CGPSC 2021: The full form of CGPSC is Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission. CGPSC has released the official notification for state civil services exam 2021. All candidates who wish to apply for the service shall immediately check the eligibility conditions and apply on the official website before the deadline is reached. This article gives detail information about CGPSC 2021 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result and more.
CGPSC 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below all the important dates of CGPSC 2021 for various events:
|Release of Official Notification||26 November 2020|
|Online Application Registration Start||14 December 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||12 January 2021|
|Correction Facility Online Form||Last week of January 2021|
|Issue of Prelims Admit Card||February 2021|
|CGPSC 2021 Prelims Exam||14 February 2021|
|Prelims Exam Result||To be announced soon|
|CGPSC 2021 Mains Exam||18, 19, 20 and 21 June 2021|
|Result Declaration||To be announced soon|
CGPSC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check CGPSC Eligibility Criteria before filling up an application form.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. Interstate candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have attained graduation from a recognized university of India. Also, candidates who have passed a minimum bachelor’s degree of three years are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidate must be a minimum age of 21 years; the maximum age limit is 30 years.
- Age Relaxation: For candidates whose, DOMICILE or place of stay is Chhattisgarh can claim age relaxation. Such candidates can claim age relaxation of up to 5 years in the upper age limit.
- Number of Attempts: There is ‘No’ specification for a number of attempts a candidate can make, provided they follow the age bracket correctly.
CGPSC 2021 Application Form
Candidates who are willing to apply for CGPSC 2021 shall make an ONLINE application by clicking on the relevant link on the website. Only ONLINE applications sent from the website shall be considered. No other mode of submitting the application form shall be entertained. Follow these guidelines to make online submission of application:
- Visit the CGPSC official website – psc.cg.gov.in
- Register yourself with valid Id details.
- Login with the registered Id.
- Click on the link that helps candidates make ONLINE application submission.
- Check all details to be entered in the application.
- Enter all relevant and verifiable details.
- Upload photograph and scanned signature in the relevant sections of the application.
- Cross check and verify all the details.
- Submit the application.
- Make note of the reference id received with the acknowledgement received for application submission.
The CGPSC 2021 application fee can be paid either in ONLINE mode or OFFLINE mode. They can pay through net banking/ debit card/ credit card in the online mode. In the offline mode, they can remit the fee in cash at any designated SBI branch and obtain a challan for the same. Later the same challan number can be entered in the application form. The fee details vary for every category. The fee may vary year to year based on the discretion of the Chhattisgarh State Commission. Fees once paid to the commission is nonrefundable under any circumstances. Below are the fees are given for the various categories:
- General categories – INR 400
- SC/ST Candidates of Chhattisgarh state – INR 300
- OBC and persons with disabilities of Chhattisgarh state – INR 300.
CGPSC 2021 Exam Pattern
The CGPSC 2021 follows the three-tier exam pattern consisting of the Prelims, Mains, and Interview round.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- CGPSC Prelims exam consists of two papers.
- Paper -I is the General Studies, and Paper-II is the General Aptitude.
- Both papers are objective types with multiple-choice questions.
- Each paper carries 200 marks and are conducted for two hours each.
Mains Exam Pattern
The mains exam is descriptive in nature and consists of 7 papers. All papers are compulsory to attempt. Total marks for Mains is 1400.
|Paper I||General Language||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper II||General Essay||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper III||History, Constitution and Public Administration||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper IV||Science, Technology and Environment||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper V||Economics and Geography||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper VI||Mathematics and Logical Ability||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper VII||Philosophy and Sociology||200 Marks||3 hours|
- The interview is conducted for 150 marks.
- It is conducted to test the candidate’s mental ability to solve problems, decision-making ability, subject area understanding, choice of specialization at graduation level, etc.
- Leadership, intellectual ability of the candidate, plus interpersonal skills of the candidate are also tested in this round.
CGPSC 2021 Syllabus
Candidates should have a good and thorough understanding of the syllabus to fetch good marks in the exam. Below we have provided CGPSC Syllabus in detail.
