The CGPSC has revealed an employment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor vacancies in different disciplines. Only eligible and interested candidates can get the admission in these vacancies. Moreover, the selection process for the qualified candidates will be done based on performance in preliminary exam, written test, & interview. The candidates can apply to get recruitment notifications for Superintendent and Director, etc.
The main intention of establishing of the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) is to choose the best and most competent candidates for civil services and government jobs in Chhattisgarh after analysing their performance and merits.
The Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission has revealed different employment notifications for state government organisations. This commission has authorised to announce the results and provisional allotments to all qualified candidates.
CGPSC Exam Dates 2019
|CGPSC State Service Examination||Important Date|
|Start date of application form||07 Dec 2018|
|Last date to fill up the application form||05 Jan 2019|
|Date to get admit card||08 Feb 2019|
|Start date of the preliminary exam||17 Feb 2019|
|Declaration of prelims result||Tentative date|
|Start date of main examination||21, 22, 23, & 24 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of the main result||Tentative date|
|Issue date of admit card for the interview||Tentative date|
|Conduction of the interview||Tentative date|
Eligibility Criteria for GCPSC Exam
As per Nationality
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
As per Age Limit
- The interested candidates must have obtained a minimum age of 21 years and must not become over the age of 30 years.
- For candidates, domicile/permanent residents of the State of Chhattisgarh, the maximum age of interested candidates shall be extended to 35 years.
- It should be noted that the State Government may vary the lower and upper age limits anytime in these rules seeking to the exigencies of the services.
- For the candidates’ domicile of Chhattisgarh coming under categories- SC or ST, OBC will get five years of age relaxation.
- Three years age relaxation is provided to candidates coming under the following categories-
- Who had from Burma and got migrated to India on or after 1st June 1963
- Who had from Srilanka and got migrated to India after 1st November 1964
- For widow candidates for their first appointment, 5 years age relaxation.
- For candidates having Green Card in his/ her name under the Family Welfare Programme, 2 years age relaxation.
- For candidates who are the forward partner of a prize-winning couple under the Intercaste Marriage Scheme, 5 years age relaxation has offered.
- For defence service personnel who got disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, 3 years age relaxation.
- For candidates honoured with the Shaheed Rajeev Pandey Award or Gundadhur Samman or Rashtriya Yuva awarded 5 years age relaxation.
As per the Education Qualification
- The interested candidates must carry a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- The candidates having professional and technical qualifications wherein recognised by the State Government, which are equivalent to a professional.
- The Candidates who have appeared at an examination, but the result is still awaited. Moreover, the passing of the exam would render them educationally qualified for the commission’s Main examination. It should be noted that those candidates should be eligible for the preliminary exams only.
GCPSC Exam Application form
To attempt the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission 2019, it is compulsory to fill up the application form. In addition, it should be noted that at the time of filling up the application form of the GCPSC exam 2019, the candidates should take the help of online mode. The fact is that offline modes are not accepted. To fill up the GCPSC application form, kindly follow the below-written steps:
- Open the official website of GCPSC
- Select and download the GCPSC application form
- Fill up all options carefully and finally submit the fee asked
The application form for CGPSC State Service Exam 2019 for General category is Rs. 400/- and for SC (Scheduled Caste) or ST (Scheduled Tribe) or OBC (Other Backward Classes), PH (Physically Handicapped), the application fee will be Rs. 300/-
CGPSC Admit Card 2019
Before attempting Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission exam 2019, the interested candidates are considered to download Admit card for the preliminary exam and Mains examination as well.
To download the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission 2019 exam admit card, the candidates are considered to take the help of the official web portal of Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission.
In addition, the admit card can issue before weeks of the examination date, but it is compulsory to download it before stepping inside the examination hall, else candidates will get denied to attempt the CGPSC 2019 exam.
CGPSC 2019 Pattern of exam
The CGPSC State Services 2019 Exam has 3 stages:
- CGPSC Prelims Exam
- CGPSC Main Exam
CGPSC Prelims Exam
The preliminary examination CGPSC has objective type questions. It has two compulsory papers. Both will be of two hours duration. Both papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions. The candidates will get five choices of answers for each question. Moreover, negative marking will be done for wrong answers.
For the first question paper: There will be General Studies related 100 questions. The total marks will be 200 and durations will be two hours). If you will give the wrong answer, then 1/3 marks from the correct answer will be deducted. Hence, be careful and try to avoid doubted questions.
For the second question paper: There will be Aptitude Test related 100 questions. The total marks will be 200 and duration will be two hours). If you will give the wrong answer, then 1/3 marks from the correct answer will be deducted.
CGPSC Mains Examination
The Mains exam CGPSC 2019 consists of seven papers and nature of these exams will be conventional in nature (short/medium/long) type. Every paper will be of 200 marks and the duration will be 3 hours. It should be noted that all the paper except Language paper might be answered in either Hindi or English as selected by the candidate.
Moreover, in the essay paper, the candidates have to attempt two essays, one for related to a National level problem and others related to the state of Chhattisgarh.
Interview or Personality Test
Once completed the above two exams, the neat would be the personality test. This test will be given on the basis of the merit list based on the marks obtained in the Mains Examination. Moreover, the interview round will be of 150 marks and final merit list of candidates will be based on the cumulative marks obtained in Mains Exam and Interview.
Syllabus for CGPSC State service exam
Syllabus for Prelims Exam
The first or Prelims exam consists of two papers:
Paper I: In this, the candidates have to study general studies which are further divided into two parts. The Part I consists of the Static portion and current affairs and part 2 consists of General knowledge of Chhattisgarh
Syllabus for Mains Exam
The Main examination will contain seven papers:
Paper I will be the Language paper. It has subjects like General Hindi, General Sanskrit, General English, and Chhattisgarh Language
Paper II will be an Essay paper. It will have two parts- Problems of National Level and Problems of state of Chhattisgarh
Paper III consists of five parts- History of India, Indian National Movement, History of Chhattisgarh and Contribution of Chhattisgarh in National Movement, Constitution of India, and Public Administration
Paper IV will have 5 parts- Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Technology, and Environment
Paper V will have 5 parts -Indian Economics, Planning in India, Geography of Chhattisgarh, Economics of Chhattisgarh and Agriculture, Forest, Industry and Natural Resource of Chhattisgarh
Paper VI will have 5 parts- Rational Numbers, Coordinate Geometry, Binary digit system, Algorithm method, Data Analysis – Mathematical operation Basic numeric, Mathematical operation Basic numeric, and Logical Reasoning
Paper VII will consist of 5 parts- Indian Philosophy and Yog, Sociology, Tribes of Chhattisgarh, Art of Chhattisgarh, and Culture of Chhattisgarh
How to Prepare for CGPSC exam 2019?
Preparing for the CGPSC exam will be effective only if you would indulge in Self-assessment. Make sure to plan your studies at least six months before the exam.
The fact is that questions can be asked from any book or any subject, thus it is not suggested to omit any chapter or area. Moreover, you should practice for the same as many as you can. Make sure to attempt mock tests as possible.
Moreover, make sure to remind the following factors while preparing for the CGPSC exam 2019:
- You should be comfortable with Chhattisgarhi language and culture. The fact is that it will be the principal part of the syllabus.
- Arrange a suitable timetable, thereby you can cover the whole syllabus within the times left with you.
- Make sure to follow THE HINDU newspaper and also concentrate on local newspapers because these would update you with the current affairs. Moreover, try to follow YOJNA such as magazines for government policies.
Hence, if you would follow the above procedure and tips, then surely you would crack this exam.