Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2022: The West Bengal government offers Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. Students studying at higher secondary level in school education, polytechnic courses, graduate and postgraduate courses can apply online for these scholarships. This scholarship is offered to students with high merit scores, and both offline and online modes of application are available to students. The WB government has collaborated with the Directorate of School Education, Directorate of Technical Education, and many more departments to offer these scholarships to students. This article gives detailed information about Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2022, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal, rewards, and more.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2022
|Provided by||West Bengal Government|
|Scholarship Name||Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM)|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2022|
|Scholarship Amount||Up to INR 8000 per month|
Eligibility for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
All candidates must look into the following eligibility before proceeding to the application procedure. All candidates who qualify in these conditions can move ahead to the next process. Candidates not found to be qualifying in these conditions shall lose their candidature if found applied with wrong credentials.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Candidates must be pursuing any one of the following courses – higher secondary, polytechnic or diploma course, undergraduate or postgraduate courses, candidates pursuing fellowships, Mphil, PhD courses etc.
- Annual family income of candidate to be less than INR 2.5 lakhs.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
Apart from the general eligibility criteria, candidates also need to fulfill specific criteria for the course they are pursuing.
|Education Level||Eligibility Criteria|
|Higher Secondary Education|
|Polytechnic Degree or Diploma course|
|Courses at undergraduate level|
|Courses at postgraduate level||Minimum education to be completed:|
|Women scholarships / Kanyashree scholarships|
|Research fellowships [NET – LS] and Mphil/ Non NET pursuant|
How to Apply for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2022?
Bikash Bhavan scholarship 2022 application offers both ONLINE and OFFLINE procedures. Candidates must choose the mode of application and then follow the process accordingly.
Online Application Form Process
- The first step in this process is ‘Registration.’ Candidates need to visit the official website – [svmcm.wbhed.gov.in]. As new users, candidates need to perform the registration formalities. Click on the register button.
- Candidates need to complete the registration form to get the login ID and password.
- Log into the website with newly created credentials. Select the scholarship relevant to your particulars. Please fill up the application form corresponding to it. Enter all details correctly.
- After entering all data, upload relevant documents. The size and format should be correctly ensured.
- Download institute verification form. Get attestation from the head of an educational institution. Scan and upload this document too.
- Submit the application form.
Offline Application Process
- Visit the official website [svmcm.wbhed.gov.in] and download the application form.
- Manually enter all details.
- Take hard copy printouts of all required documents.
- Download the institute verification form and fill it up. Obtain attestation from the head of your educational institution.
- Along with the application form hard copy, submit all documents via POST to the following address: [Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, Bikash Bhavan, Kolkata, West Bengal, India]
Documents Required for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
All candidates must submit relevant documents along with their application forms. Without uploading documents in relevant size and format, they will not be accepted.
- Marks card of the previous qualifying exam
- Madhyamik exam admit card [ or admit card of the qualifying exam undertaken]
- Income certificate
- An affidavit containing income criteria
- Bank passbook first page
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card OR Voter ID card
- Recent passport sized photo of the candidate
- Institute verification form
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Selection Process
Vikash Vaban scholarship provides a high preference for the merit of the candidate. The following selection procedure shall be followed:
- 1st metric of selection includes the educational performance of the candidate, specifically his scores.
- 2nd metric of selection includes the financial standing of the candidate. The lesser the income strata, the higher stands the chances of selection.
- A list is prepared by putting together both academic scores and income details. The list shall be prepared in the order of merit. Higher scores shall be kept at first.
- The final selection list of shortlisted candidates will be prepared based on the available details.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Rewards
Candidates selected for the Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means scholarship shall receive the following rewards and benefits. The scholarship amount shall be directly credited to the beneficiary account through a procedure of DBT. The course-wise rewards and benefits are enlisted below:
|Courses/ Level of Study||Scholarship Amount|
|MPhil course [Non-NET]||INR 5000 per month|
|PhD [Non-NET]||INR 8000 per month|
|Arts course – PG degree||INR 2000 per month|
|Science course – PG degree||INR 2000 per month|
|Commerce course – PG degree||INR 2500 per month|
|Professional courses recognized by UGC – PG degree||INR 2500 per month|
|Arts course – UG degree||INR 1000 per month|
|Science course – UG degree||INR 1500 per month|
|Commerce course – UG degree||INR 1000 per month|
|Diploma courses – UG degree||INR 1500 per month|
|Medical courses – UG degree||INR 5000 per month|
|Polytechnic courses – UG degree||INR 1500 per month|
|Engineering/ PG in engineering/ any professional courses that are AICTE approved – UG degree||INR 5000 per month|
|Professional courses recognized by UGC – UG degree.||INR 1500 per month|
How to Renew Bikash Bhavan Scholarship?
To continue the SVMCM scholarship, candidates have to renew their scholarships every year. The renewal procedure is dependent on a number of factors like merit scores of the candidate, attendance record, the income of a family, etc.
General Conditions for Renewal
- For a candidate moving to UG courses/diploma – min 60% score in higher secondary is mandatory.
- For a candidate moving to PG courses – min 50% score in UG course/ diploma is mandatory.
- All exams should be successfully cleared in the very first attempt without holding any backlog papers.
- Visit the official scholarship portal – [svmcm.wbhed.gov.in]
- Click on the tab indicating “Application Renewal”.
- Login with registered ID and password.
- Enter all details in the renewal application form and upload relevant documents.
- Submit the renewal application form.
Documents Required for Renewal Application
- For undergraduate students – 1st semester and 2nd semester mark sheets [if renewing for 2nd year]. 3rd and 4th semester mark sheets [if renewing for 3rd year].
- For postgraduate students- 1st and 2nd semester mark sheets for second year renewal process.
- Address: Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology Department, Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
- Helpline Number: 18001037033
- Email: [email protected]