Are you the only girl child in your family and studying in class tenth at a CBSE affiliated school? Then you must read this article to find out more about CBSE scholarships. This is a one-of-its-kind of scholarship initiative undertaken by the CBSE to help class 10th pass out girl students to study further into class 11th and 12th without any blockages in their education. This scheme is also sought out by CBSE as a measure to encourage enrolment of girls into higher education.
CBSE, as we know, is one of the leading education boards of the country. They have created standard benchmarks for themselves in the field of education par excellence. Read through this article to find out more in detail about CBSE scholarships.
This article deals with the important dates regarding this scholarship, eligibility criteria attached to them, the detailed application process, various necessary documents, selection criteria followed by the committees, renewal process, rewards and benefits, various FAQs that are asked by candidates, and most importantly, their contact details.
CBSE Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Scholarship Name||CBSE Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||The only girl child of their parents|
CBSE Scholarship – Important dates 2020
Candidates have to follow important dates to apply for CBSE scholarships. Applicants should apply well within the prescribed timeline; late entries are not entertained whatsoever. These are the important dates to be followed:
- Deadline for submission of online applications – Mid of October.
- Deadline for submitting renewal applications – Mid of November.
In general, candidates can watch out for CBSE scholarships between the months of September – October. Candidates should be aware that dates for fresh and renewal applications aren’t the same. They generally do not clash and are timed differently for convenience.
Understand about National Scholarship Portal
CBSE Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to read and understand the various criteria prescribed for them. Those candidates fulfilling these conditions shall apply for scholarships. In case candidates do not qualify the minimum eligibility criteria, then they should refrain from applying further. The important eligibility criteria for CBSE scholarships are listed below:
- Citizens of India can only apply.
- Only applicable for meritorious girl students who have cleared their tenth standard examination.
- For applying this year (2020), the candidate should have cleared the exam in the previous year (2019).
- Girl candidates should be the only girl child for their families. They should have no siblings with them.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% in their tenth standard.
- Candidate should have passed the tenth standard from a CBSE board affiliated school only.
- Candidate should have further intention to study their 11th and 12th standards and pursue higher education.
- The tuition fee paid by the candidate during their 10th class should not have been higher than INR 1500 per month.
- NRI applicants can apply too. They should be studying in CBSE boards only.
- The maximum fee garnered by CBSE institutions where the candidate is enrolled, should not cross INR 6000 per month.
CBSE Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
In this section, we explain the application process for new applications. Candidates should note that they have to keep all documents in place before starting off with the application. All entries in the application must be correct. Incorrect and late entries shall not be entertained. Candidates are also advised to read the guidelines thoroughly before proceeding with the actual application form. Following is the step by step application process for fresh applications:
- Visit the official portal of CBSE scholarships. Go to the ONLINE APPLICATION PAGE.
- Traverse to the ‘FRESH APPLICATIONS’ section. Click on the respective link provided.
- Enter CBSE class 10th roll number and your date of birth correctly in the space provided.
- Enter all required details correctly in the following application form.
- Submit the application form after filling in all the details correctly.
- Note down the reference number you get after form submission.
- Take a print copy of the submitted application form.
- Go to the official portal and download the “Undertaking form” in the fresh scholarship section.
- Take a print out of the undertaking form and fill it manually.
- Also, stick your recent passport size photo. Get the forms attested by school authorities.
- Check out the affidavit format as per the sample provided in the portal in the fresh scholarship section.
- Go to the upload document section. Upload scanned copies of undertaking and affidavit incorrect size and format.
- Now finally, go to the “Print Confirmation” section. Print the confirmation and save it for future references.
Key Documents Required For CBSE Scholarship
The application process for new applications is online, and renewal applications are offline. So the document required for both of them is also different. Candidates should take photocopies of all documents, get them attested, and only then submit with the application form. Here in this section, we try to understand the different kinds of documents required for both fresh and renewal applications.
Documents for FRESH CBSE scholarship applications
- ID card issued by the educational institution in the 10th standard.
