Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission or CGPSC has published and already released the official notification for state civil services exam 2020. This exam is also called the Chhattisgarh Combined Competitive Examination or CCE in a short form. All candidates who wish to apply for the services shall immediately check the eligibility conditions and apply on the official website before the deadline is reached. The official website of the commission is psc.cg.gov.in.
In this article, we give you a detailed overview of the CGPSC 2020 notification including exam dates, online application form, application fees, eligibility conditions, admit card details, exam pattern, syllabus, cut off, results, vacancies, preparation tips, and the best books to refer for CGPSC.
CGPSC 2020 – Important Dates
Here in this section, we guide you on the most important exam dates starting with the release of the official notification on the website, take a look:
|Important Events||Dates to follow|
|Release of official notification in website||23rd November 2019|
|Online Submission of the Application start date||06th December 2019|
|Deadline to submit the online application||04th January 2020|
|Preliminary exam date||09th February 2020|
|Mains exam date||Between 17th to 20th June 2020|
CGPSC Online Application Form 2020
Candidates who are willing to apply for CGPSC 2020 exam shall make an ONLINE application by clicking on the relevant link on the website. Only ONLINE applications sent from the website shall be considered. No other mode of submitting the application form shall be entertained. Follow these guidelines to make online submission of application:
Application Form link : http://www.psc.cg.gov.in/htm/online_application.html
- Click on the homepage and register yourself with valid ID details.
- Login with the registered ID.
- Click on the link that helps candidates make ONLINE application submission.
- Check all details to be entered in the application.
- Enter all relevant and verifiable details.
- Upload photograph and scanned signature in the relevant sections of the application.
- Cross check and verify all the details.
- Submit the application.
- Make note of the reference id received with the acknowledgment received for application submission.
Intrested candidates trying to attempt IAS Exam? Read this article: IAS Exam.
The fee details vary for every category. The fee may vary year to year based on the discretion of the Chhattisgarh State Commission. Fees once paid to the commission is nonrefundable under any circumstances. Below are the fees given for the various categories:
- For general categories – INR 400
- SC/ST Candidates of Chhattisgarh state – INR 300
- OBC and persons with disabilities of Chhattisgarh state – INR 300.
Fees can be paid either in ONLINE mode or OFFLINE mode. They can pay through net banking/ debit card/ credit card in the online mode. In the offline mode, they can remit the fee in Cash at any designated SBI branch and obtain a challan for the same. Later the same challan number can be entered in the application form.
CGPSC Admit Card 2020
Almost ten days before the actual commencement of the exam, the admit card shall be made available for download on the official site. This is because candidates can report any discrepancies in their admit cards with the commission in the time present before the exam.
The admit card is an essential document that should be carried to the examination hall without fail. Any candidate failing to bring the admit card to the exam hall shall not be allowed to sit for the exam.
Following are the steps to download the admit card
- Visit the official site and login with the correct details.
- Check if the download link for the admit card has been activated.
- If yes, then enter a valid registration number, date of birth, and captcha code, if any.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
- Download/ take a print copy of the admit card.
CGPSC Eligibility Criteria
- All citizens of India are allowed to attempt the examination.
- Interstate candidates/ Candidates from other states are also encouraged to apply.
- All candidates who have attained graduation from a recognized university can apply.
- All candidates who have passed a minimum bachelor’s degree of three years are eligible to apply.
- Any qualification that is equivalent to graduation and that which is recognized by the government shall be considered too.
- Candidates who have written the final year exams and awaiting results shall also apply for the exam.
- Minimum age limit: 21 years
- Maximum age limit: 30 years.
- For candidates whose, DOMICILE or place of stay is Chhattisgarh can claim age relaxation. Such candidates can claim age relaxation of up to 5 years in the upper age limit.
Number of Attempts
- There is no specification for a number of attempts a candidate can make, provided they follow the age bracket correctly.
CGPSC Exam Pattern
The CGPSC civil services 2020 exam follows the 3 tier exam pattern consisting of the prelims, mains, and the interview round.
- It consists of two papers.
- Paper 1 is the general studies paper, and paper two is the general aptitude paper.
- Both papers are objective types of papers with multiple-choice questions.
- Both papers carry 200 marks each.
- Both papers are conducted for two hours each.
- The mains exam consists of 7 papers.
- All papers are compulsory.
- There are no optional papers for candidates to select from.
- All papers are conducted for 200 marks each.
- Duration of each paper is three hours.
|Paper I||General Language Paper||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper II||General Essay paper||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper III||Paper based on History, Constitution and Public Administration||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper IV||Paper based on Science, Technology and Environment||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper V||Paper based on Economics and Geography||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper VI||Paper based on Mathematics and Logical Ability||200 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper VII||Paper based on Philosophy and Sociology||200 Marks||3 hours|
Total marks for Mains is 1400
- The interview is conducted for 150 marks.
- It is conducted to test the candidate’s mental ability to solve problems, decision-making ability, subject area understanding, choice of specialization at graduation level, etc.
