CAT 2021 Exam Pattern comprises the exam mode, subjects, marking scheme, etc. CAT, Common Admission Test is the MBA entrance test administered by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) on an alternate basis. The score of this national level examination is considered by 20 IIMs and 100 B-schools of India. This article is aimed at providing comprehensive information regarding the CAT Exam Pattern 2021.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern (Revised)
The exam pattern must be referred by the candidates before beginning the preparation. The exam pattern is composed of the no. of sections, no. of questions and marking scheme. The CAT 2021 admit card can be obtained via online mode only. The exam pattern of CAT 2021 is enclosed below:
- CAT is expected to be conducted in 156 cities through online mode.
- The Common Admission Test consists of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data
- Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability.
- The question paper comprises 100 questions in the form of MCQ and non-MCQ type questions that are to be answered in 2 hours, wherein 40 minutes are allotted for each section.
Section wise Weightage of Question
The section-wise weightage of questions for CAT 2021 examination is disclosed below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60|
Ratio of CAT MCQs & Non-MCQs Questions
Since 2015, non-MCQs without any options were also added in the CAT exam, for which the answers must be entered via virtual keyboard. The below tabulation provides the ratio of MCQs & non-MCQs questions in CAT exam:
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of Non-MCQs|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||10|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||8|
CAT 2021 Marking Scheme
Below section specifies the marking scheme of CAT 2021 examination:
- Candidates shall be granted 3 marks for every right answer. All the question (MCQ type and Non-MCQ type questions) carries the same marks.
- 1 mark shall be reduced for every incorrect answer. Nevertheless, no negative marking is applied for Non-MCQ type questions.
- Candidates must mandatorily go through the exam pattern as it contains the no. of questions, question mode, marking scheme, time duration, language, and various other essential details.
CAT 2021 Syllabus
CAT 2021 syllabus includes varied topics under different subjects namely, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Reading Comprehension and quantitative ability.
CAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- A proper schedule must be planned before beginning the preparation.
- Learn from only prescribed author’s books.
- Get help from online resources for better understanding and vast knowledge.
- Keep solving the previous year question paper to get an idea of the question type.
- Use sticky notes to jot down important formulas. Keep revising them every day.
- Eat nutritious and healthy food only.
- Maintaining a good sleep cycle is also mandatory.