- Birth certificate of the candidate.
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Undertaking provided in the portal.
- Affidavit provided in the portal.
- Income certificate
- Marks card of candidate of 10th standard.
- Aadhaar card.
- Bank passbook copy/ cancelled cheque
Documents for RENEWAL CBSE scholarship applications
- Class 11th mark sheet
- Aadhaar card
- Bank passbook copy/ cancelled cheque
- Letter from educational institution quoting regular attendance and good conduct of the student.
CBSE Scholarship Selection Process
Based on specific criteria prescribed by the CBSE committee, applications shall be grossly screened, and based on the order of metrics; they shall be filtered out. Only those applications that fulfill all the eligibility conditions stand a chance to receive a scholarship grant. Those that fail to qualify in the first round of minimum eligibility criteria screening shall not be seen in further rounds. Here, we present the order of metrics in which the applications shall be screened on a probable basis:
- Academic merit stands in the 1st place. All candidates who have scored 60% and more stand a greater chance to get selected.
- In the next phase, the schools to which candidates belong to shall be checked whether affiliated to CBSE or not.
- Only a single girl child for their respective families shall be selected.
- Attested affidavits submitted shall be carefully verified.
- Undertaking attested by the school principal shall also be verified.
- Tuition fee of the educational institution shall be verified and cross-checked.
After an exhaustive criteria selection followed by the CBSE scholarship selection committee, the selected applicants shall be intimated. Every year the number of scholarships awarded varies.
CBSE Scholarship – Renewal Process
CBSE scholarships are awarded for the tenure of one year only. For seeking renewal, the candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% in the previous exam [class 11th]. All such requests consisting of a change of subject or course of study, change of educational institution, etc. shall be brought to the notice of the CBSE committee immediately during the renewal process. Good attendance in classes is also a pre-requisite to approve the renewal of scholarships.
Now that we have understood the background knowledge of CBSE scholarship renewal process, let’s try to understand how to complete the renewal process step by step in detail:
- Visit the official portal. Go to the online application page and click on renewal applications.
- The scholarship renewal form shall be available for download. Click on the link to download and take a print copy of the same.
- Manually with a pen, fill in all details correctly without making any spelling errors.
- Attach all attested copies as prescribed in guidelines.
- Send the filled-in application form and the supporting documents through the post. Not down the address for posting renewal application form:
Scholarship Unit, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community center, Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110 092
CBSE Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
A candidate who fulfills all specified eligibility conditions and gets selected for CBSE scholarships receives its benefits. Payment of scholarship to the beneficiaries is made through direct benefit transfer. The mode opted is generally through ECS or NEFT facilities. This scholarship is awarded for a period of one year. Upon successful renewal, it shall continue for another academic year. The maximum allocation of CBSE scholarships, in general, is for two years and not more than that.
The reward provided by CBSE scholarships to deserving students is INR 500 per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am the only girl child of my family, but I have two elder brothers as siblings. Am I eligible to apply for this scholarship, kindly clarify?
No, a single girl child who is the only child for her family shall only apply.
- Can I apply for this scholarship if I’m already enrolled in other scholarships?
Yes, you can apply for this scholarship while being covered under other scholarship schemes too.
- What is the correct size and specification for uploading scanned documents in the official portal?
Candidates should upload the undertaking and affidavit in PDF format, and file size should compulsorily be less than 1 MB in size.
- I have successfully submitted my application form, but unable to print confirmation from “Print confirmation” section, what could be the reason?
“Print confirmation” section shall be active only for such candidates who have submitted application form and also the documents [both undertaking and affidavit].
- Are the application modes for both fresh and renewal the same?
No, they are different. Fresh applications are sent in ONLINE mode. Renewal applications are to be sent in OFFLINE mode through POST or courier services only.
For any doubts regarding CBSE scholarships, candidates can contact on the below mentioned details:
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Scholarship Unit, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community center, Delhi – 110 092