CCRT stands for The Centre for Cultural Resources and Training. It is functioning directly under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. It aims to promote a mix of education and culture in all respects of the progress and development of children. India is a country of rich heritage and philosophy. Through these recognized establishments, the country helps to showcase the country’s talent to outdoor countries. It also maintains a tradition of continuing our culture to future generations.
In this article, we discuss in-depth about CCRT scholarship including their dates to keep track of, eligibility criteria, detailed application process, selection procedure of candidates to avail this scheme, various terms and conditions to adhere to, a brief knowledge about CCRT and its various functionaries, frequently asked questions and their important contact details. Let us take up each section one by one in more detail.
CCRT Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Centre for Cultural Resources and Training|
|Scholarship Name||CCRT Scholarship|
|Helpdesk No||(011) 25088638/ 25309300|
CCRT Scholarship – Important Dates
Candidates should always make a note of the important dates to apply for scholarships. Before the deadline is crossed, candidates must ensure that they apply to them correctly without fail. Usually, around December to January, candidates shall be called in to send their completed applications to the provided address where they will be screened further for selection.
A candidate who has been for CCRT scholarships must adhere to the timeline discussed here. Every scholarship receiving candidate should obtain a performance report from his respective teacher. The report should be addressed from January till June. The report should be submitted to the CCRT authorities before the 15th of July 2020. Likewise, the performance report concerned from July to December shall be submitted before the 15th of January every year.
Read about National Scholarship Portal
CCRT Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility conditions for CCRT scholarships are quite different from others. The main reason is, this scholarship is offered not for pursuing higher studies and obtain degrees. It is purely a culturally oriented scholarship having its own set of eligibility criteria. We enlist the detailed criteria below:
- Any candidate interested in applying for CCRT scholarships should first and foremost have relevant skills and interests in his chosen field of a cultural art form.
- The main focus here is the idea of continuing traditional art forms while also welcoming modern art forms. So, the candidate should have this in mind while applying for this.
- Candidate age must strictly be between 10 to 14 years of age.
- The applicant should be studying in a government recognized school (or recognized art schools also permitted).
- If the candidate isn’t associated with any school, then he must belong to a tradition or family which has been practicing the art form since many hereditary generations.
- Candidate should be well versed with the basic idea of his art form, which could be specialization in dance, drama, music, crafts, writing literature forms, and other ancient Indian forms.
- Formal education apart from cultural art knowledge is also necessary to apply for CCRT scholarships.
- Candidates who wish to pursue future careers in exclusive traditional art forms and keen on taking up advanced level training and research in their chosen field can only apply.
- Candidates who have received recognition in the form of certificates and other awards shall receive higher weightage for their applications.
- The candidates should have prior experience in basic art forms of his chosen area for at least five years under his art teacher/ Guru or the institution that he is part of.
CCRT Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
Applications to this scholarship shall be made in the OFFLINE mode only. The CCRT head office located at Delhi monitors applications received towards these scholarships and scrutinizes them accordingly. The decision-making committee for scholarships is also a collaborative committee working at the premises. In this regard, we discuss the detailed application procedure in a step-by-step manner here:
- Visit the official website www.ccrtindia.gov.in after the advertisement for CCRT scholarships is notified in national dailies.
- Click on the link to get access to the application form. Download and take a print copy of the form.
- Alternatively, candidates can also visit CCRT centers in New Delhi or regional centers at Hyderabad, Udaipur, and Guwahati to obtain application forms in person.
- Alternatively, forms could also be obtained from other nodal centers present across different states.
- With a good pen, fill in all the required details correctly. [ Details to be entered manually]
- Attach relevant documents along with application form. List of documents:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Proficiency certificate [ to be obtained from teacher/Guru/ institute where a candidate is pursuing his/her training]
- Form of acceptance
- Proforma containing details of the scholarship
- Joint report
- Bonafide letter from the educational institution
- Bank authorization letter
- Copies of all documents to be verified and attested before attaching them.
- Make sure all entries in the application form are correct and can be validated in the future.
- Optionally, a recommendation letter from the Guru/teacher/ institution can also be sent along with the application form [in prescribed format] only.
