AP PGECET 2021: AP PGECET is for students of M.E./M.Tech, M.Pharma and Pharm.D courses. It is organized by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on the favour of APCHE. Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Engineering Entrance Test (AP PGECET) offers state level examination conducted annually. Candidates securing scores in GATE & GPAT are also eligible for applying. This article gives detail information about AP PGECET 2021 that includes exam dates, eligibility criteria, application form process, exam pattern, syllabus and more.
AP PGECET 2021 Exam Dates
- 1 AP PGECET 2021 Exam Dates
- 2 AP PGECET 2021 Application Form
- 3 AP PGECET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 AP PGECET 2021 Exam Pattern
- 5 AP PGECET 2021 Syllabus
- 6 Preparation Tips
- 7 AP PGECET 2021 Admit Card
- 8 AP PGECET 2021 Answer Key
- 9 AP PGECET 2021 Result
- 10 AP PGECET 2021 Cut off
- 11 AP PGECET 2021 Counselling
|Commences of application form||1st week of March 2021|
|Deadline for application||1st week of April 2021|
|Correction option||2nd week of April 2021|
|Deadline for application with late fee||2nd week of April 2021|
|Release of admit card||Last week of April 2021|
|AP PGECET 2021 Exam Date||1st week of May 2021|
|Answer key declaration||1st week of May 2021|
|Release of result||2nd week of May 2021|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of August 2021|
AP PGECET 2021 Application Form
Students are advised to read the details about AP PGECET Application Form:
- AP PGECET Application Form will be ready to access via online.
- The application form commences from the first week of March 2021.
- The deadline for registration will be till the first week of April 2021 without late fee and till the second week of April 2021 with a late fee.
- Candidates must fill the necessary details such as email ID, phone number, qualification, age, etc. while completing the application form.
- Passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format JPG and JPEG should be uploaded by the candidates.
- All candidates must bring the Aadhaar card. The authorities will allow correction in the application form in the second week of April 2021.
- Candidates must take a hard copy of the submitted application form for future references.
- The application fee is made available online.
- The mode of payment is a debit card/ credit card or net banking.
Below are the fee structure for all categories:
|For OC/ BC candidates||Rs. 1000|
|For SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 500|
AP PGECET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for AP PGECET 2021, all candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria.
- Nationality: Indian citizen candidates are eligible.
- Domicile Certificate: Must have a valid domicile certificate of Andhra Pradesh state.
- Qualification: Must qualify B.Tech, B.Pharma degree or its equivalent from any recognized university or broad.
Criteria for marks: Must score a minimum of 50% for general category candidates (45%marks for reserved category)
- Fitness Certificate: Candidates must have a valid fitness certificate.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in their final year will also be eligible.
- Scorecard: Candidates those have GPAT and GATE scorecard are also eligible to apply.
AP PGECET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to read the instruction regarding AP PGECET Exam Pattern:
- Total Questions: A total of 120 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Questions Type: The questions will be in the Multiple Choice Questions format (MCQ)
- Time: Exam will be conducted for 2 hours.
- Language: Language of the examination will be in English.
- Examination Mode: The examination will be conducted online.
- Marking scheme: Candidates will be awarded one mark per correct answers.
- Negative Marking: There will be no deduction of marks for wrong answers.
AP PGECET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to go through topics of AP PGECET syllabus from below:
- Structural Engineering: Concrete structure, steel structure, mechanics, structural analysis etc.
- Water Resources and Transportation Engineering: Hydrology, Irrigation, noise pollution, air pollution, traffic engineering, water requirement etc.
- Engineering Mathematics: Differential equation, complex variable, numerical method, calculus, linier algebra etc.
- Chemical Engineering: Heat transfer, fluid mechanics, mass transfer, process calculations and thermodynamics, chemical reaction engineering, plant design and economics, chemical technology
- Engineering Mathematics: Probability and statistics, complex variables, numerical methods, linear algebra, calculus, differential equations.
- Electrical Engineering: Signal and system, electric mechanics, electric circuits and fields, power system, control system, analog and digital electronics, electrical and electronics measurement, power electronics and drives
- Engineering Mathematics: Complex variables, numerical methods, probability and statistics, linear algebra, calculus etc.
Given below are few tips for the candidates to prepare better for AP PGECET.
- Schedule a time table and follow it
- Work out previous question papers & sample papers
- Grasps the basic concept, make notes& revise them regularly
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Get rest at least for 8 hours.
AP PGECET 2021 Admit Card
The AP PGECET 2021 admit card for will be available online. Admit card is a must for candidates to attend the examination. Admit card is an important document containing candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre, timing, and all critical instruction. Candidates must check whether all information on the admit card is correct or not.
AP PGECET 2021 Answer Key
AP PGECET 2021 Answer key will be released by the authority once the examination is over. It will be published online. Candidates can assess their marks with the help of the answer key and check their answers. The answers to the entire question will be present in the answer key. Candidates are also allowed to raise objections if any against the answer key. Once the authorities have accepted and corrected all objections final answer key will be published.
AP PGECET 2021 Result
The authority will release the AP PGECET results once the examination is over. It will be released online in the second week of May 2021. It will have information such as the candidate’s name in each subject, total marks scored, percentage obtained etc. Candidate can check their scores by logging in their credentials using application number and password. Rank card will be published soon as the results are out. Candidates must download a printout of the result card.
AP PGECET 2021 Cut off
Cut off are the minimum mark students have to get in order to qualify for the examination. AP PGECET Cut-off will be published online. Qualified candidates must score the minimum marks to secure admission. Based on the cut off marks, candidates will be allowed to attend counselling. It will vary for different courses. However, there will be a lack of cut off mark for the reserved category students.
AP PGECET 2021 Counselling
AP PGECET counselling procedure will be conducted by authority once the results are declared and with verification of necessary documents. It will be held in the second week of August 2021. All qualified students must take part in the counselling procedures, and they should submit all the original documents at the time of counselling. In case qualified candidate couldn’t attend the counselling process, their seat will be allocated to the next candidate on the list. The necessary documents to be submitted at the time of counselling by candidates are:
- Admit card of PGECET/ GPAT/ GATE
- Mark sheets of qualifying exams
- Category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- AP PGECET 2021 rank card
- Transfer certificate