Assam Polytechnic PAT 2021 Exam Pattern enlists all necessary details such as exam mode, type of questions, marking scheme, etc. Assam Polytechnic Admission Test known as Assam PAT is directed by DTE, Assam. Applying candidates on clearing this entrance exam shall be granted admission into different diploma courses at various polytechnic institutions situated at Assam state, and the seat is also given only based on the Assam PAT scores. This article is aimed at providing comprehensive details related to Assam Polytechnic PAT Exam Pattern 2021.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Assam Polytechnic PAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The entire exam pattern of Assam PAT 2021 is disclosed below:
- Assam PAT exam shall be supervised through pen and paper-based mode in OMR sheet pattern.
- Candidates are suggested to use only black ball pen for marking their answers.
- The question paper comprises multiple choice questions with optional answers.
- Total time duration provided to complete the entrance exam is two hours.
- A total of 100 multiple choice questions shall be asked in the Polytechnic exam.
- The medium of the exam paper is in both English and Hindi.
- One mark is allotted for each question.
- No negative marking system is present in this exam so negative mark shall not be given for incorrect or unattempted questions.
Subject wise Question Weightage
The tabulation provided below represents the weightage of questions in accordance with the subjects and total marks allotted for Assam PAT examination:
|Subjects||Type of Questions||Marks|
|Mathematics & Science||Objective type questions||100|
|General Knowledge and English||Objective & subjective type questions||100|
Candidates appearing for the Assam PAT exam must follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Candidates are expected to carry the Assam PAT admit card on the examination day, and the candidates shall not be permitted to write the examination without admit card.
- Electronic gadget or any device is not allowed to be brought inside the examination hall.
- Rough sheet need not be brought by the candidates. The side margin provided in the sheet can be used for rough work.
- Appearing candidates are advised to be present at the examination centre before the designated time.
- Answers are supposed to be marked in the OMR sheet. The answers must be appropriately marked, and any incompletely marked answers shall not be taken into consideration.
- Candidates must compulsorily fill all the necessary details asked in the OMR sheet accurately.
Assam Polytechnic PAT 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus is prepared from 10th and 12th-grade subjects according to the opted course. Some of the topics covered under the exam syllabus are listed below:
Mathematics: Topics include Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression, Coordinate Geometry, Conic section, Circle, Hyperbola, Introduction to three-dimensional geometry, Mathematical Reasoning, Relations & Functions, Continuity & Differentiability, Integrals, Differential Equations, Vectors & three-dimensional geometry, Probability, Sets & Functions, Equal sets, Subsets, Complex numbers & quadratic equations Linear Inequalities, Binomial Theorem Pascal’s Triangle, Permutations & Theorem, Sequence & series.
Science: Topics shall be covered from physics, chemistry and biology subjects.
English: Questions shall be asked based on Grammar and Command of Language.