CENTAC 2021: CENTAC is a state level examination conducted once a year by CENTAC (Centralized Admission Committee), Puducherry. Students are allotted seat via CENTAC into courses such as Engineering & pharmacy. The candidates will be admitted based on their 12th level scores. It is to be noted that there won’t be any separate entrance exam. This article gives detailed information regarding CENTAC 2021 that includes exam dates, application process, eligibility criteria, pattern, syllabus and more.
CENTAC 2021 Exam Dates
CENTAC 2021 events and respective dates are given below:
|Application Form starts||3rd week of May 2021|
|Deadline for the application form||4th week of June 2021|
|Submission of hard copy||3rd week of June 2021|
|Merit list releases||3rd week of July 2021|
|Counselling commences||1st week of August 2021|
|Counselling date (other state candidates)||4th week of August 2021|
CENTAC 2021 Application Form
Students can read about CENTAC 2021 application form from here:
- The CENTAC 2021 application form will commence from the third week of May 2021 via online. There won’t be any offline facility.
- Students must fill in information like personal, communication, etc.
- Photographs & signature of the candidates should be uploaded in the prescribed format should be uploaded.
- In case of mistakes, while filling the application form, the authority will allow the correction window for a limited time.
- Deadline for the application form will be till the fourth week of June 2021.
- Candidates must download & take copies of completed application form for further use.
- The documents required at the time of filling application form:
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Nationality Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Permanent Integrated Certificate
- Special category certificate (if needed)
- Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Sports Certificate
- Payment Receipt
- NEET rank card
- Applicants must send the completed hard copy of the application form to the address given below:
[ The Coordinate, CENTAC, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry- 605014. ]
The payment of application fee can be made via online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking. The paid fee will be non-refundable. Applicants can go through the structure of fee given below according to each course:
|No. of course||General Category||Reserved Category|
|For one course||Rs. 600||Rs. 300|
|For two courses||Rs. 900||Rs. 450|
|For three courses||Rs. 1200||Rs. 600|
|For BA LLB course||Rs. 600||Rs. 300|
CENTAC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can check the CENTAC 2021 eligibility norms from here:
- Nationality: Indian applicants living in Puducherry are eligible.
- Domicile: Must possess the domicile of Puducherry state.
MBBS/ BDS/ B.V.Sc. /A.H/ B.P.T. Programme
- Qualification: Applicants must qualify 12th/ HSC examination from any recognized board to be eligible.
- Mandatory Subject: Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, Botany or Zoology with English as a compulsory subject is a must for candidates to be eligible to apply.
- Percentage: Must secure a minimum of 50% marks for general category & 40% for reserved candidates.
- Qualification: Must qualify 12th examination from any recognized board/ institution.
- Mandatory Subject: Must have Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subject along with anyone from Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science subjects.
- Percentage: Applicants must secure at least 45% marks for general category students (40% for reserved category)
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in qualifying exam are also eligible for the examination.
CENTAC 2021 Merit List
CENTAC 2021 Merit List will be released for all course except for MBBS & BDS published by CENTAC; it will be released differently per course. In case of Government Quota Seats & Management Quota Seats, a separate merit list will be issued. Candidates can raise objections/challenge answer in the draft merit list which will be published by the authority. Candidates will be ranked accordingly & if two students have the same rank in Common Merit List (CML), then an inter-se-merit list will be published by the authority.
CENTAC 2021 Cut Off
CENTAC 2021 Cut-Off will be released on the official website online based on 12th level. It will differ per course. Cut off is the minimum marks to be scored by candidates to get admission in the participating colleges in Puducherry. Cut off will depend on various factor seat availability, the difficulty level of exam, & previous year cut-off etc.
CENTAC 2021 Reservation
CENTAC 2021 Reservation criteria for U.T. of Puducherry candidates will be different, as mentioned in the following table:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslim (BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Backward Tribes (B.T.)||1%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||16%|
|Children/ Grand Children of Freedom Fighters (F.F.)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-serviceman (EX)||1% for MBBS|
3% for all courses
|Person with Disabilities (PwD)||3%|
|Meritorious in Sports (S.P.)||1%|
CENTAC 2021 Counselling
CENTAC 2021 Counselling will be online. It includes three rounds, First Round, Second Round, and Mop-up Round. Qualified candidates will get an SMS or email informing about the counselling. OTP will be sent during the various counselling process. Students must submit original documents for verification during counselling. Qualified students can opt for the course & college of their choice & also pay the counselling fee. Unless or until notified to the students there will not be mock allotment.
CENTAC 2021 Admission
CENTAC 2021 Admission will be based on the 12th level examination & basis of scores of NEET in MBBS/ BDS courses. Based on provisional seats will be allotted. Students must report at the right time if not, it will lead to cancelling of their seats. The original certificates along with photocopies to be submitted at the time of counselling for verification are given below:
- 10th Mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th Mark sheet & passing certificate
- Residence certificate
- Counselling call letter
- CENTAC 2020 application form
- Category certificate
- Photo ID Proof
- NEET Scorecard