Armed Forces Headquarters Civilian Staff is hired by the UPSC under group B. The Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) Headquarters and other inter-service bodies have civilian staff under the defence ministry who are liable for administration.
To get participated in AFHQ exam, you can become able to attempt it after checking your age, educational qualification, category eligibilities. To get a clear picture of Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam, the interested candidates can take the help of the following article:
Important Dates to attempt Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam 2019
|Event of AFHQ Exam||Dates|
|Start date of AFHQ application process||19th February 2019|
|Close date of AFHQ application process||18th March 2019|
|Release of Prelims admit card of AFHQ exam||2nd week of May 2019|
|Prelims exam 2019 Date||2nd June 2019|
|Result of Prelims exam AFHQ||1st week of August 2019|
|Mains Exam notification of AFHQ 2019||2nd week of August 2019|
|Release of AFHQ Main admit card||1st week of September 2019|
|UPSC AFHQ Main Civil services exam 2019 Date||20th September 2019|
|Result of Main AFHQ||1st week of December 2019|
|Personal Interview and Personality Test of AFHQ||1st week of February 2020|
|Final Results of AFHQ||May 2020|
Eligibility Criteria to attempt 2019 Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service
As per Nationality
The candidates from any of the following nationalities are eligible to attempt AFHQ 2019:
- Candidate needs to be a citizen of India, OR
- Candidates belonging to Bhutan or Nepal,
- Candidates of Indian origin, who intend to settle indelibly in India and migrated from Sri Lanka, Vietnam, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Burma, Pakistan, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia.
- Tibetan refugees with permanent indelibly in India, who came before 1st January 1962
As per Educational Qualification
The candidates from any of the following educational qualification are eligible to attempt AFHQ 2019:
- A graduation degree from any recognised College/University. The candidates with degrees that are pending to complete within some months are also eligible for filling up the application form of AFHQ.
- A degree through distance education or from any of the open universities.
- Applicants who have passed the final exams of ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI, or MBBS but have not completed the internship are also eligible.
Age Limit to fill up application form
- Applying candidates must be least 21 years old on or before 31st August 2019
- Applying candidates must not be exceeded the upper age limit of 32 years on 31st August 2019
Age relaxation for AFHQ exam 2019
|Category||Age Relaxation in Years|
|For Disabled Defense service personals during hostilities||Maximum relaxed age will be 3 years|
|For Ex-Serviceman or ECO/SSCOs (who have served in the Military for around five Years with an extended-release period as of 1st August 2018)||Maximum relaxed age will be 5 years|
|For SC/ST or J & K residents (in between 1stJan 1980 – 31st December 1989)||Maximum relaxed age will be 5 years|
|For blind candidates||Maximum relaxed age will be 10 years|
|For candidates who are disabled for Hearing Impairment or Orthopedically||Maximum relaxed age will be 10 years|
Number of Attempts to qualify AFHQ
|General category||Maximum 6 attempts|
|OBC (Other Backward class) category||Maximum 9 attempts|
|Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribes category||No restriction|
It should be noted that in a case if a candidate appears for any of the papers in Prelims, it shall be counted as an attempt. In addition, if a candidate applies but not be able to attempt for the exam, then it will not be counted.
AFHQ Admit Card 2019
The admit card for the AFHQ exam will be issued thru the official website of the Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam. This admits card will have all of the information about the AFHQ examination like the examination date, type of exam, timing of the examination, and the venue.
The eligible applicants will not be allowed to participate in the exam without the admit card. The steps that they need to follow for downloading AFHQ examination admit card, encompass the following:
- Go to the official web portal of AFHQ or Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service
- Look at the choice of having an AFHQ 2019 Admit Card Notification
- Then, click on the Notification icon and make yourself familiar with the instructions given over there
- Once finished this, input the registration information inclusive of name, Aadhar card, date of birth (DOB), etc. And select on okay button. Once permitted, you’ll discover your admit card displayed over your laptop
Moreover, make sure to print your admit card as a hard copy because it will require at the same time as stepping into the exam room. In addition, save this admit card for future references.
AFHQ Application Form for exam 2019
The application form to try the Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam examination 2019 is available on the reliable web portal of Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam. It is mandatory to fill out the application form, else no admit card is offered in the future. The interested candidates can observe those steps to download the AFHQ application form.
- Visit the Official Website of AFHQ
- The application form will open once select the ‘apply’ link.
- The candidates will want to fill off all the details within the application form.
- Once accomplished with all the details in the application form, candidates will pay the application fee, that’s mandatory as per category, otherwise, the application forms can be rejected.
- The application fee can be paid via way of the credit card, debit card, internet banking or challan.
Moreover, ensure to take the printout of the application form for the future references.
The online application form for Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam 2019 will be divided into two parts. Thereby, the candidates are suggested to complete the form as per the instructions prescribed by the UPSC, else it will not suppose valid.
Moreover, before commencing to filling up online application, the candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format. In addition, the photograph should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB each. For signature, it should be 1 KB.
Exam Pattern for Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam
The UPSC has announced that the Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam pattern that will appear to select the officers for the different posts. The fact is that the Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam 2019 will be conducted in three stages and they are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
It will be the first exam of AFHQ 2019. For this, the syllabus is designed to assess a candidate’s comprehension of current affairs and aptitude within the restricted time. Moreover, this exam will be compulsory.
Once cleared the Preliminary exam, the next will be the Main exam which is designed to assess a candidate’s academic expertise in his/her specialised subject. It will have 9 papers. To get its syllabus, the candidates can download it by the way of following links mentioned below. In addition, candidates will be eligible for the third step only once completed the above two rounds.
AFHQ Personality Test/Interview
It will be the last step to becoming an AFHQ 2019 officer. This stage of the exam will carry 200 marks only. In this, the participants will be tested for their overall personality orientation, which includes their communication skills, the presence of mind, listening skills etc.
Syllabus for Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam
The syllabus of AFHQ exam will consist of three parts for Prelims, Main examination, and an interview as mentioned above. The students can take the help of the following link to download the entire list of the syllabus which is accurate and suggested as per UPSC.
Hence, it has been declared that to qualify for the AFHQ post, the candidates have to work very hard, else they will not able to reap the quality ranks. Make sure to remember that hard work always offers a high-end result. The candidates are asked to get the assist of the above article to get know about the process to try for the AFHQ.
All the information given above is correct and applicable. The eligible candidate can take its help to crack this civil service exam. Moreover, if they may find any need, they are able to ask in the comment box noted below.
Good luck to all candidates going to attempt Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Exam 2019. Hopefully, you will find the whole lot you have expected from the above guide.