Essay on Children’s Day: In India, November 14th, the birth anniversary of the first prime minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is fondly celebrated as Children’s Day. Nehru had immense love and faith in the country’s children and advocated policies for their good education. Teachers and students celebrate the day in their schools by giving various performances and organize fun filled competitions. Together with inspirational talks on Nehru, cultural and sports events are also held as part of the day’s proceedings.
Essay on Children’s Day 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Children’s Day Essay in English, suitable for class 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Children’s Day is celebrated on the 14th of November every year in our country. It is on the commemoration of birth anniversary of the first prime minister of free India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. He was born in Allahabad & was popularly known as Chacha Nehru as he was very fond of children. He always believed that children are building blocks of the nation. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru always stressed on children education as he always believed that children are the future of the nation. He always gave importance to the grooming of children through their proper education.
He always thought that children must be provided with ample opportunities to learn & explore new things. Schools observe this day with great enthusiasm & excitement. Various events are organized like play, dance, song, music, debates, quizzes, sports activities & many more. Few schools also organize field trips to museums, amusement parks, memorials etc. Teachers & parents often shower love & affection through various gestures on this day.
Chocolates, sweets, snacks & gifts are distributed in school. On this day, children are praised & motivated to keep learning. They are often addressed with the importance of education in their lives & for this nation. Several NGOs also celebrate this occasion by extending a helping hand to the unprivileged children. They drive this to bring the moment of happiness & joy among them. Many spend time with children in the orphanage, slum areas & distributes gifts.
Special programs like storytelling, drawing competition, cultural programmes & many more. Children day exclusive shows are also aired on different television channels for the children. Children’s day is a nationwide celebration in which we pay homage to Chacha Nehru. It is a celebration of the vision of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
Children are very compassionate at this age, teaching them the right values will help the nation in a long way. It is an occasion to show love, care & affection to the children irrespective of any social & economic status. It must be remembered what chacha Nehru said- “The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. The way we bring them up will determine the future of the country.”
10 Lines on Children’s Day in English
- Children’s Day is celebrated on the 14th of November every year nationwide.
- It is celebrated on the birth anniversary of our first prime minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- He was very fond of children.
- He was popularly known as Chacha Nehru.
- He always stressed upon the education of children as they are the building blocks of the nation.
- Schools celebrate this occasion with pomp & show.
- Various activities like drawing, cultural program, sports activities, fun activities are organized for children.
- Sweets, snacks, gifts are distributed among children.
- Various NGOs also extend helping hands to celebrate children’s day with underprivileged children.
- It is a celebration to remind of the significant notion of Chacha Nehru that children are the future of the nation.