It is a pleasure to reveal that job seekers for government jobs can now make their dream come true. The Assam Public Service Commission is an authorised body also referred to as APSC conducts the recruitment for various vacancies in the state through various selection processes every year.
If you are looking ahead to get appointed in the state of Assam and its associated parts, then this article will change your life as you would able to experience all the perks you are dreaming for a long time.
About Assam Public Service Commission
This organisation was founded in the year 1937 by the government of Assam. Its’ came into existence after democracy. All rules and regulations of this Commission are under the responsibility of the Governor of Assam. This organisation has a right to conduct recruitment at regular interval for different vacancies in the state through different selection processes.
This commission declares the exam dates, eligibilities to attempt this civil service exam, all about the application form and admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. All the important notification of this exam is revealed at the official web portal of this commission i.e. apsc.nic.in
Moreover, this article has all the required information that is expected all candidates willing to attempt this civil service exam this year.
APSC 2019 Exam Dates
|Official Notification||May 17, 2018|
|Application process start date||May 17, 2018|
|Application process last date||June 27, 2018|
|Admit card issue date||December 15, 2018|
|Preliminary Exam date||December 30, 2018|
|Result of Preliminary Exam||March 13, 2019|
|Prelims Answer key||March 20, 2019|
|Prelims exam Cut off||March 20, 2019|
|Scorecard for prelims||March 20, 2019|
|Admit card issue date for Main exam||July 2019|
|Result date of Main exam||September 2019|
|Interview card||October 2019|
|Interview date||November 2019|
|Final result||December 2019|
Assam PSC Eligibility Criteria
As per Nationality
- The Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
As per Age Limit
- The candidate should not be less than 21 years and above than 38 years.
Age Relaxation is given by the Assam Public Service Commission
- For Scheduled Caste or Scheduled tribe (ST/SC) candidates, there will be age relaxation of 5 years. It means they can attempt the APSC civil service exam until they reach 43 years.
- For Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates, there will be age relaxation of 3 years. It means they can attempt the APSC civil service exam until they reach 41 years.
- For Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates, there will be age relaxation of 5 years. It means they can attempt the APSC exam until they touch 43 years.
- Kindly note that the age limit of candidates will get calculated as per the date mentioned in their Matriculation or HSLC Admit Card or Certificate issued by a recognised Board/ Council. No other document will consider.
As per Educational Qualification
The eligible candidate must hold a Degree from any of the College or Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or other Educational institutions established by an Act of parliament or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Assam Government.
Candidates with Disability should ascertain the post for which a specific category of disability is entitled to reservation according to the advertisement and should apply the preference accordingly while filling up forms for APSC Main Examination.
The Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination on the closing date application submission form will not get eligible for this civil service exam. They can only apply the next time.
How to apply for APSC Exam 2019?
When you consider yourself eligible for this civil service exam, you can fill up the application form of the same. There are some rules that every applicant should follow while filling up his application form. The wrong information written in the application will make themselves unable to get their admit cards. Hence, to indulge in the accurate process, kindly consider the following factors:
- Open the official website of this commission of APSC at apsc.nic.in. Then get yourself a login.
- Now enter all the required information requested over there like your name, DOB, address, contact details, etc. Then choose the password and security answer.
- Before uploading your documents, kindly review your application form. If okay, then upload all the requested documents such as your academics, residential proofs, etc. Finally, upload your scanned signature and latest photograph as per the size is written over there.
- After successful uploading, pay the application fee as per required. In the general category, the application fee will be Rs. 250. For Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe, the application fee will be Rs. 150. Moreover, the candidates coming under the BPL certified category, no application fee.
- Now save your application as well as take the printout of the same for the future references.
Kindly note that gets an acknowledgement of an application fee will consider it valid for the further process.
Assam Civil Services Admit Card 2019
Admit card is an important document. In fact, every candidate should have an admit card before entering into the examination hall. The candidates who would not carry their admit card, will not get permission to attempt the exam.
Moreover, every eligible student have to download an admit card from the official web portal of this commission like they would have done in their application form. Moreover, there will be different admit cards for both exams Preliminary and Main Exam.
Kindly note that preliminary admit card will issue first and if a candidate would able to clear preliminary exam, only then he will get an admit card for his Main exam.
Exam Pattern for Assam PSC
There will be three examinations conduct by this commission to select the competent and qualified candidate to recruit at the different government roles in the state of Assam and its associated areas. All three rounds are mandatory to clear:
1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview or Personality test
It will be the first exam. It is mandatory to clear otherwise you will not consider to go to the next round. Kindly note that marks score in this exam will not add while calculating the final output. This exam will have two papers. Both will have objective type of questions.
The total marks of this exam will be 400 marks. The candidates need to score marks above than the cut off. In a case, a candidate will not able to score as per required marks, he will not get issue an admit card of the Main exam.
|Question Paper type||Papers||Subject Names||Total Marks||Duration|
|Objective questions||Paper I||General studies||200||2 Hours|
|Paper II||One subject must be selected from the list of optional subjects||200||2 Hours|
It will be the second round which is mandatory to clear as well as its will be counted while determining the final order of merit. The selection of this round will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation accordingly prescribed law in force.
Moreover, this round has conventional type of questions. The duration to complete this exam will be 3 hours only.
Mains Examination Pattern
|General English||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject 1||Paper I||200||3 Hours|
|Paper II||200||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject 2||Paper I||200||3 Hours|
|Paper II||200||3 Hours|
The interview will be the last round. It will have 200 marks. It means the grand total will be 1600 marks. This round will take the authorised officers selected by the Assam Public service Commission.
Open the official web portal of Assam Public Service Commission i.e. apsc.nic.in. In it, you would able to download the whole syllabus in PDF format.
Assam PSC Civil Services Exam Result
The result of the Assam Civil Services Exam will be declared thru the official website of this commission only. Moreover, the candidates will check the result of the examination separately viz. Prelims, Mains, and interview.
Tips for preparation of Assam Public service Exam
- All candidates should give maximum time while preparing this exam.
- Make sure to split your entire time between all related concepts and prepare accordingly on daily basis.
- Candidates must solve previous year examination papers that will increase their knowledge as well as time accuracy.
- Keep confident during the examination time as it will help you to solve the questions in accurate manner.
Hence, it’s time to follow the instructions written in this article thoroughly as it is the direct way towards your journey of success.