- Paper I: Consists of two parts, Part-I and Part-II. Part-I mostly deals with the basic understanding of subjects like history, geography, economics, general science, etc. Part-II deals with the current affairs and general knowledge aspects of Chhattisgarh state alone.
- Paper II: Analytical and logical reasoning, Maths problems, Numerical problems based on data interpretation, Comprehension and related questions.
- Paper I: Language
- Questions can be framed about the local languages of Chhattisgarh
- Also about general English usage
- Questions on Sanskrit language and Hindi language
- Paper II: Essay
- Candidates shall be expected to write two essays from the given list of topics.
- Paper III: General Studies-I
- History of India and Chhattisgarh in particular
- Indian national movement
- Constitution of India
- Public administration concepts and understanding
- Paper IV: General Studies-II
- Questions on the growth of science and technology
- Elementary science knowledge
- Basic understanding of general science
- Environmental studies
- Paper V: General Studies-III
- Geography of India
- Geographical demographics of Chhattisgarh in particular
- Economics and the planning commission
- Agriculture, natural resources of India
- Mineral and wildlife distribution etc
- Paper VI: General Studies-IV
- Binary system
- Coordinate geometry
- Reasoning in numerical
- Data analysis
- Algorithms in maths
- Paper VII: General Studies-V
- Art and cultural inclination of Chhattisgarh
- Sociology aspects of the state
- Languages of Chhattisgarh
CGPSC 2021 Admit Card
Almost ten days before the actual commencement of the exam, the admit card shall be made available for download on the official website. This is because candidates can report any discrepancies in their admit cards with the commission in the time present before the exam. The admit card is an essential document that should be carried to the examination hall without fail. Any candidate fails to bring the admit card to the examination hall shall not be allowed to sit for the exam. The step by step process to download CGPSC 2021 Admit Card is given below
- Visit the official website and login with the correct details.
- Check if the download link for the admit card has been activated.
- If yes, then enter a valid registration number, date of birth, and captcha code, if any.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
- Download/ take a print copy of the admit card.
CGPSC 2021 Cut off
The CGPSC 2021 cut off marks for the prelims and mains are specified by the commission on the official website soon after the results are declared. Interview round doesn’t demand a cut off percentage as the eminent panel of interviewers purely decides it. The cut off marks decided by the commission rests on the following factors: number of vacant positions quoted for the year, number of applicants, number of applicants who cleared the round, difficulty aspects of the paper etc.
CGPSC 2021 Result
The CGPSC 2021 Result can be downloaded from the official website after each round of examination. Along with the result, the commission usually displays the answer key as well as the cut off marks for the convenience of the applied candidates. Steps to follow to check Chhattisgarh Civil Service Exam Result are as follows:
- Login on the official website – psc.cg.gov.in
- Go to the results section.
- Click on the appropriate link for checking the result of the concerned exam.
- Enter registration id and date of birth.
- The results shall be displayed.
- Download/ save/ print mark sheet.
CGPSC 2021 Preparation Tips
- Begin preparation as early as five months before the actual commencement of the exam. Prelims and mains preparation should go hand in hand.
- Prepare well for current affairs as it covers the majority of the portion. Refer to the internet and other good sources for general knowledge and current affairs.
- Develop a proper study time table with specified time schedules and follow them. Solve CGPSC previous year question paper.
- CGPSC does not depend too much on memorising things, understand the concepts, and explain/present them well in the paper.
- Self-evaluation or analyzing where one is doing right and going wrong helps in the long term for the candidate.
- Maintain a positive attitude and attempt the exam with much confidence.
Best Books for CGPSC 2021 Preparation
- World History by Norman Lowe
- Concise History of Modern India by Sujata Menon
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Constitution of India by PM Bakshi
- Study materials available from NIOS resources.
- Newspapers like Hindu and one local newspaper.
- NCERT Textbooks from class 6th to 12th