CMAT 2021 Syllabus will be released on the official website by the authorities. Candidates are advised to check the syllabus before preparing for the entrance test. The syllabus is compartmentalised into four parts/subjects. All applicants of CMAT examination must be entirely prepared by knowing the whole syllabus before attending the test. NTA doesn’t publish any official syllabus for the CMAT entrance. However, based on the exam’s previous year question papers, the syllabus and the most frequently asked topics are analysed out. Through this article, candidates can check the complete details regarding CMAT 2021 syllabus and exam pattern and preparation tips to secure better marks.
CMAT 2021 Syllabus
Given below are the syllabus regarding CMAT exam. CMAT 2021 Syllabus consists of four subjects naming respectively as Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, General Awareness and Logical reasoning. CMAT syllabus will also include topics from other branches such as Mathematics, English, and current affairs. Candidate’s ability to solve the problem is also assessed in the examination by asking questions related to analytical and critical reasoning.
The topics related to language comprehension from which the questions will be asked on includes,
- Paragraph Completion, English Usage Errors
- One Word Substitution, Reading Comprehension
- Grammar, Sentence Correction
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Antonyms – Synonyms
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
The topics from which Quantitative techniques and data interpretation will be asked from are:
- Alligations & Mixtures, Probability
- Permutations & Combinations, Profit-loss
- Simple interest & Compound Interest
- Time-calendar, Time-Speed-Distance
- Work & Time, Mensuration, Number System
- Algebra, Geometry
- Sets, Percentages
- Quadratic & Linear Equations, Averages
The questions on the general knowledge will be asked from the given below topics, and they are:
- Current Affairs, History
- Prizes, Persons in News
- Sports, International Affairs
- Indian Constitution
- Culture, Geography
- Economy and Business
- Science & Technology
Candidates must have a basic knowledge about the following topics to secure good marks on logical reasoning subject. The topics are as given below.
- Statement –Conclusion, Symbol-based problems
- Blood relationship test, Assertion-Reasoning
- Inferences, Critical reasoning
- Strong – Weak arguments
- Statements and assumptions
- Series, Coding and decoding
- Cause and effect, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion
- True and False Statements
- Linear arrangements
- Sequences and series
CMAT 2021 syllabus will consist of various topics and knowledge on different subjects. The applicants must be aware of all concepts to score better in the exam. Students are advised to go through every chapter mentioned in the syllabus’s syllabus to understand the concepts deeply and have explicit knowledge about it, prepare better, and score optimum marks in the exam.
CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Below is the tabulated column containing the exam pattern for CMAT 2021 and the expected marking scheme per each subject.
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
- Marking scheme: Candidates will be awarded four marks for every correct answers or response.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
CMAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the given preparation tips to secure and prepare for the CMAT 2021 exam.
- Construct a productive routine.
- Schedule a timetable effectively and follow it.
- Keep notes about the topics and subjects you learn and use sticky notes to memorise points.
- Follow a nutritious and healthy diet—incorporate brain snacks and food to help you retain the memory.
- Prepare from well recognised standard books and study materials.
- Manage time appropriately and sleep at least for about 8 hours daily.
- Practice old question papers of previous years and mock tests to understand how to approach the exam.
- Know your complete syllabus and exam pattern.