Digital India Essay: The Digital India campaign was started by India’s government in 2015. The project was implemented to make government services citizen friendly and be able to reach to a wide population base easily. All facilities and programs initiated by the government are now available electronically. Rural parts are provided with a high speed internet connection. Through this initiative, efforts are undertaken to improve online transactions, e-learning, e-health, digital lockers, e-banking, digital signatures, etc.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Essay on Digital India 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Digital India Essay in English, suitable for class 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.
In 2015, India’s government initiated a massive “Digital India” initiative. Digital India’s mission is to make the country a digitally empowered society and a knowledge economy. It guarantees the online access of government services to the citizens. Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated this program on 2 July 2015. The program includes plans to link rural areas to interim high-speed networks and to boost digital literacy. The campaign significantly increased the use of electronic services and products. The project is run by a Government body called Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL). In the 2018 phase, this program was implemented.
This project, with active participation from the Ministry of Information Technology (IT), Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Human resource development and Ministry of Health, has been organized by the Information Technology Department (DITI). The program has received acclaim from various places from the day of its launch and played a significant role in transforming India’s digital infrastructure. It will catalyse investment in the IT field, thereby creating employment.
Objectives of Digital India
The program Digital India concentrates its main areas of vision, operation and value on the demand for digital technology empowerment, for every individual, administration and people. The massive campaign is divided into three parts, aiming for the following goals:
- A safe and efficient digital network that would connect every part of the country
- Facilitated access to online government services(e-Governance)
- Digital literacy of the masses
Instead of a digital India viewpoint, the government aims to provide every citizen with high-speed internet connectivity as a resource that provides fast public service delivery through the online platform and promotes digital literacy among the population. The goal of the program is to link cities, towns and villages of India with high-speed broadband, with network and data centres called the National Information Centre.
Digital India e-Governance
Digital India has provided a significant number of government services. Some are as follows:
- Mygov.in: A forum where people exchange insights and ideas about the policy and governance of administration in general. It is done in order for people to engage fully in the process.
- Digital Attendance: The initiative was launched in Delhi to record the participation of public employees and used a biometric system in order to mark the participation of employees.
- UMANG: It is an app for all mobile platforms. The application is available in various Indian languages, allowing visitors to access tax facilities, train ticket reservations, educational portals, digital lockers and biometric identification systems, known as Aadhaar.
- e-Hospital: This application provides access to different hospital services like online laboratory reports, a payment gateway, booking appointments etc.
- e-Sign: This is a program that enables registered people to authenticate a document digitally with the help of their Aadhaar cards.
- Digi-Locker: A digital locker enables citizens to store all their government documents digitally. It is a multi-platform application developed to work in different administrative branches. Because the government itself authenticates the records, no physical copy has to be carried by people.
Advantages of Digital India Programme
- Curb of Corruption: Because of online work, the dishonest can be easily curbed because it takes place before everyone so that the job can be done in the right way.
- Time Saving: Through the digital project, people can work easily and quickly. The work done in offices in hours can be done in a couple of minutes.
- Rapid Development of Villages: The Digital India Project is in a position to change the country’s nature. If the initiative is given smooth and necessary importance in the villages, then it will not take long for that village to become a city.
- Employment Opportunities: All employment opportunities and information are available on the internet. Most government portals will then be launched following the Digital India Project and offer more opportunities.
- eBasta Portal: In this context, students will be provided with study information. This portal will make books, essential notes and materials available.
Impact of the Digital India Project
Digital India has a profound impact on people from all walks of life. The campaign has a profound effect on the whole life of the individual and contributed to the growth of society as a whole. Under Digital India, there are hundreds of programs. One plan is to create 28,000 BPO jobs across the country and create a Common Service Centre in all Gram Panchayats. It will also allow the government to generate thousands of IT jobs as Digital India needs people to help develop the infrastructure and bring the digital revolution to the new generation of young people.
So- far, over 250,000 villages have been linked in Digital India across the country. Every village now has connectivity to high-speed internet, provided by a government-owned BBNL telecom, to high-speed internet. The Government of India has also taken 11 technical steps to improve digital payment volume by promoting multiple payment channels such as PhonePe. The RuPay platform, an Indian company, competing with MasterCard and Visa, is also promoted.
The campaign has contributed to a considerable decrease in the amount of black money people had. As all is being digitally done, a lot of people came under the tax radar, so a substantial part of the black money could be traced in the market. This led to the government’s subsequent year ‘s sudden increase in revenue.