Ashirwad Scholarship 2021: The State Government of Punjab has come up with a unique initiative to help deserving and meritorious students of their state with the scholarship facility through the Ashirwad scholarship scheme. This scholarship is mainly targeted to help students belonging to the SC/ST and OBC communities in providing hassle-free education facilities. These scholarships are offered to students who have cleared their matriculation exams and for undergraduate and postgraduate streams. This scholarship’s unique feature is providing girls with a lot of financial support since 40% of the scholarships are reserved for women alone. Through this venture, the state government is also placing the need and importance of girl’s education in today’s society. Below we have provided detail information about Ashirwad Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, renewal process, rewards and benefits.
Ashirwad Scholarship 2021 Overview
|Provided by||State Government of Punjab|
|Scholarship Name||Ashirwad Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||SC/ST and OBC students|
|Last Date of Application||4th January 2021|
|Helpdesk No.||0172-2602912/ 9463690909|
Ashirwad Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
All candidates interested in applying for the Ashirwad scholarship need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria before they actually go ahead with the form filling process. The detailed list of eligibility criteria is listed below for an easy reference of the students:
- Only Indian citizens can apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories can apply.
- Candidates should have compulsorily cleared matriculation.
- Matriculation should be from a recognized government/private/government recognized institute of study or state secondary board of education (Punjab state).
- The minimum age to apply for this scholarship is 17 years.
- The annual family income of SC/ST candidates should be less than 2.5 lakhs.
- The annual family income of OBC candidates should be less than 1 lakhs.
- Candidates pursuing distance courses/open education/correspondence courses are also eligible and can apply for this scheme.
- Candidates who are already the recipient of other scholarship schemes/grant systems/ aids from the government are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Also, postgraduate students in medicine can’t apply for this scheme.
Ashirwad Scholarship – Application Process
Candidates are requested to study the detailed instructions in order to apply for this scholarship. Without complete knowledge about the scholarship, they should not begin with form filling. Here is the step by step guide on how to complete the form to apply for the scholarship:
- Visit the homepage of the official website [punjabscholarships.gov.in]
- Search for the ‘Student Corner’ section in this portal.
- Under the student corner section, select the Post-matric Scholarship portal.
- Here, candidates need first to register and then login.
- Provide basic information that leads to your registration.
- Log into the website by providing correct registration/application id and the relevant password.
- In the following application form, fill up all necessary details regarding personal information, academic details, contact information, and other requisite details.
- Candidates are advised to check for correctness of data entered as wrong information entry may lead to later disqualification/rejection of candidature.
- Upload all scanned documents along with the application form.
- Click on the SUBMIT button and take a print copy of the submitted form for future references.
Documents Required for Ashirwad Scholarship
Whenever an applicant submits his application form, he needs to support his form with relevant documents that attest and validate his information. The documents need to be scanned and uploaded in the relevant formats and size specifications as laid down by the authorities. Here is the list of documents to be uploaded:
- Scanned copy of candidates’ passport size photograph [2 photos are required].
- Merit mark sheets of qualifying exams at school and college level.
- Parent’s income certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- Disability certificate [ if any]
- Identity proof [via government-issued documents like Aadhaar card/ passport/voter ID card/ Raton card etc]
- Bank passbook front page copy.
- Domicile certificate.
Ashirwad Scholarship – Rewards
The Ashirwad scholarship covers various academic costs of the candidates, and they are listed below here:
- Study fees including course fee and exam fees [compulsory fees]
- Maintenance fees
- Charges covering study tour expenses
- Thesis preparation charges [typing plus printing costs]
- Book allowance charges
- Charges for book bank facilities
- Miscellaneous charges
The table-wise break up for the different offers provided to SC/ST and OBC categories is provided below:
Post-Matric Scholarship Amount Provided to SC/ST Students
|Group||Maintenance Charges (Hostler / Day Scholars)||Thesis typing and printing charges||Study Tour||Book Allowance||Reader Allowance|
|Group A||INR 1200/INR 550||INR 1600||INR 1600||INR 1200||INR 240|
|Group B||INR 820/INR 530||INR 1600||INR 1600||INR 1200||INR 240|
|Group C||INR 570/INR 300||INR 1600||INR 1600||INR 1200||INR 200|
|Group D||INR 380/INR 230||INR 1600||INR 1600||INR 1200||INR 160|
Scholarship Amount Provided to OBC Students
|Group||Maintenance charges (Hostler / Day Scholars)||Thesis typing and printing charges||Study Tour||Book Allowance||Reader Allowance|
|Group A||INR 750/INR 350||INR 1000||INR 900||INR 900||INR 175|
|Group B||INR 510/INR 335||INR 1000||INR 900||INR 900||INR 175|
|Group C||INR 400/INR 210||INR 1000||INR 900||INR 900||INR 130|
|Group D||INR 260/INR 160||INR 1000||INR 900||INR 900||INR 90|
Ashirwad Scholarship – Renewal Process
This scholarship system is not a standalone system and has an effective renewal system in place. Candidates have to renew their scholarships without fail periodically. Only those candidates who have a minimum of 75% attendance record shall be considered eligible for the renewal process. The detailed procedure to do it is given below:
- Log into the official Ashirwad scholarship portal.
- Login with valid credentials.
- Enter the application form area and EDIT, old details if necessary.
- Check for any latest updates/modifications/ correctness of data.
- Make sure all details/entries are correct and update the form.
- After verifying all details, click on the renewal application form button.
- Check the status of the renewal application form at a later date.
Ashirwad Scholarship – Benefits
There are various benefits of the Ashirwad Post-matric scholarship; some of the prominent ones are stated below:
- Students get funds to pursue higher education irrespective of their specialization.
- If a candidate is eligible to receive funds, then he would proceed for further rounds of application scrutiny and closer to receiving the scholarship amount.
- Study tours organized by the educational institution and status quo maintained by the establishment on the necessity of the tour as part and parcel of the candidate’s course completion are compulsory to receive transportation funds in this regard.
- The tuition fees, library fees, exam fees, and other important fees are covered under this scholarship.
- The thesis typing charges on the recommendation by the student, plus the authorities from the head of the institution, shall be refunded without dues.
- The entire process from form filling to disbursal of the scholarship amount is hassle-free and carried out without any issues.
In case of any discrepancy in the scholarship availing process, kindly contact these numbers:
Contact Numbers: 0172-2602912/ 9463690909/ 9356062952
Email ID: [email protected]