CDS or Combined Defence Service is an exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit the officers in India Army, Navy and Air Force. The lakhs of candidates take participate in this exam.
Only selected candidates will get a chance for further interviewed for the Intelligence and Personality Test which is conducted by the Service Selection Board (SSB). In addition, Combined Defence Service is conducted twice in a year i.e. in February and November respectively.
In brief, the CDS 2019 exam will be conducted to recruit the officers into the Navy, Army, and Air Force that will be further train to the below-enlisted academia:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai
Important Dates for CDS 2019 Exam
|Exam Events||For Combined Defence Service I||For Combined Defence Service II|
|Release date of the official notice||31st October 2018||12th June 2019|
|Date of Online application process||31st October 2018||12th June 2019|
|Last date to get receipt of CDS application form||26th November 2018||8th July 2019|
|Date of CDS admit card||3 weeks before the exam||3 weeks before the exam|
|Date of CDS written examination||3rd February 2019 (Sunday)||8th September 2019 (Sunday)|
|Date of CDS Result||March 2019||October 2019|
CDS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for the Combined Defence Service examination should ensure that they are meeting the eligibility criteria or not. For this, they should check the following eligibilities
- The interested candidates should be: A citizen of India or a subject of Nepal, Bhutan
- The candidates may be Tibetan refugee who came over to India for permanent settlement before January 1, 1962.
- The candidates should be from the Indian origin migrated from Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, and Ethiopia or Vietnam, intending to stay in India.
- For women candidates: Issue less divorce candidates will not allow to get married again. They should satisfy the eligibility norms as well.
- For male candidates: Divorcee/Widower male candidates will not consider unmarried. They should satisfy the eligibility norms as well.
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA) candidates: They should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- For Air Force Academy (AFA) candidates: They should have a degree of a recognized university with mathematics and Physics as main subjects in 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA) candidates: They should have a degree in Engineering from a recognized university or institution.
- Indian Military Academy: Only Single male Candidate should be preferred that should not born earlier than July 02, 1995 and not later than July 01, 2000.
- Air Force Academy: Only those candidates are preferred that are between ages 20-24 as on July 01 2019. Moreover, those candidates should be born earlier July 01, 1995 and not later than July 01, 1999.
- Indian Naval Academy: Only those candidates are eligible that should born earlier than 1995 and not later than July 01 2000.
It should be noted the interested candidates will not allow getting married during the training process. In addition, all the unmarried candidates should be below 25 years of age and married will be able 25 years of age. The Married candidates of CBS 2019 will not give any accommodation and not allow living with their family.
Combined Defence Service 2019 Application Process
The interested candidates for CDS exam 2019 are recommended to apply for the same by way of online only. The offline applications are not accepted more.
For filling up the CDS 2019 exam, the candidates get the help of the official web portal of UPSC. Moreover, the candidates can click on the following link to get instant CDS 2019 application form.
Steps to Fill the Combined Defence Service 2019 Application Form:
- Click on the official web portal of UPSC i.e. https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Now select the option showing Online application for various examinations of UPSC link.
- Once clicked over the link, you will notice there will be two parts of the registration process. They both will need to complete. For Part-I, click on the link shown next to it and continue the process. Then, move to Part-II for registration. For this, you need to upload scanned image of signature and photograph (The file size should not be more than 40 kb and not less than 3 kb also in JPEG format). Moreover, fill up the other options as well.
- Now click on the submit button. Moreover, the successful submission will generate an email on our registered email id.
The successful general category candidates are recommended to make the payment of the CDS application fee of Rs. 200/. The SC/ST candidates are exempted to pay any application fee for the same.
Moreover, the said payment is made by way of online payment modes or by depositing the fee in the State Bank of India (SBI) branch or by various other modes like credit/debit card.
Admit card for CDS exam 2019
The admit cards for CDS I and CDS II are mandatory. The candidates can download these by way of the official web portal of CBS. Moreover, only those candidates are eligible to get the admit cards who would have filled up the application form for CDS 2019.
Steps to download Combined Defence Service 2019 admit cards:
- Open the official web portal of UPSC
- Then log in to the registered credentials
- Now navigate to Combined Defence Service admit card link 2019
- Then click on it and enter the required details accurately.
- Now click on the submit button.
- Once done this, you will able to download the admit card.
- Make sure to get the print of the same for the future references.
Exam Pattern for CDS 2019
For Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy categories, the following pattern will come in CDS 2019 exam
|English||2 hours only||100|
|General Knowledge||2 hours only||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours only||100|
For Officers’ Training Academy category, the following pattern will come in CDS 2019 exam:
|English||2 hours only||100|
|General Knowledge||2 hours only||100|
In addition, the maximum marks given by UPSC to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Indian Military Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy.
The examination set by the UPSC will be objective type only. Every question will have 4 options where the candidate has to select only one. Every right answer will give 1 mark and for the wrong answer, ½ marks will be deducted.
In a case, more than one answer is marked then 1/3 of marks will be deducted. Again, in a case, if there is no answer then no negative marking.
This paper will come in English and Hindi language. Moreover, the successful candidates will not allow using their calculator in the exam.
Syllabus for CDS 2019 exam
The Syllabus for CDS 2019 exam will cover a wide list. The question paper will be set according to the prescribed syllabus only. The candidates are requested to prepare for the CDS exam from this syllabus only.
The subjects that will cover by the CDS 2019 syllabus are mentioned below:
- General Knowledge
- Elementary Mathematics
The fact is that there are two stages for the CDS exam. In the first stage, candidates are evaluated on the basis of written test and in stage II, the candidates will have to go interview process.
Both these stages are required to complete to get the result. The final assessment will be done by the Interviewing Officer or IO, Group Testing Officer or GTO, and the Psychologist.
To get the syllabus of CDS 2019 exam I and II, kindly click on the following links.
How to check CDS result online?
In this digital era, one can check the result online by way of checking to the official web portal of UPSC. Let’s follow the following steps to get the result:
- Open the official website of UPSC
- Then navigate to the “CDS Results” link which is mentioned in the What’s New section of the website
- Now submit the details as mentioned over there.
- Now fill up the roll number or registration ID as mentioned.
If you got your name or roll number in the list then you are eligible for the SSB interview.
Hence to prepare for Combined Defence Service 2019 is not daunting. It is a significant exam which would help the candidates to achieve reputed government positions.
To crack this exam is simple if you take the help of the above guide. Moreover, you can click on the links available to experience the accurate information. In a case, you have any query, feel free to write down your question in the comment box mentioned below.