The term DANICS means to Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services. It is a reputed service in India, which is basically administering the Delhi and Union territories of India. In fact, it is a service just like the state Civil Service.
To get Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Service, one should have to qualify the civil service exam which is held every year. Only once qualified for this civil service exam, the candidates become able to get DANICS Officers Grade “B” post.
Once got the training if two years, DANICS officers are posted into different positions such as Assistant Collector (District Administration, Delhi) or Special Duty Officers on deputation in the Autonomous Bodies of Delhi like NDMC, MCD, DDA etc. or even as Deputy Secretary in different Ministries of Delhi Government.
In addition, after indulging in the job perfectly for some periods, they get promoted into Senior Grades (JAG-I and JAG-II/SAG) and get Induction into IAS (AGMUT Cadre).
To become DANICS officers is vital as they usually get the similar post like the State Civil Service officers. The fact is that the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, is the actual Cadre Controlling Authority for DANICS.
In addition, they are directed by the Delhi Government on the recommendation of the respective Governor/Administrator/ Lieutenant Governor of that Union Territory.
Important dates 2019 to attend DANICS
|DANICS Civil Services Date of Notification||19-02-2019|
|Start date of DANICS for Online Registration||Feb 2019|
|End of Online Submission of DANICS||18-03-2019|
|DANICS Admit Card for Preliminary Examination||4th Week of May|
|DANICS Date of Civil Services Preliminary Examination||02-06-2019|
|Date of DANICS Civil Services Main Examination||20-09-2019|
Eligibility criteria for DANICS Exam
As per Nationality
- The candidate should be a citizen of India or subject to Nepal or Bhutan
- Candidates have to be a Tibetan Refugee who got here in India before January 1, 1962. Moreover, these should be settled completely in India.
- The candidate should be a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from these countries only like Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Zambia, Vietnam, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zaire, or Sri-Lanka with an intention of properly residing in India. Moreover, the government should have issued a certificate in their favor.
As per Educational Qualification
- The candidate should have done a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University.
- Candidates appearing by entering degree exam can also compete. In a case they qualify on the end result of the written a part of the examination, they are liable to submit the proof of passing the particular examination along with their completed application form to be filled in at that level.
- Candidates who are yet to complete their qualifications are also qualified for the same.
Age Limit to participate in DANICS 2019
|The minimum age to attempt DANICS exam||21 years|
|The maximum age to attempt DANICS exam||30 years|
Relaxable Age Limit
|For Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers||5 years|
|For SC/ST (Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribe) participants||5 years|
|For OBC (Other Back ward class) candidates||3 years|
|For Ex-servicemen (Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs)||5 years|
|For Orthopaedically handicapped participants||10 years|
|For Blind, Low Vision, and Partially deaf candidates||10 years|
|For participants belong to the State of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
Number of attempts
To clear DANICS exam, the candidates can get more chances but these are restricted as per caste.
|For Physically handicapped candidates||9 attempts|
|For General category candidates||6 attempts|
|For OBC (Other Backward classes)||No restriction|
|For SC/ST (Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribe) candidates||9 attempts|
Procedure to fill up UPSC DANICS Application Form 2019
- For filling up the application form to attempt DANICS exam 2019, the candidates are supposed to fill up the application form DANICS 2019. For this, you can open the official link of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Once open the website, candidates will have to do the following steps:
- To fill up the application form DANICS 2019, the candidates are supposed to register themselves first on the official website of the UPSC.
- The UPSC will send them updates by the way of email. The candidates are supposed to keep checking their email until the procedure ends.
- Once done this, they need to upload their photo as well as signature. Both should be scanned clearly and must be in JPG format. In addition, the size should not be less than 3kb and must not exceed 40kb.
- Lastly, pay the application fee to UPSC.
It is suggested that the interested candidates should fill the application form for DANICS (Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services) exam 2019 in the prescribed format.
They need to read and understand the instructions carefully because the silly mistakes in the application form will delay their application process. Candidates pay the application fee via cash, internet banking or credit score/debit card. In addition, you can click on the following links to get the application form for DANICS exam 2019.
Admit Card of DANICS 2019
Admit card is mandatory to sit for DANICS exam 2019. The candidates filled up the application form can get their admit card by the way of the official web portal, i.e. www.upsc.gov.in.
In addition, the candidates will be issued their e-Admission Certificate 3 weeks before the date of Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services. In other words, the candidates can get both of their admit card (Prelims as well as Main Examination) by downloading through the official web portal. They can click on the following links if they need instant downloading.
DANICS Civil Services Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
The DANICS civil service exam will have occurred in three stages:
- Stage I: Preliminary Examination.
- Stage II: Main Examination.
- Stage III: Personality Test/Interview Round.
Stage I: Prelims
The Prelims will have 2 objective type papers i.e. General Studies Paper – I and General Studies Paper – I and General Studies Paper – II (CSAT). Both the exam will have 200 marks and duration will be for 2 hours.
Moreover, negative marking will be there. For this, candidates need to be careful as 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. In addition, for qualifying General Studies Paper – II, candidates need to score minimum 33%. For blind students, 20 minutes extra time will be given for each paper in Prelims
Stage II: Mains
DANICS or Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services Main 2019 will consist of 9 papers, from which Paper A and Paper B will need to qualify on the priority basis. The rest will count for ranking purpose only.
Moreover, the total of Mains DANICS will be 1750 marks from which Paper A and Paper B will be of 600 marks and rest will be 250 each. In addition, candidates must obtain 25% of marks in Paper A and Paper B to qualify for an interview.
Stage III: Personality Test/Interview Round
The interview will be the final round of DANICS exam 2019 which will conduct by UPSC Board Members in UPSC Bhawan in New Delhi. The total marks have allotted to this final round are 275. The total marks scored in Mains and Interview will use in analyzing the final rank of the candidates.
DANICS Civil Services Exam 2019 Syllabus
To get the syllabus of DANICS exam 2019, interested candidates can click on the following links. The information given on these links are worthwhile, accurate, and assembled as per prescribed by the UPSC.
DUTIES of Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services or DANICS officers
- The DANICS offices are equally competent like the IAS officers in the beginning. The DANICS officers are deemed to direct the middle-level posts.
- The fact is that DANICS officer is more similar to that of IAS than civil service officers. Hence, becoming Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services officers will be the most prominent job.
- It is a pleasure to share that the post of DANICS officers is prominent. They get great respect as well as honours.
Tips to qualify for DANICS
- Regular practice of previous year questions and papers should be done.
- Manage a timetable and make sure to do regular practice as per mentioned over it.
- Confidently attempt the DANICS exam. Make sure to manage time while attempting papers.
- Practice should be on high priority during preparation time.
Hence, the above information is enough to get all the details required to qualify for the DANICS 2019 exam. In order to get more information, the candidates can comment on the following mentioned box.
In addition, they will get informed through comment box or email id’s written over there. Hence it’s time to crack DANICS with the help of accurate information mentioned in this article.
Good luck! 🙂