CBSE Scholarship 2022: Are you the only girl child in your family studying in class tenth at a CBSE affiliated school? Then you must read this article to find out more about CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme. This is a one-of-its-kind scholarship initiative undertaken by the CBSE to help class 10th pass out girl students study further into class 11th and 12th without any blockages in their education. CBSE seeks out this scheme to encourage the enrolment of girls into higher education. This article gives detailed information about CBSE Scholarship 2022, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, renewal process, selection process, rewards, and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CBSE Scholarship 2022
|Provided by||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Scholarship Name||CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child|
|Application Process||Online Mode|
|Last Date of Application||January 17, 2022|
|Scholarship Amount||₹ 500 per month|
|Help-desk No.||011-22509256 / 22509257|
Eligibility for CBSE Scholarship 2022
Candidates have to read and understand the various criteria prescribed for them. Those candidates fulfilling these conditions shall apply for the scholarship. If candidates do not qualify the minimum eligibility criteria, they should refrain from applying further. The important eligibility criteria for CBSE scholarship are listed below:
- Citizens of India can only apply.
- Only applicable for meritorious girl students who have cleared their tenth standard examination.
- For applying this year (2021), the candidate should have cleared the exam in the previous year (2020).
- Girl candidates should be the only girl child for their families. They should have no siblings with them.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% in their tenth standard.
- Candidate should have passed the tenth standard from a CBSE board affiliated school only.
- Candidate should have further intention to study their 11th and 12th standards and pursue higher education.
- The tuition fee paid by the candidate during their 10th class should not have been higher than INR 1500 per month.
- NRI applicants can apply too. They should be studying in CBSE boards only.
- The maximum fee garnered by CBSE institutions where the candidate is enrolled, should not cross INR 6000 per month.
How to Apply for CBSE Scholarship 2022?
This section explains the application process for ‘New Applications’. Candidates should note that they must keep all documents in place before starting with the application. All entries in the application must be correct, and incorrect and late entries shall not be entertained. Candidates are also advised to read the guidelines thoroughly before proceeding with the actual application form. Following is the step by step application process for ‘Fresh Applications’:
- Visit the official portal of CBSE scholarship. Go to the ONLINE APPLICATION PAGE.
- Traverse to the ‘FRESH APPLICATIONS’ section. Click on the respective link provided.
- Enter CBSE class 10th roll number and your date of birth correctly in the space provided.
- Enter all required details correctly in the following application form.
- Submit the application form after filling in all the details correctly.
- Note down the reference number you get after form submission.
- Take a print copy of the submitted application form.
- Go to the official portal and download the “Undertaking form” in the fresh scholarship section.
- Take a print out of the undertaking form and fill it manually.
- Also, stick your recent passport size photo. Get the forms attested by school authorities.
- Check out the affidavit format as per the sample provided in the portal in the fresh scholarship section.
- Go to the upload document section. Upload scanned copies of undertaking and affidavit incorrect size and format.
- Now finally, go to the “Print Confirmation” section. Print the confirmation and save it for future references.
List of Documents Required
- ID card issued by the educational institution in the 10th standard.
- Birth certificate of the candidate.
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Undertaking provided in the portal.
- Affidavit provided in the portal.
- Income certificate
- Marks card of candidate of 10th standard.
- Aadhaar card.
- Bank passbook copy/ cancelled Cheque
CBSE Scholarship Renewal Procedure
CBSE scholarships are awarded for the tenure of one year only. The candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% in the previous exam [class 11th] for seeking renewal. All such requests consisting of a change of subject or course of study, change of educational institution, etc., shall be brought to the notice of the CBSE committee immediately during the renewal process. Good attendance in classes is also a prerequisite to approving the renewal of scholarships. Below we have provided step by step renewal process in detail.
- Visit the official portal [www.cbse.nic.in]. Go to the online application page and click on renewal applications.
- The scholarship renewal form shall be available for download. Click on the link to download and take a print copy.
- Manually with a pen, fill in all details correctly without spelling errors.
- Attach all attested copies as prescribed in guidelines.
- Send the filled-in application form and the supporting documents through the post.
- Class 11th mark sheet
- Aadhaar card
- Bank passbook copy/ cancelled Cheque
- Letter from educational institution quoting regular attendance and good conduct of the student.
- Address for posting renewal application form: Scholarship Unit, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community center, Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110 092
CBSE Scholarship Selection Process
Based on specific criteria prescribed by the CBSE committee, applications shall be grossly screened, and based on the order of metrics, they shall be filtered out. Only those applications that fulfil all the eligibility conditions stand a chance to receive a scholarship grant. Those who fail to qualify in the first round of minimum eligibility screening shall not be seen in further rounds. Here, we present the order of metrics in which the applications shall be screened on a probable basis:
- Academic merit stands in the 1st place. All candidates who have scored 60% and more stand a greater chance to get selected.
- In the next phase, the schools to which candidates belong to shall be checked whether affiliated to CBSE or not.
- Only a single girl child for their respective families shall be selected.
- Attested affidavits submitted shall be carefully verified.
- Undertaking attested by the school principal shall also be verified.
- Tuition fee of the educational institution shall be verified and cross-checked.
After an exhaustive criteria selection followed by the CBSE scholarship selection committee, the selected applicants shall be intimated. Every year the number of scholarships awarded varies.
CBSE Scholarship Rewards
Payment of scholarship to the beneficiaries is made through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). The mode opted is generally through ECS or NEFT facilities. This scholarship is awarded for one year, and upon successful renewal, it shall continue for another academic year. The maximum allocation of the CBSE scholarship, in general, is for two years and not more than that.
The reward provided by CBSE scholarship to deserving students is INR 500 per month.
Email: [email protected]
Address: Scholarship Unit, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community center, Delhi – 110 092