Assam Polytechnic PAT 2021 Syllabus comprises of subjects like mathematics, science, general knowledge and English subjects. Assam Polytechnic exam is a state-level test. It is also popularly called as Assam PAT (Polytechnic Admission Test). The exam will be organized by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam. Through this test, candidates will be offered admissions in engineering and non-engineering diploma courses provided by various Assam colleges. In this article, the complete details regarding the Assam PAT syllabus 2021 are provided.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Assam Polytechnic PAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates must check and be aware of the syllabus before preparing for the entrance examination. The syllabus for the exam will be based on the 10th or 12th level according to the courses. Given below are the details regarding the Assam PAT 2021 examination syllabus.
The topics on mathematics include Union & Intersection of sets, Subsets, Difference & Compliment of a set, Ordered pairs, Relations & Functions, Cartesian product of sets, Product & Quotient of Functions, Domain & range of function, Pictorial representation of functions, Positive & Negative angles, Trigonometric functions, Measuring angles in radians, Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic Mean Geometric Mean, Straight lines, Coordinate Geometry, Conic section, Ellipse Parabola, Circle, Hyperbola, Calculus, Introduction to three-dimensional geometry, Mathematical Reasoning, Relations & Functions, Statistics & Probability, Matrices, Continuity & Differentiability, Signs of trigonometric functions, Truth of the identity, Principle of Mathematical Induction, Linear Inequalities, Complex numbers & quadratic equations, Permutations & Theorem, Pascal’s Triangle, Sequence & series, Binomial Theorem, etc.
The syllabus for science will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
The questions for the English session will contain topics based on Grammar & Command of Language.
The syllabus of general knowledge covers from topics such as Current Affairs – National & International, Science – Inventions & Discoveries, Indian Constitution, General Politics, Important days, Current events, Scientific Research, Abbreviations, Countries & Capitals, India and its neighbouring countries, Sports, Economic Scene, etc.
Assam Polytechnic PAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Given below are the details regarding the exam pattern for Assam Polytechnic examination:
- Mode of Test: The Assam PAT examination will be conducted via offline (pen and paper-based) mode.
- Type of Question: Objective multiple choice type question will be asked in the examination.
- Answering Mode: Use of black ballpoint pen to circle or mark candidate’s answers.
- Subjects: The question paper will contain questions from Mathematics, Science, English & General Knowledge subjects.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be rewarded one mark for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for wrong answers and unanswered questions.
- Duration: The examination will be conducted for about a total of three hours.
Assam PAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Students are advised to go through the below-given preparation tips to perform better in the Assam Polytechnic examination.
- Schedule a routine and timetable.
- Study according to the timetable.
- Make notes from books prescribed by your professors.
- Go through the syllabus of the examination and exam pattern to have an understanding of the examination.
- Practice mock tests and previous year question paper and revise regularly.
- Follow a healthy regime and exercise often.
- Have at least 8 hours of sleep every day