- Send the application form with documents by post to the following address:
Centre for Cultural Research and Training [CCRT], 15-A, sector 7, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110 075.
CCRT Scholarship Selection Procedure
An intensive selection procedure shall be followed after receiving applications till the deadline. Applications received from all corners of the country shall be looked into by a selection committee. This committee consists of eminent panel members who have achieved excellence in various art forms over the years and are in a position to teach the legacy to future students. The selection procedure is explained in detail below:
- CCRT forwards received applications to a central selection committee at its Delhi center.
- The committee studies every application received thoroughly. It prepares a list of shortlisted candidates.
- Interviews are conducted for these shortlisted candidates around May-August every year.
- Candidates will receive an intimation about interview date, venue, and timings beforehand.
- A panel consisting of expert committee members shall interview and award ranking to students on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Every candidate shall receive marks for his performance in the interview.
- A merit list of candidates in the order of marks would be prepared, and selected candidates notified accordingly.
- Decision taken by the selection and expert committees are final and binding, and no recommendations shall be entertained whatsoever.
CCRT Scholarship – Terms & Conditions
The CCRT functions in its own rightful manner when it comes to the selection of candidates and other aspects. Some of the important terms and conditions that every student should go through before application are listed below:
- Candidates who wish to apply under the Traditional artist family (TAF) category have an additional requirement. They should write self-write-up explaining contributions of their family [3 generations put together] towards the art form they wish to pursue.
- Teachers or Gurus of selected candidates are required to send performance reports of their candidates to the CCRT center at Delhi every 6 months. Last dates for January – June timeline if the 15th of July and July – December timeline is the 15th of January.
- Candidates approved for scholarships under CCRT are ineligible to receive any other similar scholarships for pursuing the same art forms.
- There are no exclusive state reservations for CCRT scholarships.
- In case the change of Guru/teacher is necessary during scholarship tenure, candidates have to explain it in a letter and also attaching a Joining report proforma towards the selection of new teachers.
- If a candidate wishes to cancel his scholarship without due notice to CCRT, then CCRT authorities can terminate such scholarships without any further notice.
- Application forms should be supported with necessary documents failing which the respective form shall be rejected.
Smt. Kamaladevi Chattopadhyaya started CCRT (Centre for Cultural Research and Training) along with Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan in the year 1979. They envisaged the need to promote and preserve the country’s culture by facilitating training for the youth right from the tender age of 10. So a committee was established to spearhead the idea, and soon training and scholarships were given out to the deserving and needy students.
Holistic development of children in terms of emotional, physical, mental, intellectual, and spiritual progress is the ultimate goal of the organization. The organization is striving towards imbibing traditional Indian culture and heritage in children. It aims to preach and practice traditional art forms of the country and pass on this knowledge to future generations.
CCRT Scholarship – Frequently Asked Questions
- How are the students trained after receiving scholarships?
Candidates shall be enrolled in institutions that support learning of the chosen art form under the supervision of an art teacher, along with formal education both in parallel.
- How do candidates receive a scholarship amount?
Since candidates shall be minors, their parents shall receive a scholarship amount via NEFT/ RTGS/ ECS.
- What is the scholarship amount granted to selected candidates?
Scholarship grant of INR 3600 per annum. Along with this, the fee paid by the candidate to his Guru/teacher/ institution shall be reimbursed, a maximum of INR 9000.
- What is the tenure of CCRT scholarship?
The initial tenure of the scholarship is for two years. After two years, the scholarship can be extended till candidate completes his degree or till he attains the age of 20 years.
- How do the CCRT members monitor scholars during scholarship tenure?
The Guru/teacher shall submit performance reports in a timely manner. Continuation of the scholarship is subject to receiving good marks and performance by the candidate, as also the attendance of candidates.
Since this is an entirely offline process, candidates are sure to have many doubts and enquiries about CCRT scholarships. The same can be addressed to:
Centre for Cultural Research and Training [CCRT], Ministry of culture, the Government of India, 15-A, sector 7, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110 075.
Contact numbers: (011) 25088638/ 25309300
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org