Essay on Dog: Man’s best friend is a favourite pet animal due to its loyal and faithful nature. Dogs have sharp teeth, great sense of smell, alert ears and a clever mind. They help to catch thieves and guard the homes through day and night. They bark at strangers and alert people in a dangerous situation. They enjoy kids company and love playing and jumping with them.
Essay on Dog 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Dog Essay in English, suitable for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8.
Dogs are animals that can be domesticated and kept as pets. They have a relatively short lifespan of about 10-15 years, depending on the size and general health. They are carnivores and hence require a lot of protein in their diet. They are mammals that come in several different colours, just like humans, and can have a close connection with them. Dogs are often referred to as ‘Man’s best friend.’ This is because they are loyal, obedient, playful, and loving, making the perfect partner for many people.
As a result, dogs can perform various roles for us, depending on their breed, which affects their personality, size, and shape. These roles can range from being a child’s best friend to being a police dog and cutting down on crime. There are numerous breeds of dogs, all of whom have their wonderful personalities. These can be divided into pure breeds, crossbreeds, mixed breeds, and natural breeds.
Importance of Dog
Dogs are believed to be smarter than some humans in some cases- this is because they have advanced memory skills. Thus, they can be trained and taught commands that they will respond to. They can understand human voice commands and gestures and react to them according to their training. Dogs have a strong sense of smell and can determine the direction of a certain scent. This makes them very useful to the police when they’re chasing a criminal and need to keep track of where they’re going.
Dogs are predators and are very good at hunting down their prey because their vision allows them to easily target moving objects. Their field of vision is limited to three shades- yellow, blue, and grey. Nevertheless, their sharp visual abilities make them great partners to humans when hunting. They also work well with hunters because of their hearing abilities, as they have a much broader range of sounds they can hear as compared to humans.
Overall, dogs tend to be very alert thanks to their strong senses- more alert than humans. This makes them great companions in any scenario, be it a simple stroll in a park or a partner to a security guard at night. Dogs can be wonderful companions- they fulfil a variety of roles that can enhance daily life, and they also give company to those who may be lonely. The presence of a dog can significantly change someone’s life for the better, and by bonding together, both the dog and the human can develop more loving and affectionate personalities that the world could benefit from.
10 Lines on Dog Essay in English
- Dogs are very popular animals for domesticating and keeping as pets.
- They are known as ‘Man’s Best Friend’ because of their loyalty to humans and cheerful demeanour.
- Depending on their breed, size and shape, dogs can perform a variety of roles for humans from serving as guards to emotional support.
- Dogs are believed to be smarter than humans because of their advanced memory skills.
- They have a powerful sense of smell and can figure out the direction the smell comes from, which is why they are used to catch criminals and sniff out bombs.
- Dogs can only see three colours- grey, blue and yellow, but their vision is specifically designed to make them better at spotting moving targets.
- Dogs are far more alert than humans, which is why they are excellent companions for protection.
- They provide humans with unconditional love, which is why they are also used as therapy dogs to help people with depression and anxiety.
- The presence of a pet dog in someone’s life can change it entirely for the better and make them more responsible and caring.
- A dog’s love and affection can make a human feel more fulfilled and happy, and hence help spread positive energy to the people around them.