The state of Haryana has created a unique scholarship platform for the benefit of scheduled classes and economically backward classes through a scheme named “Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chhattar Sanshodit Yojana.” It was first formulated in the year 2005-2006. Later on, it came to be formally implemented in the year 2009. The outreach of this scholarship scheme has increased several folds since its inception.
The scheme has been raised to students pursuing post-graduate studies. With these changes brought in year after year, growth and improvement in terms of the number of candidates deriving benefits of this scholarship have also increased. The government has also equally increased allocation in the budget for this scheme.
This article provides complete insight about Dr. Ambedkar’s Scholarship of Haryana state. Here, we provide full details about this scholarship like the important dates to apply, complete eligibility process, application procedure, documents required to be submitted along with application form, rewards, and benefits awarded to selected students, most frequently asked questions to this scholarship and their contact details.
Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Haryana 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Government of Haryana|
|Scholarship Name||Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship|
|Scholarship Amount||Maximum 12,000 INR per annum|
|Eligible Standard||Only Haryana domiciled candidates can apply|
Dr. Ambedkar’s scholarship of Haryana usually calls in for applications from students every year around February – March. Candidates can scroll into the official portal to stay updated about application dates. The timeline indicated here is purely tentative and subject to change. The dates are decided at the discretion of the welfare of the scheduled caste and backward classes department of the government of Haryana.
Learn about National Scholarship Portal
Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Haryana – Eligibility Criteria
Before candidates go-ahead to set the stage for a formal application process, they must understand the various eligibility conditions. They must check whether they satisfy those conditions or not. Candidates who don’t satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions should refrain from applying. It may lead to disqualification of the application.
Some of the most important eligibility criteria of Dr. Ambedkar scholarship of Haryana are listed below:
- Only Haryana domiciled candidates can apply.
- Candidates belonging to scheduled castes or economically backward classes enlisted by the government can apply.
- Candidates who belong to nomadic communities, semi-nomadic communities, and Tapriwas castes can apply.
- The annual family income of the candidate should be less than INR 4 lakhs.
- Candidates who have applied for this scheme should not be prior recipients of any other merit-based scholarship scheme. However, they could be enrolled in other scholarship schemes.
- Students must be studying anywhere between class 11th to postgraduate studies.
- Candidates who are enrolled in regular, full-time courses can apply.
- Candidates pursuing distance education courses/ courses from open universities etc are not eligible.
- Candidate should be pursuing his studies from a government recognized school/college or any other educational institution.
- The minimum marks to be secured by candidates for eligibility to apply for this scholarship is tabulated below:
|Course being pursued by the candidate.||Minimum % of marks required for eligibility|
|Urban areas||Rural areas|
|Class 11 or Diploma courses or any certificate courses [ in 1st-year enrolment]|
|Graduation [ 1st year] in streams like Arts/ science / commerce/ diploma courses/ certificate courses/ engineering/ vocational courses/ technical courses/ medical and related fields|
|Post Graduation [ 1st year] in streams like Arts/ science / commerce/ diploma courses/ certificate courses/ engineering/ vocational courses/ technical courses/ medical and related fields|
Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Haryana – Application Process
ONLINE applications are invited from interested students to apply through the official portal. Candidates need to take care of submission within the stipulated timeline. Candidates who cross the deadline cannot proceed to make applications beyond the specified timeline. The step by step procedure to apply for Dr. Ambedkar scholarship of Haryana is listed below:
- Visit the official website scbcharyana.com
- Click on the register button.
- Fill up the necessary registration information of the candidate.
- A login ID of the applicant shall be created after the registration step.
- Candidates can now log into the website with the newly created login ID and password.
- Fill up the application form with correct entries.
- Verify details for correctness.
- Scan and upload required documents in the portal.
- Submit the application form.
- Save a copy of the submitted application form or take a print copy of the same.
Every candidate enters the details asked in the application form. To verify the correctness of all data entered, candidates need to support them with relevant documentation. All documents need to be scanned in the correct format and size and later uploaded into the portal.
List of documents are:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Mark sheets of the previous qualifying exam
- First page of bank passbook
- Bonafide certificate from the educational institution
- Copy of identity card issued by the educational institution
All copies of documents need to be attested before attaching them with the application form. Without attestation, documents won’t be further processed.
Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Haryana – Rewards & Benefits
A selection committee will look into all the applications received. They will be screened, and qualifying candidates shall be shortlisted. Candidates will be filtered based on merit, economic status, etc. A list of the final selected list of candidates shall be prepared. These candidates shall receive suitable rewards and benefits. The same has been tabulated below:
|Class 11 or Diploma courses or any certificate courses [ in 1st year enrolment]||INR 8000|
|Graduation [ 1st year] in streams like Arts/ science / commerce/ diploma courses/ certificate courses|
Engineering/ vocational courses/ technical courses
Medical and related fields
|Post Graduation [ 1st year] in streams like Arts/ science / commerce/ diploma courses/ certificate courses|
Engineering/ vocational courses/ technical courses
Medical and related fields
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am a student from Karnataka, but currently studying in Haryana, can I apply for this scheme?
Only Haryana domiciled candidates can apply for this scheme. Outstation students are not eligible to apply.
- How to apply for Dr. Ambedkar scholarships of the state?
Visit the official website of Dr. Ambedkar scholarships of Haryana state, click on ‘Application forms’ under ‘E-services’ and follow instructions accordingly.
- Can general merit candidates avail benefits of the scholarship?
NO. Only scheduled classes candidates and backward classes can apply.
- Who is the provider of these scholarships?
The welfare of scheduled classes and backward classes department provides these scholarships. The department has taken up an initiative to encourage higher education among these classes of people to promote good and quality education to these sectors of economies.
- What about the reward given to students, is it a one-time grant or periodical scholarships?
The scholarship grant is monthly financial aid and ranges between INR 8000 and INR 12,000 amongst different levels.
Students can feel free to contact the concerned personnel from the department to get their queries addressed. Details are provided below:
Contact address: Welfare of scheduled classes and backward classes department, SCO 42-44, Sector 17-A, Chandigarh – 160017, Haryana, India
Telephone number: 01722704006
E-mail: [email protected]