A document issued by the Department of Food, Supplies, and Consumer Supplies is called the ration card. It offers food supplies and essential commodities to the country’s citizens at subsidized rates. The Delhi ration card is an important document that serves as proof of identity; it is accepted in Delhi and throughout the country. The article provides detailed information about eligibility criteria, important documents required, application formalities, and the process of changing/ modifying details in existing ration cards like name and address details.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Delhi Ration Card List 2022
There is no need to personally visit the government or office for the applicants to check their names on the ration card list. They can directly visit the website in the online mode and follow the instructions explained below to check the list of ration cards:
- On the official website, scroll to the menu bar and select “e-services”.
- Click on the link titled “e-Ration Card”.
- Search for the “Village List” tab and select the correct option.
- Check for other options and select District, Taluk, Gram Panchayat, Village details, and press the “Go” Button.
- In the selected village, the list of all ration cards shall appear immediately on the screen.
Delhi Ration Card Eligibility
|BPL||Ration Cards are issued to people below poverty line|
|APL||Ration Cards are issued to people above poverty line. The other condition is that people should fall in category below the medium class.|
|AAY||Under the Antyodaya Yojana, this card is issued. People who belong to financially weaker sections of economy are benefitted from this card.|
|AY||Under Annapurna Yojana, this card is issued to people. The benefits they are entitled to are, 10 kg or rice every month at absolutely no cost. Persons aged above 65 years with no source of income can apply for getting benefits under this scheme.|
How to Apply for Delhi Ration Card?
Offline Application Procedure
Delhi citizens who wish to apply for a new ration card should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website and download the application form for a new ration card. Applicant can take a printout of the same.
- After obtaining a hard copy of the application form, fill the form correctly with all necessary and requisite details.
- Submit the ration card application form. Submit the form along with the required documents for verification.
- After application submission, applicants shall get a reference number. The same number can be used to check the status of the ration card.
Online Application Procedure
Applicants can follow these procedures to apply online for a ration card:
- Applicants can check the official website of the Department of Food, Government of Delhi.
- On the website, click on the “Food Security Section”. The application form shall be soon displayed on the screen.
- Enter all details in the application form correctly. Along with this, upload relevant documents and check all data entered.
- After re-checking all particulars and uploading the correct documents, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The Ration Card Application Number needs to be taken down carefully for future purposes. This number can also be used to track the application status of the ration card.
Documents Required for Delhi Ration Card
Through online/ offline means, a person can apply for a ration card in Delhi. The applicant has to submit the following documents while applying particularly:
- Recent passport size photograph of each member of the family. The same has to be attested by a gazette officer.
- Telephone bill.
- Bank passbook details.
- Electricity bills
- Rent receipts of the house they are currently residing in.
How to Check Delhi Ration Card Status Online
The Ration Card Status for the respective application can be checked by applicants online by following the steps given below:
- The official website of the Department of Food, Supplies, and Consumer Goods needs to be visited.
- On the right side of the screen, check the section name ‘Citizen’s Corner’.
- From the list of options that follow, click on the tab titled “Track Food Security Application”.
- After selecting this particular option, the following details must be given by the applicant as follows:
- Aadhaar number
- New Ration Card number
- NFS Application ID and Online Citizen ID
- Old Ration Card Number
How to Download Delhi Ration Card?
Follow these steps to download the e-Ration Card from the official website, take a look:
- Go to the official website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Government of Delhi.
- Traverse on the homepage and check the section about “Citizen Corner”.
- Click on the option titled “Generate e-card”.
- In this section, enter relevant details like Ration Card Number, Aadhaar Number of Family Head/ NFS ID, Name and date of birth of the head of the family, and the registered mobile number. The number should be the same as the applicant entered while registration procedures.
- Click on the submit button.
- After hitting the submit button, the e-ration card shall be displayed immediately. By clicking on the ‘Download’ option, the card can be downloaded into the system.
How to Make any Corrections on Delhi Ration Card?
If the cardholder wishes to make any changes to his ration card, they need to raise relevant complaints on the official website. They need to follow these simple procedures:
- Visit the department’s official website.
- On the homepage, traverse to the ‘Grievance Section’ and click on it.
- Look for details such as ‘Village Name’, ‘Grievance Category’, ‘Applicant Address’, ‘Applicant E-mail ID’, ‘Panchayat Name’ etc.
- After entering data in relevant fields, go to the comments section, describe your issue in simple words clearly and upload all the relevant documents.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The cardholder can track the status of his complaint by keeping the complaint number with him for future purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the time required to create a new ration card?
The application form can be submitted by the applicant in either online/or offline mode along with supporting documentation, and once this is done, the ration card would be issued to the respective applicant within 15 days after verification and processing.
2. What are the documents required for a ration card?
For applying for Delhi Ration Card, the following documents are essential:
- Pan Card
- Recent Passport Size photograph
- Aadhaar Card
3. What is the official website of the ‘Department of food’, Delhi Government to apply for Delhi Ration Card?
For applying for Delhi Ration Card, an applicant needs to visit the official website, i.e. www.nfs.delhi.gov.in, and on the homepage, the application form can be downloaded.
4. If he/she does not own a Delhi ration card, then can they avail of a subsidy on food items?
Yes, the government of Delhi has announced a new scheme wherein people who do not have a ration card shall also be entitled to receive essential food grains and other basic commodities at subsidized prices.
Ration Card Related Articles