CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2021: The Directorate of Minority Welfare under the Government of Kerala offers the CH Muhammed Koya scholarships for Muslim girls. This scholarship is specifically offered to Latin/ Muslim/ Christians of Kerala. These candidates must belong to the economically deprived classes to claim benefits under this scholarship. Candidates who are pursuing the 1st year of their undergraduate courses in either government or government aided educational institutions can apply for this scholarship. This article gives detail information about CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal process, application status, result, rewards and benefits.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2021
|Provided by||Directorate of Minority Welfare (Government of Kerala)|
|Scholarship Name||CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||Girls belonging to Latin/ Muslim/ Christians communities of Kerala can apply.|
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship – Key Dates
The general timeline for CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship is after October/ November.
|Application Start Date||December 2021|
|Last Date of Application Submission||December 31, 2021|
|Renewal Application Start Date||October 2021|
|Last Date of Renewal Application Submission||November 2021|
|Verification and Approval||November 2021|
|Disbursement of Scholarship||November/December|
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Muslim girls belonging to the state of Kerala are eligible to apply.
- Latin and Converted Christian community girls from Kerala can also apply.
- Candidate must be presently doing her 1st year in any under graduation course and should be desirous to pursue higher education at any government or government aided educational institutions of Kerala.
- Candidate who has appeared for entrance exams like CET and sought admission under merit category are also eligible.
- The minimum marks to be obtained in the qualifying exams by the candidate are 50% and more.
- Annual family income of candidate to be less than INR 8 lakhs
- Candidates may apply for hostel stipend too, provided the hostel falls under the list of government recognized hostels
- Candidates may either opt for hostel stipend or this scholarship, but not both.
- Candidates should have a valid bank account with a nationalized bank in their own name.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2021 Application Process
Candidates can apply to the CH Mohammed Koya scholarships through the minority website of the government of Kerala. The step-wise application process is explained below:
- Visit the official website – [www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in]
- Traverse to the section “Types of Scholarships” indicated on the homepage.
- Select ‘C H Muhammed Koya Scholarships’ in the drop down list.
- Read the complete instructions following the scholarship.
- Click on “Apply Online” and fill the registration form related with the scholarship.
- Enter your candidate details, educational details, income details and other details requested.
- Click on “Submit button” to forward the registration form.
- With the registered credentials, log into the portal to access the scholarship application form. You can click on the fresh application OR renewal application.
- Later, enter all mandatory data in the application form.
- Alongside, upload all required documents to support your application form.
- Validate all details.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy print out of the submitted application form.
- The hard copy of this submitted form and the supporting documents need to be sent to the respective educational institution for further verification and processing.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship – Key Documents
The CH Mohammed Koya scholarship requires candidates to upload scanned documents in required size and format. Also, a hard copy of the same needs to be attached with the application form and submitted to the verification officer present at the respective educational institutions. Candidates need to know the list of documents to be submitted:
- Class 10th mark sheets and certificates
- Income certificate
- Minority certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bank passbook details of the candidate
- Aadhaar card of student
- Domicile certificate
- Bonafide letter from the educational institution where candidate is studying currently
- ID card copy issued by educational institution
[All documents need to be presented in photocopies and attested by a gazette officer of the government of India.]
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship – Rewards
The CH Muhammed Koya scholarships offer very beneficial and useful grants for encouraging higher education among girls belonging to the minority sects. In this view, the various rewards offered are listed below:
|Study Level||Scholarship Amount|
|For candidates pursuing undergraduate courses||INR 5000|
|For candidates pursuing postgraduate courses||INR 6000|
|For candidates pursuing professional courses||INR 7000|
|Hostel stipend scheme||INR 13000|
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship – Selection Process
The CH Mohammed Koya scholarships are offered after going through a detailed application procedure. The step-wise details of this process are explained below:
- All scholarships are processed on par the guidelines indicated in the Sachar Committee Report
- The respective educational institutions shall filter and process their students’ applications in the first round.
- Selected applications in the first round shall be forwarded to the committee project officer for further processing.
- The project officer will look into various parameters of candidates and decide on the final list of candidates.
- Scholarship amount will be directly released into the beneficiary’s account through the process of DBT.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship – Result
The results of the selected students for the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship grant will be published in the online portal around the months of November – December. The step-wise process to check results are explained below:
- Go to the official website – www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in
- Log in with registered candidate details
- In the homepage, traverse to a section titled “Awarded students list”.
- In the following page, enter details like scholarship type applied for, institution and district to which candidate belongs to, educational institute name etc.
- The final list of selected candidates for the current year 2020 shall be displayed thereafter.
- Alternatively, you can also enter your registration number/ name to check if your name exists in the selected candidates’ list.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2021 Application Status
Candidates who have submitted their applications duly complete in all respects can visit the official website to check the status of their forms. The detailed process to check application status is given below:
- Go to the official website www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in
- Log in with registered candidate details
- In the homepage, traverse to a section titled “Registered Students Status”.
- Enter details like registration number/ name/ scholarship type applied for/ educational institution and other similar details.
- The status of your application can be located against your name, and registration number in the list displayed.
Helpline Number: 0471 – 2300524
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: The Director, Directorate of minority welfare board, Vikas Bhavan, 4th floor, Thiruvananthapuram – 33.