- Leadership, intellectual ability of the candidate, plus interpersonal skills of the candidate are also tested in this round.
CGPSC SYLLABUS 2020
Candidates should have a good and thorough understanding of the syllabus in order to fetch good marks in the exam. Although the syllabus indicated here is in brief, candidates are advised to download the complete and detailed syllabus in PDF format and go through it. In this section, we explain the most important aspects of each round of the exam:
Paper 1: Consists of two parts part 1 and part 2.
- Part 1 mostly deals with the basic understanding of subjects like history, geography, economics, general science, etc.
- Part 2 deals with the current affairs and general knowledge aspects of Chhattisgarh state alone.
Paper 2: Consists of civil services aptitude paper or CSAT
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- maths problems
- numerical problems based on data interpretation
- Comprehension and related questions.
Paper 1: Language paper
- Questions can be framed about the local languages of Chhattisgarh
- Also about general English usage
- Questions on Sanskrit language and Hindi language
Paper 2: Essay paper
Candidates shall be expected to write two essays from the given list of topics.
Paper 3: General studies 1 paper
- History of India and Chhattisgarh in particular
- Indian national movement
- Constitution of India
- Public administration concepts and understanding
Paper 4: General studies 2 paper
- Questions on the growth of science and technology
- Elementary science knowledge
- Basic understanding of general science
- Environmental studies
Paper 5: General studies 3 paper
- Geography of India
- Geographical demographics of Chhattisgarh in particular
- Economics and the planning commission
- Agriculture, natural resources of India
- Mineral and wildlife distribution etc
Paper 6: General studies 4 paper
- Binary system
- Coordinate geometry
- Reasoning in numerical
- Data analysis
- Algorithms in maths
Paper 7: General studies 5 paper
- Art and cultural inclination of Chhattisgarh
- Sociology aspects of the state
- Languages of Chhattisgarh
The cut off marks for the prelims are specified by the commission on the official website soon after the results are declared. Cut off marks are applicable for mains as well. But interview round doesn’t demand a cut off percentage as the eminent panel of interviewers purely decides it. The cut off marks decided by the commission rests on the following factors:
- The number of vacant positions quoted for the year
- Number of applicants
- Number of applicants who cleared the round
- Difficulty aspects of the paper etc.
Results can be downloaded from the official website after each round of examination. Along with the results, the commission usually displays the key answers as well as the cut off marks for the convenience of the applied candidates. Steps to follow to check results are as follows:
- Login on the official site.
- Go to the results section.
- Click on the appropriate link for checking the result of the concerned exam.
- Enter registration id and date of birth.
- The results shall be displayed.
- Download/ save/ print mark sheet.
The total vacancies for the posts indicated below for the year 2020 is given category-wise:
|Position Name||General||OBC||SC||ST||Total vacancies|
|State Civil Services Post||07||02||02||04||15|
|State Police Services Post||10||01||02||04||11|
|State Finance Services Post||04||01||02||04||11|
|Food Supplies & Consumer Protection Department Officer Post||01||0||01||0||01|
|Assistant Director/District level Women & Child Development Officer Post||0||0||0||01||01|
|Assistant Director Post||02||0||01||02||05|
|Child Development Project Officer Post||04||02||0||03||09|
|C.G. Subordinate officer under Accounts Service||06||01||02||05||27|
|Assistant Superintendent officer of Land Records||07||03||03||06||19|
|Nayab Tehsildar Post||05||02||02||05||14|
|Excise Sub Inspector Post||02||02||01||04||12|
|Deputy Registrar Post||0||0||0||01||01|
|Commercial Tax Inspector Post||07||02||02||06||17|
|Cooperative Inspector Post/Cooperative Extension Officer Post||02||04||04||10||30|
|Assistant Jail Officer Post||03||01||01||02||07|
Preparation tips for CGPSC civil services
- Begin preparation as early as five months before the actual commencement of the exam.
- Prelims and mains preparation should go hand in hand.
- Prepare well for current affairs as it covers the majority of the portion.
- Refer to the internet and other good sources for general knowledge and current affairs.
- Science and technology also make a great share of general studies papers. Concentrate and study from good books.
- Develop a proper study time table with specified time schedules and follow them.
- CGPSC does not depend too much on memorising things, understand the concepts, and explain/present them well in the paper.
- Self-evaluation or analyzing where one is doing right and going wrong helps in the long term for the candidate.
- Maintain a positive attitude and attempt the exam with much confidence.
Best Books to prepare for CGPSC civil service exam
- Book on world history by Norman Lowe
- Book on the concise history of modern India by Sujata Menon
- Book on Indian art and culture by Nitin Singhania
- Fundamentals of human geography, study from NCERT textbooks
- Constitution of India by PM Bakshi
- Study materials available from NIOS resources.
- Newspapers like Hindu and one local newspaper.
Also, Read Other State Civil Services 2020 Articles