CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2022: The Directorate of Minority Welfare under the Government of Kerala offers the CH Mohammed Koya scholarships for Muslim girls. This scholarship is specifically provided to Latin/ Muslim/ Christians of Kerala. These candidates must belong to the economically deprived classes to claim benefits under this scholarship. Candidates pursuing the 1st year of their undergraduate courses in either government or government aided educational institutions can apply for this scholarship. This article gives detailed information about CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2022, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, the application process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal process, application status, result, rewards, and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2022
|Provided by||Directorate of Minority Welfare (Government of Kerala)|
|Scholarship Name||CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship|
|Last Date of Application||October 30, 2022 (Tentative)|
|Eligible Standards||Girls belonging to Latin/ Muslim/ Christians communities of Kerala can apply.|
Eligibility for CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
- Muslim girls belonging to the state of Kerala are eligible to apply.
- Latin and Converted Christian community girls from Kerala can also apply.
- The candidate must be presently doing her 1st year in any under graduation course and should be desirous of pursuing higher education at any government or government aided educational institution of Kerala.
- A candidate who has appeared for entrance exams like CET and sought admission under the merit category is eligible.
- The minimum marks to be obtained in the qualifying exams by the candidate are 50% and more.
- Annual family income of candidate to be less than INR 8 lakhs
- Candidates may also apply for a hostel stipend, provided the hostel falls under the list of government-recognized hostels.
- Candidates may either opt for a hostel stipend or this scholarship, but not both.
- Candidates should have a valid bank account with a nationalized bank in their name.
How to Apply for CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2022
Candidates can apply to the CH Muhammed Koya scholarships through the minority website of the government of Kerala. The step-wise application process is explained below:
- Visit the official website – [www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in]
- Traverse to the section “Types of Scholarships” indicated on the homepage.
- Select ‘CH Muhammed Koya Scholarships’ in the drop-down list.
- Read the complete instructions following the scholarship.
- Click on “Apply Online” and fill out the registration form related to the scholarship.
- Enter your candidate details, educational details, income details, and other details requested.
- Click on the “Submit button” to forward the registration form.
- Log in to the portal to access the scholarship application form with the registered credentials. You can click on the fresh application OR renewal application.
- Later, enter all mandatory data in the application form.
- Alongside, upload all required documents to support your application form.
- Validate all details.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy printout of the submitted application form.
- The hard copy of this submitted form and the supporting documents need to be sent to the respective educational institution for further verification and processing.
Documents Required for CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
The CH Mohammed Koya scholarship requires candidates to upload scanned documents in required size and format. Also, a hard copy of the same needs to be attached with the application form and submitted to the verification officer present at the respective educational institutions. Candidates need to know the list of documents to be submitted:
- Class 10th mark sheets and certificates
- Income certificate
- Minority certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bank passbook details of the candidate
- Aadhaar card of student
- Domicile certificate
- Bonafide letter from the educational institution where candidate is studying currently
- ID card copy issued by educational institution
[All documents need to be presented in photocopies and attested by a gazette officer of the government of India.]
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship Application Status
Candidates who have submitted their applications duly complete in all respects can visit the official website to check the status of their forms. The detailed process to check application status is given below:
- Go to the official website www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in.
- Log in with registered candidate details.
- On the homepage, traverse to the “Registered Students Status” section.
- Enter details like registration number/ name/ scholarship type applied for/ educational institution and other similar details.
- The status of your application can be located against your name and registration number in the list displayed.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship – Rewards
The CH Muhammed Koya scholarships offer beneficial grants for encouraging higher education among girls belonging to minority sects. In this view, the various rewards offered are listed below:
|Study Level||Scholarship Amount|
|For candidates pursuing undergraduate courses||INR 5000|
|For candidates pursuing postgraduate courses||INR 6000|
|For candidates pursuing professional courses||INR 7000|
|Hostel stipend scheme||INR 13000|
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship – Selection Process
The step-wise details of this process are explained below:
- All scholarships are processed on par the guidelines indicated in the Sachar Committee Report
- The respective educational institutions shall filter and process their students’ applications in the first round.
- Selected applications in the first round shall be forwarded to the committee project officer for further processing.
- The project officer will look into various parameters of candidates and decide on the final list of candidates.
- The scholarship amount will be directly released into the beneficiary’s account through the process of DBT.
CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship – Result
The results of the selected students for the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship grant will be published in the online portal around November – December. The step-wise process to check results are explained below:
- Go to the official website – www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in.
- Log in with registered candidate details.
- On the homepage, traverse to an “Awarded students list” section.
- On the following page, enter details like scholarship type applied for, institution and district to which candidate belongs, educational institute name, etc.
- The final list of selected candidates for 2022 shall be displayed after that.
- Alternatively, you can also enter your registration number/ name to check if your name exists in the selected candidates’ list.
Helpline Number: 0471 – 2300524
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: The Director, Directorate of minority welfare board, Vikas Bhavan, 4th floor, Thiruvananthapuram – 33.