CAT Syllabus 2021: CAT (Common Admission Test) is a national level examination, offering admissions into PG business administration programmes. It is conducted by the IIM Indore, Indian Institute of Management. The CAT 2021 Syllabus is formulated by the authority. Qualified candidates will get admissions into top management colleges in India. The complete details of CAT Syllabus are given:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CAT 2021 Syllabus
CAT 2021 Syllabus includes Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Quantitative Ability. Students can go through the entire syllabus from the official website. Chapters under each section are given: The topics under Quantitative Ability or Mathematics includes 10+2 difficulty level & Fundamental mathematics & they are:
- number system
- ratio & proportions
- quadratic & linear equations
- time & work
- profit & loss and so on
Data Interpretation: Candidate’s ability to solve problems accurately & understanding of the data given are assessed. Candidates can go through the topics given below:
- graphs (line, area)
- Interpretation and analysis of data based on text
- paragraph, etc.
Verbal Ability & English Language: Candidates knowledge in English grammar & questions on comprehension. Few topics from which the questions will be asked are:
- verbal reasoning
- antonyms and synonyms
- sentence correction
- fill in the blanks
- critical reasoning
- analogies, etc.
Logical Reasoning: Topics in logic reasoning includes:
- Direction sense
- clocks & calendars
- binary logic
- seating arrangement
- blood relations
- logical sequence
- the data structure, etc.
CAT Exam Pattern
CAT 2021 Exam pattern comprises of 100 MCQ based questions from 3 sections. The three sections will be Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability. The exam will be conducted for 3 hours. Each correct answer will fetch 3 marks, and one mark will be deducted per each wrong answers.
CAT Preparation Tips
Few tips for candidates preparing for CAT exam are given:
- Make a schedule and stick to it.
- Understand the syllabus and the exam pattern and prepare accordingly.
- Practise question paper and mock test.
- Go through the books recommended by professors.
- Have a healthy diet and sleep regularly for at least 8 hours.
- Teach the topics to your friends as it helps to increase your knowledge.
CAT Exam Instructions
Candidates can check the CAT exam instructions from here:
- Make sure to reach the examination hall within 20 minutes,
- Concentrate on your exam.
- Attempt the most straightforward questions first.
- All electronic gadgets are prohibited in the examination hall.
- Be stress-free and attend the exam with a calm mindset.