CUCET 2021 Exam Pattern enlists the marking scheme, exam mode, duration of the exam, weightage of marks, etc. Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET), a national level entrance exam is administered once in a year to provide admission in 10 central participating universities. The admission is provided into various UG or Integrated, PG and Research programmes in the participating universities. The complete detailed information related to CUCET Exam Pattern 2021 is enclosed in this article.
CUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are suggested to acknowledge the exam pattern before advancing towards exam preparation. The exam pattern lists the types of questions that shall be asked in the examination, the marking scheme, weightage etc. With the exam pattern in hand, candidates can plan their schedule and score qualifying marks. The details concerning the complete CUCET 2021 exam pattern are specified below:
- The written exam shall be organised in the 3rd week of May 2021 through offline mode.
- The question paper is composed of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- The medium of the examination paper is in English.
- The time duration to complete the exam is 2 hours.
- Every correct answer shall be allotted with 1 mark.
- 0.25 mark shall be reduced for every wrong answer.
For Integrated M.Tech, B.Tech, Integrated M.Sc, BBA, BA, etc. (UGQP01):
- The exam paper is split into two parts, i.e. Part-A and Part-B. Each part consists of 25 or more questions. It is mandatory for every candidate to attend a set of ‘X’ sections, i.e., 75 questions.
- Part A is composed of 25 MCQ questions formulated from subjects, namely English, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude, and General Knowledge.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to attempt all Section I (Physics) & II (Chemistry) questions. Among Section III and Section IV, either Mathematics (Section III) or Biology (Section IV) can be chosen and answered. If a candidate attempts both Mathematics and Biology Sections, then best among the three sections, i.e. Section I, II and either III or IV shall be taken into account for mark calculation.
For Integrated M.Sc, MA, B.VOC, BPA, Diploma (UGQP02):
- Only one test paper shall be available for this session.
- The question paper is composed of 100 multiple choice questions from English, Numerical Aptitude/ Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude, General Knowledge.
For B.VOC (Interior Design) (UGQP03):
- The question paper is set for 100 marks split into two parts i.e. Part A and Part B.
- Part A carries 25 Marks to be completed in 30 minutes.
- The question paper is composed of objective type questions. The question paper division is depicted in the below tabulation:
|Type||Number of Questions|
|Basic Mathematics (Geometry, Mensuration, percentage calculations, etc.)||10|
|Spatial Intelligence (paper folding, shapes, etc.)||5|
|General awareness (about interiors as seen|
in homes and surroundings)
- Part B carries 75 Marks to be completed in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- This part shall cover questions to test basic drawing skills, aesthetic sense, lateral thinking and creativity.
Other Instructions regarding Exam Pattern
- The candidates are supposed to answer the paper by choosing the sections in a combination of either PCM or PCB. Candidates must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent qualifying examination majored in their respective subjects.
- Only one paper shall be available for Integrated Courses/B.Voc./MBA/MCA/LLB or any other general courses, consisting of 100 MCQs. The questions shall be covered from English, reasoning, data interpretations/ numerical ability, general awareness and analytical skills.
- OMR sheet shall be provided to the candidates in which the right option must be marked. If a candidate is found to have marked multiple answers for a single question in the OMR Sheet, then it shall be regarded as a wrong answer, and negative mark shall be provided for that question.