number once again and click on the ‘Print’ option.
- The ration card shall be downloaded into the system; you can save it in PDF format. A hard copy printout can be taken and saved for future uses.
How to Change Name in Andhra Pradesh Ration Card
There are certain procedures to follow to change the name in the Andhra Pradesh Ration Card. Take a look:
- Go to the MeeSeva portal or Andhra Pradesh state official website online and download the ‘Ration Card Data Correction Application’ Form.
- Take a hard copy printout of the application form.
- Enter the Ration cardholder name correctly. If there are any corrections to be made in the name, if the name was misspelt previously, then make all necessary changes.
- Once the form is filled out correctly, visit the nearest ration shop. Alternatively, you can visit the nearest Seva Kendra with the necessary documents and the ration card. Submission of the form can be made here.
- All documents will be reviewed. The ration card containing all the changes made shall be updated and sent through post to the residential address contained in the Ration Card.
How to Change Address in Andhra Pradesh Ration Card
Follow these simple procedures to change the address on Andhra Pradesh Ration Card:
- Visit the MeeSeva portal or official website of the Andhra Pradesh State Government and download the ‘ration card data correction application form’. Take a hard copy printout of the same.
- Enter the new address to be updated in the ration card.
- After form filling, visit the nearby ration shop or Seva Kendra in your locality. Submit your application form with the necessary documentation, including a ration card and address proof that reflects the new address. Submit all these particulars.
- After submission, the concerned personnel shall review your application along with the documents, and if all of them are correctly placed in order, then the ration card with the updated address shall be posted to the communication address mentioned in the document.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. While applying for Andhra Pradesh Ration Card, is there any application fee involved?
No, there is no fee payable while applying for the Andhra Pradesh Ration Card.
2. To apply for the AP rice card, what are specific eligibility criteria to be fulfilled?
The list below details the specific eligibility criteria to be fulfilled to get the AP rice card:
- Electricity consumption monthly should be lesser than 300 units.
- The applicant and his family members should not be in possession of a 4 wheeler.
- Applicant and/or his family members should not be assessed by income tax.
- Only applicants and their families in urban areas which own properties less than 750 Square Foot/ absolutely no property in their name are strictly eligible.
- Landholding details should total less than 3 acres of wetland/ 10 acres of dry land/ 10 acres of both wet and dry land.
- The candidate should be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh.
3. Can my Aadhaar card be linked to my ration card?
Yes, the Aadhaar card can be linked to the ration card.
4. In what duration do we receive the Andhra Pradesh Ration Card once we apply for it?
Within 15 days of applying for the Andhra Pradesh Ration Card, the candidate should be able to receive it.
5. Can married couples apply and obtain Andhra Pradesh Ration Card?
Yes, married couples can apply and obtain the Andhra Pradesh Ration Card, provided one spouse is a domicile of Andhra Pradesh state.
Ration Card Related Articles