CLAT Eligibility 2021 must be met by the interested candidates before filling the application form. Common-Law Admission Test called CLAT is an all India level entrance exam. The candidates seeking admission must qualify for this exam to get admission in several UG and PG law programmes. CLAT exam is administered by the Consortium of National Law Universities. The admission shall be provided in 22 Law Universities of the country participating in the admission process. Qualified candidates can gain admission at various universities situated in India. This article specifies all the comprehensive information related to CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2021.
CLAT Eligibility 2021
The entrance exam is regulated to provide admission into LL.M and LL.B courses provided by the country’s 22 law universities. The eligibility criteria of CLAT 2021 enlists the complete details regarding the eligibility requirement for applying for the entrance exam. The candidates must look into the eligibility criteria before proceeding towards the CLAT 2021 application form. The CLAT eligibility criteria 2021 for the candidates are disclosed in a detailed manner in the below section:
- Nationality of the candidates must be Indian.
- NRI candidates can also register for the exam.
- NRIs can directly connect with the participating universities for the admission provision listed under the foreign national candidate category.
- There is no particular upper age limit laid to apply for CLAT 2021.
For the Undergraduate (UG) Course
- Candidates must have qualified in the Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate or equivalent examination of pattern 10+2 grade from a sanctioned board.
- Candidates must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks and 40% marks for SC/ST category.
- Candidates appearing in the 12th exam in March or April 2021 can also apply. Those candidates are required to show the proof of passing the exam during the admission time.
For Postgraduate (PG) Course
- Candidates must hold an LL.B or five-year Integrated LL.B degree from a sanctioned university as directed by the participating universities.
- Candidates must have passed the degree with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks and 50% for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates appearing in the final year exam in April or May 2021 can also apply.
Note: Candidates holding arrears can also register for the exam, but they must clear all the arrears in the near future and show the proof of passing the qualifying exam.
CLAT 2021 Application Form
All the important information related to the CLAT 2021 application form is enclosed in the below section:
- The application form can be procured via online mode.
- Candidates can begin the application form filling process from 1st January 2021.
- The deadline announced by the authority to submit the application form is till 31st March 2021.
- Candidates ought to enter the proper valid email ID and phone number in the application form during registration.
- A passport size photograph and other necessary documents must also be uploaded in the application form.
- The filled application form’s hard copies can be taken and secured for future admission purposes.
Candidates are required to remit the application form fee via online mode.
|General category||Rs. 4000|
|Reserved category||Rs. 3500|