Declaration letters are not general letters in usage; they are usually crafted for specific purposes in businesses, industries and educational institutions. Some of the common circumstances where declaration letters are used can be explained in this context. When a current employer asks for a referential letter of an employee from his previous working company and ceases to exist any longer, the employee needs to furnish a declaration letter. It is an indirect form of legal statement expressing a formal undertaking by the person writing the declaration.
In a job contract, if the person’s role needs him to be part of offsite services, he must provide a letter of declaration to be open to such offers later in his work tenure. It is an undersigned document that can be put across as a reference during a particular event or activity. Many instances show the need for individuals to sign declaration letters in their job roles. Another instance could be when a person staying abroad with a valid visa gets a visit from official visitors for acknowledgement, and then he could be open to it by presenting a declaration letter beforehand.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to Write a Declaration Letter?
There are specific guidelines and pointers to be followed while writing declaration letters. We have listed them down here:
- Declaration letters serve a specific purpose. Hence the reason behind writing the declaration letter and for what it’s being written must be explicitly and written in the letter.
- Usually, these letters are crafted with legal help, and the information should be accurate, and all facts must be correct.
- Detailing of all facts associated with the declaration should be done in the proper format.
- The person presenting the declaration letter should put his valid signature on the document; else, the letter may not hold much value.
- It’s an important document serving a particular purpose. Check for accuracy, spelling errors and avoid any grammatical mistakes.
- Always seek expert opinion while drafting declaration letters, as they hold immense value both in the present and future of the individual.
Declaration Letter Samples
1. A stuntman offering a declaration letter to his film producer
Letter of Declaration From A Stuntman for A Film
5th April 2021,
Subject: Declaration letter to the short film “Safety comes first.”
I, Vasanth Kumar, working as a stuntman for the movie “ Safety comes first”, agree to the various terms and conditions applicable as part of my role in the forthcoming film. I understand the underlying risks and responsibilities attached to my role and vow to undertake proper safety precautions in this regard. In the unfortunate event of any accident, injury or even death, I do not hold you or any other crew member responsible for any mishap.
I have understood the importance of my role in the movie and acknowledge hereby keeping up the sanctity of my performance. I also agree to pay any medical charges incurred on treatments for injuries or accidents on my own. I hereby declare that I am solely responsible for my actions in the film and do not hold anyone accountable or initiate legal actions against anybody during the process of the film shoot.
2. Declaration Letter on Account of Immigration
3. Letter of Declaration for Supplier
FAQ’s on Declaration Letter
1. What is a declaration letter?
A legally framed letter acknowledging a statement related to a particular act or event is called a declaration letter.
2. Where is declaration letters actually used in daily lives?
Businesses and industries regularly use declaration letters while transacting or dealing with their clients and customers. Some other fields such as the film industries, hospitals and immigration officers also require declaration letters to be produced.
3. What is a self-declaration letter, when is it written?
An individual who voluntarily chooses to produce a declaration for a specific purpose is called a self-declaration letter. The company may not compulsorily ask for the document. But to stay on the safer side, individuals mainly present self-declaration letters. Information provided in these letters must be factually correct and accurate. Always add value to a self-declaration letter by attesting your signature towards the end of the document.