St. John’s College in Cambridge is a popular hub for Indian students willing to pursue higher studies in diverse research and technology fields. The college offers high-quality education, maintaining the standards of standardized research techniques. In this regard, the University of Cambridge offers Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarships to students who are willing to pursue doctoral studies at Cambridge University.
This scholarship is offered with a unique emphasis and focus on particular subjects of study like the sciences, social sciences, economic studies, science and technology subjects, etc. The Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarship is more than a merit-based scholarship. It provides all-round empowerment to the student and enables them to outshine in their chosen field of study. For this, exceptionally performing students in their respective fields are chosen.
The following article focuses on the many aspects of Dr. Manmohan Singh’s scholarships, including the important dates to apply, eligibility criteria, the detailed application process, documentation required, selection procedure followed, rewards and benefits, result parameters, FAQs and important contact details.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||University of Cambridge|
|Scholarship Name||Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||A student must be an Indian National|
Learn about National Scholarship Portal
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Important Dates
Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarships have to be applied within the deadline. Applications received later shall not be entertained. Important dates to look out for, with respect to this scholarship are given below:
|Deadline for applying to this scholarship||Around Mid of January|
|Personal interview round||Between the months of April and June|
|Shortlisted candidates display list||After one month of conducting the interview|
|Beginning of the doctoral program||Usually in September/ October|
These dates are purely tentative. Every year the dates are prone to change based on the discretion of the core committee involved.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarships are offered as a gesture to encourage bright students from India to pursue higher doctoral studies at Cambridge University. So, the most important condition for any candidate to avail of this scholarship is, they have to be Indian nationals only. Apart from this primary condition, there are several other important conditions that students need to take care of, before setting into the application process. Let’s understand them one by one:
- As of December 2020, the candidate should be less than 35 years.
- Candidate should have obtained a master’s degree in his/her chosen filed from any Indian university that is recognized.
- Candidate should have got at least a first-class score in their UG and PG courses.
- Candidate should prove their ability beyond academic excellence, through the way of outspoken speech skills and leadership abilities.
- Candidates should have the vision to pursue higher studies (specialisation – doctoral degree) at Cambridge University.
- English spoken skills, language skills, and communication skills must be excellent.
- Candidate must follow all the rules and regulations of the academic process of Cambridge University.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
Now that students are aware of the important dates to apply and the important eligibility conditions before making an application for Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarship, this detailed application procedure must be followed
- Candidates must precisely decide on his area of specialisation for his doctoral studies.
- Candidate must identify a mentor/ supervisor to help him through his study course at the university.
- Look out for the online website of Cambridge University.
- Read through the guidelines for doctoral program listings and apply them suitably.
- Secure online admission.
- Candidates need to select St. John’s college while seeking admission
- Specify clearly regarding your application to the Dr. Manmohan Singh application too.
- Once there is a vacancy notified at the university premises, a candidate should be forthright in making a quick application.
- Read through the official notification and submit the application form with all credentials before the deadline.
Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarships are an internationally accredited scholarship. The documents required for this scholarship is primarily different from the list of documents needed for Indian scholarships. The list indicated here isn’t exhaustive. The most important and compulsory list of documents are presented below:
- US Visa
- ID proof of candidate provided by Government of India
- Valid Indian Passport
- Pan Card
- Letter of Admission from the university
- Mark sheets of programs pursued at Indian universities
- Graduation certificates
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Selection Procedure
Owing to international rules and norms, the stipulations and regulations governing the selection of students for Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarship program are very stringent. Candidates need to study and understand their policies before they step in to take up the decision to pursue this way ahead.
- The core selection committee at St.John’s College, Cambridge University, shall filter and sort out students to prepare an initial list of candidates.
- These shortlisted students shall be called in through Skype, and personal interview conducted.
Rewards & Benefits
Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarship is by far a fully sponsored merit-based scholarship program. It provides students with all the benefits of an international grant. Some of the highlights of the various rewards and benefits offered are:
- Full coverage of academic expenses
- UK visa facilitation and offer
- Charges of international airfare
- A reasonable amount in the form of a stipend for handling costs every month.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Results
The results of the selected candidates shall be made available on the online portal. Candidates have to stay updated to know their results in the required time. Any delay in following up after the result declaration shall not be entertained whatsoever. Few guidelines in this regard are given below:
- The final list of selected candidates shall be prepared after scrutinising candidates in the interview round.
- Shortly one month after the interview round, the results can be expected. The college shall send out detailed information regarding pre-departure norms, arrival at the university campus, follow up on UK visa and co-ordinated process, travel arrangements to students, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the future insight proclaimed behind offering this scholarship?
To lead the country (India) with high thinkers and help government bodies with expert opinion formation in major functional areas and growth sectors.
- IF a candidate is already receiving funds from the UK government for another course, can he still apply for Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarship program?
No, the candidate should not be associated with any other form of UK grant.
- What is the right time to secure admission at the college?
Between the months of September – October, the admission process needs to be done.
- What is the official website for applying to university admissions?
www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk is the official application website.
- Do candidates also receive a personal intimation regarding their selection?
In most cases, candidates are recommended to provide a valid contact number and e-mail address so the committee can contact them at St.John’s for passing on any valuable information to them.
For further enquiries and relevant doubts, candidates can keep track of these contact details to help them out:
Address: St.John’s college, Cambridge CB2 1TP, United Kingdom
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org