The Arunachal Pradesh PSC conducts the state civil service exams for the state of Arunachal Pradesh. Hereby, through this process, they recruit candidates to various services of Group A and Group B cadres of the state government posts of Arunachal Pradesh. The various positions, like the administrative services, police services, and other higher positions of various state government departments, are filled through this exam.
Candidates are encouraged to check out if they satisfy all the eligibility criteria and then apply for the exam. The official website of the commission is appsc.gov.in.
In this article, we discuss in detail about Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission 2020 exam dates, the application process, application fee, admit card details, eligibility criteria, pattern, syllabus, cut off, results, vacancies, preparation tips and recommended books for preparation.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC 2020 – Important Dates
|Exam event||Important Dates|
|Official notification release date on the website||To be updated shortly|
|Application form submission last date||To be updated shortly|
|Admit card download date||To be updated shortly|
|Examination date||To be updated shortly|
|Result announcement||To be updated shortly|
Arunachal Pradesh PSC Application Form
- Candidates need to submit the application in ONLINE mode only.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the commission.
- Click on the applications section.
- Please take care to fill up all the columns in the application form without leaving any entry vacant.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- Take care to see that the application form is submitted before the deadline.
- After the form is submitted, take a print copy of the submitted form.
Interested candidates trying to attempt the UPSC IAS Exam? Read this article: IAS Exam.
- The fee for General category is INR 100.
- For SC/ST, candidates need not pay any fee for the exam.
- Fees to be paid only in the ONLINE mode via net banking/debit card or credit card facilities.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC Admit Card
- The admit card needs to be treated as a compulsory document.
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam hall, failing which they may not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- The admit card shall be available for download on the official website a few days before the actual commencement of the exam.
- Candidates should note that separate admit cards shall be issued for every round of exam, and the same can be downloaded at the relevant time.
Steps to download the admit card from the official website
- Login to the official website.
- Check for the latest notifications and locate the admit card link.
- IF the link is activated, then click on it.
- Enter the window that will ask you for your registration id and date of birth details.
- Enter any other information requested.
- Click on submit button
- The admit card shall be displayed.
- Download/take a print copy of the admit card.
Arunachal Pradesh Civil Service Eligibility
All candidates who wish to apply for the Arunachal Pradesh civil service exams 2020 should kindly go through all eligibility conditions and see that they satisfy the minimum criteria.
- Only citizens of India are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree as a minimum qualification to attempt the exam. This degree should be from a university that is recognized by the government of India.
- The minimum qualification can include any professional degree attained by the candidate, which is again from a university recognized by the government of India.
Minimum age criteria: 21 years
Maximum age criteria: 35 years
For SC/ST: 5 years in upper age limit
For OBC candidates: 3 years in upper age limit.
For physically disabled candidates: 10 years in upper age limit
For widows: 10 years in upper age limit.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC Exam Pattern
The Arunachal Pradesh civil services exam 2020 shall be conducted in three successive stages, namely:
- This is the first round of the exam.
- Exam is of objective type.
- There will be 2 papers of two hours each.
- First paper is General studies paper for 150 marks.
- Second paper is the optional paper for 250 marks.
- The optional subject shall be chosen by the candidate while filling up his application form.
- Only those candidates who have obtained qualifying marks in the prelims shall qualify for the mains round.
- This is a subjective type of paper.
- Totally there will be 8 papers of the conventional essay/descriptive type.
- Paper 1 is of general English carrying 200 marks.
- Paper 2 is of essay paper carrying 100 marks.
- Papers 3 and 4 are general studies papers 1 and 2, totally carrying 400 marks.
- Papers 5 and 6 are dedicated to the first optional subject, for a combined total of 400 marks.
- Papers 7 and 8 are dedicated to the second optional subject, again for a combined total of 400 marks.
Personality Test Round
- Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the mains exam, they shall be shortlisted for the interview round.
- The interview round is carried out for 175 marks.
- There is no time limit, and the interview round shall be solely dependent on the interview panel members who will conduct the personality test.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC Syllabus
The complete syllabus for the exam can be downloaded in PDF format. However, the brief points of the syllabus shall be mentioned here for the candidate’s reference.
- Science and technology
- World and Indian geography
- Indian polity
- Indian economy
- Governance in Arunachal Pradesh
- Language and culture of Arunachal Pradesh
- Administration and Indian constitution
- Bureaucracy and governance in India
English Paper 1
- Candidates are expected to have detailed knowledge of the literary facts and details of the 19th century.
- Focus on pre- 1900 era with special importance to be given to the famous English noted personalities of literature field in the era beginning from 1798 to 1900
- The literature wave that was overwhelming in the period, together with the socio-culture aspects of the time, needs to be researched and studied in detail.
Paper 2: Essay
- Candidates need to write one essay.
- Choice of subjects shall be provided.
- Essay would be written, keeping the central theme in mind.
- All points related to the essay need to be organized in a well presented manner.
Papers 3 and 4: General Studies
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Indian polity
- History of India
- Indian economy and polity
- Geography of India and Arunachal Pradesh in particular
- Statistical analysis of demographics
- Graphs and charts
- Indian constitution
- Science and technology
- Environmental studies, ecology, and biodiversity
- The cut off marks is the minimum qualifying marks that should be scored by the candidate to go to the next round in the exam.
- For the APPSC civil service exam, the cut off marks shall be displayed on the official website before the results are announced.
Some of the important aspects that influence the cut off marks are
- Previous year cut off marks
- Vacancies available post-wise
- Candidates (applicants) and their categories.
The APPSC publishes the merit list of candidates on the official website. Steps to check results:
- Visit the official website of the commission.
- In the right-hand section of the portal, search in the ‘What’s new’ section.
- If the link to the result has been active, then click on it.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth and any other details required.
- The results shall be displayed.
- Take a print copy of the same.
The exact number of vacancies for various posts published by the APPSC for which the civil services exams are conducted shall be updated later on. Here is the list of posts:
- Assistant and associate professors
- Field officers
- Veterinary officers
- Assistant engineer
- Medical officer etc
Preparation tips for APPSC
- Understand the syllabus completely. Do not ignore any part of the syllabus.
- Identify core topics and those that have repeatedly been asked in previous papers,
- Make good notes of the syllabus.
- Do not make a habit of studying only a single topic in detail.
- Be reasonable in your approach and make sure to complete the syllabus on time,
- Give importance to Arunachal Pradesh’s local data and facts.
- Study through the state government websites and make a note of important facts and figures.
- Make time for revision and also for attempting mock tests and self-assessment sessions.
Recommended books for studying
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Current affairs and general knowledge by Arihant series
- APPSC mental ability test series by Vijetha Publications
- Comprehensive English by S C Gupta
- General English by Ramphal Nain
- CBSE NCERT Books
Also, Read Other State Civil Services 2020 Articles