BITSAT Eligibility 2021: Candidates are advised to look into the eligibility criteria to know whether they are eligible to sit for the exam or not before proceeding towards the application form filling process. Birla Institute of Technology and Science called BITS is a Deemed University that administers the BITSAT entrance exam. Candidates seeking admission must clear BITSAT entrance exam to get admitted into the integrated first-year degree programme of BITS, Pilani. Qualifying candidates can get admission in its affiliated campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Admissions are granted into various courses such as the B.Tech, B.Pharma and M.Sc courses. This article is aimed at rendering comprehensive information related to BITSAT 2021 Eligibility criteria.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
BITSAT Eligibility 2021
To be eligible to sit for the BITSAT entrance exam, the interested candidates must fit into the university’s eligibility criteria. Candidates are supposed to go through the entire eligibility criteria before moving to the BITSAT application form. If the candidate doesn’t fall under the eligibility norms, then the candidate shall be disqualified. In the below section, the complete eligibility criteria are specified:
- Applying candidates must have cleared the intermediate or equivalent exam from the Central Board or State Board or any recognized board.
- Candidates currently appearing in 10+2 exams in the academic year 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- The minimum aggregate required is 75% marks in the PCB & PCM group, and also 60% is expected in each of the subjects.
- The qualifying exam must include subjects, namely Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Candidates must also be proficient in the English language.
- PCM group candidates can also apply.
For all courses except B.Pharma
- Candidates must have cleared 12th grade from an acknowledged Central Board or State Board.
- The overall minimum aggregate required to be eligible is 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (for the candidate opting Mathematics in BITSAT).
- The overall minimum aggregate required to be eligible is 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects (for the candidate opting Biology in BITSAT).
- Candidates must have scored 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- The qualifying exam must include subjects, namely Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates must also be proficient in the English language.
- Candidates from all central and state boards holding the first rank in the academic year 2021 shall be provided direct admission to their desired course irrespective of their BITSAT 2021 score.
- If a candidate is found to have attempted 12th-grade exam more than one time, then the candidate’s latest result shall be taken as a deciding factor.
- Candidates who have cleared the 12th-grade examination in 2019 or earlier cannot apply for BITSAT 2021.
- Candidates currently pursuing their education in any of the campuses of BITS cannot sit for BITSAT 2021.
- The eligibility of the candidates seeking admission shall depend on the requisite marks scored by the candidates in their qualifying exam.