AP Polycet 2021 Exam Pattern furnishes all the essential details related to the entrance exam such as question weightage, type of questions, subjects etc. Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test called AP Polycet is a state-level entrance examination administered by the State Board of Technical Education & Training – Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Applying candidates is assessed through this exam. The qualifying ones shall be granted admission in several polytechnic courses at various government, aided, private, un-aided & other polytechnic colleges situated at Andhra Pradesh. All the relevant information regarding the AP Polycet Exam Pattern 2021 is disclosed in this article.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
AP Polycet 2021 Exam Pattern
The necessary details related to the AP Polycet Exam Pattern for the academic year 2021 is enlisted in the below section for candidates’ perusal:
- The exam is planned to be scheduled in the last week of April 2021.
- AP Polycet exam shall be supervised via offline, i.e. pen and paper-based mode.
- The total exam duration to solve the paper is 2 hours, i.e. 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Questions are framed from several topics under Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- The questions shall be mostly covered 10th standard syllabus.
- Candidates must use only 2B pencils to mark the answers and ballpoint pen is not allowed for answer marking.
- If candidates wish to unmarked the answer and change the option, then the already marked answer must be erased completely, and the correct answer must be marked.
- The questions are of Objective type. Each of the questions shall have four optional answers out of which the candidates have to mark the one right answer.
The complete exam pattern is tabulated below:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
AP Polycet Marking Scheme
The entire marking scheme of the AP Polycet 2021 exam is disclosed in the below section:
- The question paper is set for a total of 120 marks. The Physics & chemistry sections contain 30, 30 questions respectively, and Mathematics section contains 60 questions.
- One mark is assigned for every question.
- Negative mark is not applied for the wrong answer. Hence candidates have the liberty to attend all the answers without any hesitation.
AP Polycet 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of AP Polycet 2021 exam shall be released by the main official authority along with the information bulletin. The syllabus of the exam is fabricated with topics from the following subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. The AP Polycet 2021 Syllabus is similar to the 10th-grade curriculum of the academic year 2021 designated by the Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh.
With the help of exam syllabus published on the website, candidates can build their preparation schedule to aim and score high marks in the entrance exam. Give equal importance to all the topics listed in the syllabus, prescribed by the exam authority. In the below section, some topics under the subjects as mentioned earlier are listed:
- Chemistry: Topics include Acids and bases, solution, polymers, corrosion, water technology, environmental chemistry and atomic structure.
- Mathematics: Topics include Algebra, sets, statics, polynomial, progressions, real number, number system, quadratic equation, trigonometry, probability, coordination geometry, mathematical modelling, surface areas and volume.
- Physics: Topics include Elements of vector, the reflection of light, modern physics, work power and energy, simple harmonic motion and acoustics, kinematics and friction.