Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship 2021: Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa is very popular and former minister of Karnataka under the congress rule. He is noted for his philanthropy works and his immense contribution towards education in the state. He has carried out many social service activities in his tenure; some of the noteworthy mentions include establishing great educational institutions and helping the underprivileged students of the state. This scholarship is offered for student’s right from pre-university education till masters’ degree education. After the completion of course by the candidate, the scholarship shall be rightfully discontinued. This article gives detail information about Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, selection procedure, rewards and benefits.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship 2021
|Provided by||Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa Janakalyan Trust|
|Scholarship Name||Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||Only citizens of Karnataka eligible|
|Last Date of Application||November 2021 (Tentative)|
Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship Eligibility
All candidates desirous of applying for Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa scholarship scheme should be well acquainted with these minimal eligibility conditions. The trust offering this scholarship seeks high reverence to the conditions laid down by them. Hence candidates need to go through them thoroughly. The list of criteria is given below:
- Only Karnataka domiciled candidates may apply
- Annual family income of candidate should compulsorily be less than INR 1 lakh
- Candidates doing regular courses at a government recognized and affiliated educational institutions may apply.
- Candidates doing studies through correspondence or distance education are not allowed to apply.
- Only candidates who belong to the economically weaker sections of the society may apply.
Eligible courses are listed below:
|Graduation||BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BCA/ BBM/ B.Pharma/ BFA/ BHMS/ BE/ BDS/ MBBS/ B.Nursing/ BA (LLB)/ Diploma/ ITI courses, etc.|
|Post Graduation||MA/ M.Sc/ M.Com/ MCA/ Mpharma/ M. Lib (Science)/ MBA/ MTech/ M.Ed, etc.|
Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship Cut Off Marks
Candidates have to check the cut off marks they scored in the qualifying exam to be able to apply for the scholarship in the current academic year. For instance, if a candidate wishes to apply for scholarship for his PU studies at present, then his previous class 10 marks shall be treated as the qualifying exam undertaken. Here are the course-wise cut off marks given below:
|Courses||Cut off % required in the qualifying exam|
|PUC and MBBS courses||Class 10th (for PUC) and class 12th (for MBBS) score to be minimum 90%|
|Diploma/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ B.E/ BVSc||Class 10th (for Diploma) and class 12th (for other degree courses) score to be minimum 85%|
|BCA/ BBM/ BBA/ BA/ BDS/ B.Pharma/ B.Ed||Class 12th score (for degree courses) and degree score ( for masters courses) to be minimum 80%|
|CA/ MCA/ MBA/ M.Ed/ Mphil/ MTech||Degree score to be a minimum of 75%|
Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship Application
The application process for the Shamanur Shivashankarappa scholarship scheme is simple and straight forward. We explain the process step-wise in the current section:
- Visit the official website of the scholarship portal – [ssjanakalyantrust.org]
- Click on “General Application Form.”
- Enter all details correctly in the application form.
- Details are asked in various sections such as personal details, candidate details, contact details, educational details, income details etc.
- Candidates should not leave any mandatory field empty.
- Check for correctness of all data entered.
- Enter your bank details correctly.
- Click on the declaration section.
- Submit the form.
After online submission, candidates need to take hard copy print out of the submitted application form. This has to be attached with relevant hard copies of documents and then be posted to the following address:
Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa Janakalyan trust
C/o R L Law College,
Behind Bapuji Educational Association head office,
P J Extension, Davanagere- 577002
Documents Required for Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship
As stated above, candidates need not send any online copies of documents. All they have to do is take print copies of their documents, get them attested and attach them with the hard copy of their online submitted application form. Following are the documents required:
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Class 10 and class 12 mark sheets
- For candidates pursuing graduation, previous year mark sheets of the current degree course to be furnished
- Admission letter from educational institution
- Fee paid receipts for a current course being pursued
- ID card issued by an educational institution
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Bank passbook details
- Aadhaar Card
Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship Selection Process
- There is no written test or interview conducted to select candidates for this scholarship.
- All applications shall be scrutinised based on their merit and income details.
- Candidates whose applications adhere to the income norms specified shall be later checked on the basis of merit. The list of selected students shall be displayed on the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the important dates with respect to this scholarship?
Answer: Application shall be open to the public in the last week of August and deadline to submit them shall be towards the end of the first week of September.
2. I am planning to do my graduation abroad. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Answer: No. This scholarship is purely meant for continuing studies in India only.
3. When can we expect the selection of candidates after application submission?
Answer: The results of the scholarship selection process shall be revealed on the official website after 30 working days are over.
4. If a candidate forgot to send the hard copy of the application via post, will his candidature be lost?
Answer: Yes, the hard copy of application form together with documents needs to be submitted via post or in person for further application processing.
5. I have placed Xerox copies of all documents with self attestation. Will they be approved?
Answer: No, attestation from a gazette official, Government of India is essential for the application to be accepted. Self attestation is not acceptable.
6. What are the benefits?
Answer: Varying financial grant shall be offered to students based on their merit. This award of the grant shall continue till the candidate completed his course/ duration.
For any doubts regarding the scholarship offer, kindly contact the trust on the following details:
Address: The Secretary, Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa Janakalyan Trust, C/o R L Law College, Behind Bapuji Educational Association Head Office, P J Extension, Davanagere- 577002
E-mail: [email protected]
Helpline Number: 08192 250237