AP ICET 2021 Syllabus will comprise the full syllabus for PG courses MBA & MCA programmes. AP ICET stands for Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level entrance test conducted every year. Through this entrance, examination candidates will get seats in the universities and institutions in the Andhra Pradesh state. AP ICET is conducted by the Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati on behalf of APSCHE, Hyderabad. The students will get admissions into professional degree courses in MBA & MCA. Students can go through this article to know more about the AP ICET syllabus 2021.
AP ICET 2021 Syllabus
AP ICET 2021 syllabus will consist of various subjects like Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability. Students can check the given article to know about the subjects and questions asked in the exam.
Analytical ability part will contain questions asked from Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving etc.
- In this particular section, data and question will be provided. The data will be in the form of two statements or lines named (i) and (ii).
- Students have to analyse the two given statements and choose the appropriate statements.
- Candidates can either choose one of them or both of them. Or if both comments are insufficient to draw a conclusion, they can select option 4, which means additional data is required.
- Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a: b: c: d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- Data Analysis: The data are given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn diagram or a Passage is to be analysed, and the questions are to be interpreted with the help of the data and should be answered.
- Coding and Decoding Problems: A code pattern of the English alphabet will be provided. A given the word or a group of letters are coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
- Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
- In arithmetical ability, the topics include Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, LCM and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering; Percentages; Profit and loss.
- Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
Algebraical and Geometrical Ability
- Includes Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets
- Relations and functions, Equation of a line in different forms, Polynomials
- Remainder theorem and consequences, Linear equations and expressions
- Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative
- Plane geometry-lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles
- Coordinate geometry-distance between points, Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios
- Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances.
- The statistical ability includes topics on Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, and simple problems on Probability.
In the communication ability section, the candidate’s ability will be assessed. The topics on which they will be evaluated includes:
- Identify the vocabulary used in regular everyday communication.
- Understand the practical use of grammar in day-to-day communication and business contexts.
- Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- Understand written text and drawing inferences. There are four parts or sections which are as given below.
- Part 1: Vocabulary
- Part 2: Business and Computer terminology
- Part 3: Functional Grammar
- Part 4: Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)